You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Bumblefoot not happy? Speculating....

monkeychow wrote:

I don't see those two statements as conflicting.

Being open in 1992 about the nature of the stepfather doesn't mean he'd forgiven him any less than in 1989.

"man it was over" could be a
a polite reference to punishment Axl would receive for listening to music and if the punishment was brutal enough that could easily make the stepfather "one of the most dangerous human beings" he's met.

Sky Dog wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Two assholes in ego outer space after the UYI Tours.

You're quite right. Both went through a lot during that era. Axl, for instance, had some major changes of opinion during that era.

My father likes "Welcome to the Jungle." Ten years ago, if a song like that was caught in our house, man, it was over. But I can't hold how he once felt against him. - 1989

My stepfather is one of the most dangerous human beings I've ever met. - 1992

I'm mentioning this, as - while we all know Axl's insistence on regression therapy, which evolved into Yoda - he seemed to have a fairly cordial relationship with his (step)father up to a point.

I may be at a loss here, but it strikes to me as sycophants jumping in on a payday, feeding up his insecurities and systematically alienating him from the people around him.

Obviously, Slash would've gotten much of the same, although people would've likely focused on catering to his indulgences more than with Axl. Ax's the one who always felt good playing head games - only he wasn't good enough. sad

He's been good enough to sell 100 million albums and somehow manage to still make a pretty nice living. The reality is he has been a very successful businessman. I'd take his paycheck and assets.:peace:

zillaman67
 Rep: 0 

zillaman67 wrote:

Yes-the scene HAS changed a great deal. This is not the 80's anymore, and you DO need to compromise in order to make the cash. Remember too that Axl and Slash are used to a certain lifestyle thanks to huge success. But for ME as a GNR fan (and I know I'll piss some people off by saying this-but I don't give a fuck), making ONE new album in 12 fucking years is just  RIDICULOUS. It's unacceptable. I don't care about inner turmoil, legalities, or any of that CRAP. Alot of it is just excuses. Bumblefoot and Co. surely want to make more NEW music-it's all a part of being a musician. What-are we going to have to wait another decade for another new GNR album? 4  This new lineup must feel like a glorified COVER BAND at the moment. Can you blame them? And my opinion of 'Chinese Democracy' is: it's a good record (not a GREAT record)...but is it TRULY 'GNR'??? Nope. It is more of an Axl Rose solo album IMHO. With all the sequencing, sampling, million and one vocal tracks, super polished sound etc, etc.-'GNR' have lost what was their signature sound and style: fucking no-holds-barred HARD ROCK & ROLL. Sure-a real 'reunion' just is NOT in the cards-thanks to all the bad blood. But this does not mean the NEXT album can't be more like what we the fans loved about the GNR sound. We don't need another album with 6 'epic's' on it. I know ALOT of GNR fans feel the same way...but then you have the hard-heads out there who would love ANYHTING Axl did-even if it was a smokin' turd that was able to play a new MP3 by him... hey Axl-stop trying to reinvent the WHEEL-give us a taste of what you are truly capable of...raw, powerful, sleazy, LOUD and energetic hard ROCK!:mosh:

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Well said, pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly!

Welcome to the forum.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Axl and his camps are the record company bitches.

Axl is a corporate whore, I've been saying this for a while now and there's nothing that proves me wrong. Axl needs the record company to keep his status quo and always have somebody to blame.

Sky Dog wrote:
zillaman67 wrote:

Yes-the scene HAS changed a great deal. This is not the 80's anymore, and you DO need to compromise in order to make the cash. Remember too that Axl and Slash are used to a certain lifestyle thanks to huge success. But for ME as a GNR fan (and I know I'll piss some people off by saying this-but I don't give a fuck), making ONE new album in 12 fucking years is just  RIDICULOUS. It's unacceptable. I don't care about inner turmoil, legalities, or any of that CRAP. Alot of it is just excuses. Bumblefoot and Co. surely want to make more NEW music-it's all a part of being a musician. What-are we going to have to wait another decade for another new GNR album? 4  This new lineup must feel like a glorified COVER BAND at the moment. Can you blame them? And my opinion of 'Chinese Democracy' is: it's a good record (not a GREAT record)...but is it TRULY 'GNR'??? Nope. It is more of an Axl Rose solo album IMHO. With all the sequencing, sampling, million and one vocal tracks, super polished sound etc, etc.-'GNR' have lost what was their signature sound and style: fucking no-holds-barred HARD ROCK & ROLL. Sure-a real 'reunion' just is NOT in the cards-thanks to all the bad blood. But this does not mean the NEXT album can't be more like what we the fans loved about the GNR sound. We don't need another album with 6 'epic's' on it. I know ALOT of GNR fans feel the same way...but then you have the hard-heads out there who would love ANYHTING Axl did-even if it was a smokin' turd that was able to play a new MP3 by him... hey Axl-stop trying to reinvent the WHEEL-give us a taste of what you are truly capable of...raw, powerful, sleazy, LOUD and energetic hard ROCK!:mosh:

I would kill for 6 epics like November Rain, Coma, Civil War, Breakdown, Locomotive, and Estranged. At 45, the sleazy hard rock is just not my cup of tea anymore.

Unfortunately, the "redhead" doesn't have the "top hatted one" anymore so I get neither.:flame:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

But even if you got a reunion, you won't get that sleazy "signature sounding" r&r album either. Look at Slash's albums, how they're produced... Just not going to happen, guy. AFD is a pure 1980s hard rock album. Not saying they couldn't pull something good off, but that "sound" doesn't exist anymore. If anyone is expecting a reunion to produce something any different than CD and Slash And Friends, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Sky Dog wrote:

yep....I still think they could pull off some UYI type stuff though...which is fine with me.

Sky Dog wrote:

and for the record, no Gnr record is "raw" at all. Raw is Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols or any New York Dolls or Stooges albums...just as a few examples. AFD sounds like Dark Side of the Moon compared to albums like that.

Board footer