You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Change that robe, Axl

misterID wrote:

I've seen worse pictures. It's really not that bad.

But I have to say, November Rain has always been my favorite AFD track.

Sky Dog wrote:

He looks like he ate and drank half of Spain. Really, Axl, please go home and rest. 5 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I don't think the pic looks all the bad. I'm really just more concerned with the "WHY" of it, ya know?

And I'm with ID... every single time I listen to AFD I think "this album would fucking BLOW without NR"

If only they'd keep NR for a double album... Perhaps making a video to it, alongside Don't Cry and Estranged...

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Dude..like that would make an epic video. Axl would have this giant orchestra behind him playing the song, then Slash would playing on top of the piano or DJ, and all that shit! You know someone should send that idea to the GNR facebook page. lol Gentlemen, I think we have a video concept. Let's move on to Estranged....you know what..fuck it! DOLPHINS....AXL'S SWIMMING WITH FUCKING DOLPHINS! end of story. 16

Me_Wise_Magic

russtcb wrote:

I don't think the pic looks all the bad. I'm really just more concerned with the "WHY" of it, ya know?

And I'm with ID... every single time I listen to AFD I think "this album would fucking BLOW without NR"

I know right?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You guys and your "November Rain would've been cool on UYI" can suck it... That would mean Steven Adler wouldn't be playing drums on it. Hello... I mean REALLY. Popcorn's finest drumming moment as a friggin musician is November Rain, so I don't want to hear another word about it!

Sky Dog wrote:

In all fairness, Axl looks fat and happy. He is probably making some good coin at this point, and if you are on the road in such awesome places as these, what would you do at 50? I would eat, drink and be merry! Hell, I do it as well but unfortunately I am land locked to Atlanta and a day job.

Shit, he is living it up, but he still needs to go home and take care of bizness....which should obviously be another record.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I relly think that they see him as having no flaws...in other words, they don't see anything wrong with the pic.  They see a pic of Axl happy and nothing else.

I'm a bit like that on this one. For a guy that spent many of his public years (and I'd guess in private) clearly suffering emotionally and miserable, it's nice to see a shot of him happy. Sure he looks 50 and looks like he's been drinking...but I dunno...to play devils advocate...why does he have to be young and beautiful to be an artist...

I think we live in a bit of a sick society that way...the obsession with youth.

Me_Wise_Magic

I just see a picture of Axl living it up, being happy, and just having a good time. Nothing else.

Board footer