You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Let them eat Cake!

Ban me, I DARE YOU!

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

What cake? Axl ate the whole thing as you can see by his double chin

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

What cake? Axl ate the whole thing as you can see by his double chin

LOL

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
war wrote:

russ - its all the same, man

i hear ya

lots of negativity but look at this way

you think its an 8.5 or 7.5 or whatever - on a scale of one to ten
some may say 1 o r 0

we all agree it was towards the bottom compared with other shows

don't we?

No. Because this is Axl Rose at 50. Because others are in denial doesn't make it less of a reality.

well you saying he had an off night
and somone else saying he was terrible are the same thing

we all just package it differently

that's what im saying

we all know hes 50

the fact remains he sounded bad

2006 and 2010 got me stoked

everything since has been worrysome yet the touring is accelerating

and if age is an excuse to not be able to sing these demonic and difficult songs then maybe he should mellow out like other artists do....

move on from the material if you cant sing it - i wouldnt want to sing about shit i did when i was teenager either when im 50.

mellow lyrics, mellow music, natural range, NEW material

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
war wrote:

i don't agree - people are there to see axl. when he sucks they are pissed. 90 percent bitched on the chat bar.  a lot of thoes 90 percent referred to the band and not axl. the band played what people wanted to hear and noone noticed. the was awesome tonight and noone noticed. axl stuck out like a sore thumb.

But that does agree with me.

Look at it this way. 5 guys wrote Jungle.

Then what Axl is selling you is a performance of 4 guys who did not write jungle, using the name of the 5 who did, and then the 1 guy that is legit is having a bad night.

That's the point...people are there for Axl...because it's on AXL to be GNR...it's not up to bumble and co to be GNR - all they can do is what they do do - perfect covers.

The only ways to minimise that problem are:

A. Call the band something else.
B. Have the original band.
C. Let the modern band play their own songs.

I think you'd see the same response at a Slash gig if he billed it as GNR then got up and couldn't play jungle/paradise correctly. When you carry the GNR brand on your shoulders you make a burden of being up to a certain standard.

Think about it - if this had been a reunion show and Axl sucked - people would still complain - but they'd be less pissy because they'd discuss how slash was playing or Izzy was looking or Duff or whatever - because those guys are classic GNR too. The problem is that with the new band - it's people playing covers except for Axl - so if he has a bad night there's no safteynet. And I say that as a guy who loves bumble's playing and stuff. But at the end of the day it's up to axl in terms of the satisfaction of the audience...as he's the real GNR member up there.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Steven Tyler was 50 is 2000 right?
He looked great and sounded good  example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfXRGd4pYEk

Age has nothing to do with it

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Also again...Axl is 50 now...but he was still screaming at 47....no one is asking him to be 25.

Maybe he just can't do it anymore and fair enough if that is the case - he's only human.

But I have to wonder about the future then, the band could write material of it's own and use Axl's modern voice, but instead they cover songs they didn't write with a person who can't sing them?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer