You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ppp

Re: Canter Banter @ MyGNR...

ppp wrote:

Yes, I read through a few of those threads and tried desperately to just skip to what Marc was saying. Every other comment was "My guy rules, your guy sucks!" over and over and over again.

It probably won't work, but I am glad Marc is sticking it to certain people. Those are his friends and it must be hard to listen to people you have never met diss the people you care about.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Who's this guy and where is he coming from? Slash entourage?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

awesome book....any fan of afd or the classic lineup should read...awesome insight to the beginnings of the band

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DCK wrote:

Who's this guy and where is he coming from? Slash entourage?

I know very little about him, but he wrote this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Reckless-Road-Mak … kless+road

And was very tight with Axl until around 2008. Someone correct me on that last part please.

He is Slash's childhood friend, but became friends with the whole band in the early days. He was probably the only one who talked to both Axl and Slash in the 1994-2008 time frame. He lost Axl's friendship in 2008, cause Axl thought he was 'on the other side'. Surprisingly enough people (I mean forum people) thought he was rather on the Axl fence in the past years.

His comments out there really worth reading. First time I'm jealous of MyGN'R.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

awesome book....any fan of afd or the classic lineup should read...awesome insight to the beginnings of the band

Yeah, great book with a lot of cool pictures and insight. A must for every GN'R fan.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm drunk right now but my theory is if we want to end this Axl slash thing then the only people who do it are Axl and Slash.

Who is going to talk that fan boy bullshit from either side when they make a new song and it's got AL style riffs and TWAT style screams. Fucking no one.

But it wont happen cos they won't play. Axl can't get over it cos he's emotionally hurt for real, and Slash can't get over it because Axl's terms are not fair to him. So it's never going to end. Canter can say all he wants. All he will do is alienate Axl's side of things for running his mouth. I wish it was different but I dont think it will be this lifetime.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Wasnt MyGNR closed??

ppp

ppp wrote:

I think it closed like 3 or 4 times. For some reason it keeps coming back.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer