You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Soundwave Australia 2013

Damn Metallex! Glad you had an amazing time dude! Glad you got to catch some epic acts! Great pics! 9  I'd love to see Metallica one day! smile

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Sounds good Metallex, I'm going to Soundwavw this Monday (it's a long weekend here). I can't wait!

Its a big week, saw Kiss and Mötley Crüe Thursday night, Soundwave this Monday then GNR next Saturday.

Awesome, a big week of ROCK! 9

How were Mötley and KISS?
I've seen both bands before, and I would've liked to see them again, but I'm still a bit tight on cash at the moment.

And, Aerosmith and Van Halen have announced tours as well...!

Kiss were good still. Whie entertaining they laid the cheese on thick with the nobody rocks like Springfield / Perth type of thing a few too many times. But it's all part of the act i guess, it was a decent show.

Motley Crüe weren't bad although Vince Neil is the weakest link in that band, he struggled vocally IMO. Probably doesn't help that he doesn't appear too fit.

That said $180 for a ticket sucks!

I'm pissed Aerosmith aren't coming west, never seen them or VH?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

See Van Halen live! Simply a good rock'n time!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

See Van Halen live! Simply a good rock'n time!

Yeah, but I'm kinda annoyed that VH are playing a festival with a bunch of other bands I don't really care for to sit through, and VH are only supposedly playing an hour and a half headline set.
I'd much rather see them on their own, and play a 2 hour set.

Same with Aerosmith, they're playing with quite a few support acts as well, kinda like their own little mini-festival.

I'll see closer to the actually gigs if I can afford to go, as their both coming late April.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Aussie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Sounds good Metallex, I'm going to Soundwavw this Monday (it's a long weekend here). I can't wait!

Its a big week, saw Kiss and Mötley Crüe Thursday night, Soundwave this Monday then GNR next Saturday.

Awesome, a big week of ROCK! 9

How were Mötley and KISS?
I've seen both bands before, and I would've liked to see them again, but I'm still a bit tight on cash at the moment.

And, Aerosmith and Van Halen have announced tours as well...!

Kiss were good still. Whie entertaining they laid the cheese on thick with the nobody rocks like Springfield / Perth type of thing a few too many times. But it's all part of the act i guess, it was a decent show.

Motley Crüe weren't bad although Vince Neil is the weakest link in that band, he struggled vocally IMO. Probably doesn't help that he doesn't appear too fit.

That said $180 for a ticket sucks!

I'm pissed Aerosmith aren't coming west, never seen them or VH?

From all the live stuff from Motley Crue, Vince has always seemed to struggle live. And by struggle, I mean runs out of breath and has the audience singing every other word. 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Looks like a hell of a time. Good for you dude. I wanna visit the land down under soon. Maybe next year this will be the perfect excuse.

I saw Motley live back in 2008 I believe. Vince sounded weak then too. Actually Buckcherry was the better set. Caught the end of Sixx AM as well. This was the first "Crue Fest". Scored some free tix and went.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Looks like a hell of a time. Good for you dude. I wanna visit the land down under soon. Maybe next year this will be the perfect excuse.

I saw Motley live back in 2008 I believe. Vince sounded weak then too. Actually Buckcherry was the better set. Caught the end of Sixx AM as well. This was the first "Crue Fest". Scored some free tix and went.

Soundwave would probably be the biggest festival now in Oz. you would love it BLS, this is the lineup this year

http://soundwavefestival.com/lineup

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Make sure you let us all know if you come down under BLS and we'll try and swing some kind of aussie meet up.

In other news....I got sick at soundwave and missed metallica...(grrr)...BUT....my day was made anyway because I did get to meet Duff....unfortunately no photo as soundwave security seem to have some attitude about it (even though the actual band members don't seem to mind)..but I got an autograph and had a quick gushing chat with him!

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Sweet monkey how did that happen?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Sweet monkey how did that happen?

Nothing fancy but it did the job, he and the rest of Loaded made an appearance at the "signing tent" at soundwave for autographs and stuff.

$2 donation to charity....and a small line later and I'm shaking hands with duff and having a quick chat! Pretty happy about it.

Soundwave is a good time, although I did chuckle at the two jailbait age girls I saw wearing bullet GNR logo tops who walked right past Duff apparently not recognising him. Now I know why it's nicknamed "Scene-wave" here in melbourne....;)

Board footer