You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Bumblefoot not happy? Speculating....

Intercourse wrote:

My problem with both of them is the ridiculous attempts to downplay each other's contributions. Slash shits on the band's ballads because Axl wrote them even though ballads are arguably the best thing about old GN'R (SCOM, Patience, DC, NR, Estranged). Meanwhile, Axl claims Slash should have left after GN'R Lies even though Slash contributed amazing material to the UYI albums. Both of them look like assholes for shitting on each other's contributions.

That sums up my annoyance with both men perfectly.
Two assholes in ego outer space after the UYI Tours.

I am still hesitant to believe that Slash offered NO compromise on the material he brought to Axl that was rejected. No matter how bad things got, Slash never rubbished Axl's insane ability to take an average riff to a whole new level. He doesn't do it with Myles so I cannot believe he did it there.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

My dream would be to give Slash CD with all the guitars taken off just to see what he could put down in likewise with handing Apocolyptic Love or VR 1 over to Axl to deliver his take on things.

Fuck me, that would be a weekend for sitting in with a huge bag of weed and some great speakers.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Slash's guitar work and Axl's songwriting has gotten better, at least more mature. People are just sentimental for the old stuff. AFD was all happenstance and a product of a moment in time, not because their talents have eroded.

If they got together today it would sound nothing like AFD or UYI. And it would take forever to produce something. Not that it would be bad, but it wouldn't be the same.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I think they don't have the anger anymore, they don't need to prove a point anymore, to make a living, to go that extra mile and that's why it's flat out boring what they've done post 94.

Axl would be the one to have something to prove but then, again, it haunts him so much that he spends more time tinkering with layers and layers of inaudible guitars and synths than singing on the studio.

Sky Dog wrote:

Sometimes we get so tired of waiting
For a way to spend our time
An "It's so easy" to be social
"It's so easy" to be cool
Yeah it's easy to be hungry
When you ain't got shit to lose
And I wish that I could help you
With what you hope to find
But I'm still out here waiting
Watching reruns of my life
When you reach the point of breaking
Know it's gonna take some time
To heal the broken memories
That another man would need
Just to survive

Sky Dog wrote:

it's all in the illusions....the boy told you what was gonna happen

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Sky Dog wrote:

Sometimes we get so tired of waiting
For a way to spend our time
An "It's so easy" to be social
"It's so easy" to be cool
Yeah it's easy to be hungry
When you ain't got shit to lose
And I wish that I could help you
With what you hope to find
But I'm still out here waiting
Just to survive

Powerful lyrics. 11 Listened to that song the other day!

Sky Dog wrote:

Just to survive

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Two assholes in ego outer space after the UYI Tours.

You're quite right. Both went through a lot during that era. Axl, for instance, had some major changes of opinion during that era.

My father likes "Welcome to the Jungle." Ten years ago, if a song like that was caught in our house, man, it was over. But I can't hold how he once felt against him. - 1989

My stepfather is one of the most dangerous human beings I've ever met. - 1992

I'm mentioning this, as - while we all know Axl's insistence on regression therapy, which evolved into Yoda - he seemed to have a fairly cordial relationship with his (step)father up to a point.

I may be at a loss here, but it strikes to me as sycophants jumping in on a payday, feeding up his insecurities and systematically alienating him from the people around him.

Obviously, Slash would've gotten much of the same, although people would've likely focused on catering to his indulgences more than with Axl. Ax's the one who always felt good playing head games - only he wasn't good enough. sad

Board footer