You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

war wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
war wrote:

i don't agree - people are there to see axl. when he sucks they are pissed. 90 percent bitched on the chat bar.  a lot of thoes 90 percent referred to the band and not axl. the band played what people wanted to hear and noone noticed. the was awesome tonight and noone noticed. axl stuck out like a sore thumb.

But that does agree with me.

nope

people are always gonna be there to see axl regardless of the band name and material - hes the only star in the band

if the new band writes a new album and they play that cover to cover live at every show and the band is killing it, the same amount of people notice the band

in fact, you'll also add more to the negativity for the person going to see the classics because its axl rose from gnr

it doesnt have to be over - dont get me wrong.

axl needs to start writing new material and performing current material around his natural voice

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd really like an explanation of it personally.

Bullshit aside I'd love to know.

Has axl lost his voice? Is it just Axl? Is he choosing to minimise damage? Is it to do with preparation?

All I know is that he sounded like this in 01, then raspy in 06-09, and now it's back to this.

09 is only 3 years ago - so it seems a very dramatic change to me in that time - that's why I wish I knew the background.

Maybe he has some kind of vocal illness and really just does what he can these days. I just wish he'd address something like this publicly. Then I'd have his back on it 100%

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Here's what I don't get. Where are these posters when anything is going right? In the weeks leading up to this show, did we have the services of these posters? Nope. They were apparently waiting in the wings for something they didn't like so they could post about it.

As far as I'm concerned, you can open up a 3rd account at mygnr for that sort of thing. Because the people that post here regularly give an actual shit about what's happening with the band or at the very least there fellow board members. They don't sit in the wings waiting to pounce on every negative thing that happens in the world of GN'R.

You actually have it backwards.  US fans come back after each disaster (like RIO to now) to give Axl another chance, and then of course he lets those fans down AGAIN and AGAIN. 

The problem is Axl fails 99% of the time so of course most things are going to be negative.

Maybe we thought since axl had these shows, had jimmy lined up plus those vegas shows maybe he got his shit together.  And what happened? He didnt, he just didnt even try to get in shape for this show.

Wouldnt you think with all the time he had off, he could have gotten in shape physically and also gotten his voice in shape?

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Steven Tyler was 50 is 2000 right?
He looked great and sounded good  example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfXRGd4pYEk

Age has nothing to do with it

Yes. And Axl could sing that song just fine currently. Please have any idea what you're talking about when it comes to vocal ranges and performances before posting examples again.

No he couldnt, axl couldnt even sing patience and that song is easy. Axl sounded like shit.

Axl had it easy tonight and failed big time.  Steven tyler is a much better vocalist than axl and he actually gives a shit

Hell axl cant even keep this breath for a whole song, he barely got through better.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

dave, steve doesnt have the range that axl does.

also, axl was spot on for patience until the end when it became falsetto time

hes lost his upper range - its that simple

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

This has been Axl's voice for the greater part of the last two years. During this same time, he hasn't conditioned himself well which is obvious with his weight gain.

I think it isn't age, but simple preventive care. In Axl's case, he just might not care about perfection anymore.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
war wrote:

nope

people are always gonna be there to see that know its axl regardles of aband name and material - hes the only star in the band

Yes....and he's always going to be...if they never release any material written by the other guys...and whilst he calls it GNR and yet is the only person in the band who actually wrote the GNR back catalogue that's famous.

IF Axl is under par for whatever reason, age, illness etc, then the only way to cover that is to put back the other stars, or make the other players into stars.

I'm sorry to be negative. I'm just saying. People ask why the fan base reacts to these things - and I'm just saying - it's because it's billed as GNR - then the only GNR member onstage can't play GNR songs correctly.

Translate that into another economic transaction. Like a dinner out or something and think of how people react.

The fall out would be less if the rest of the band, who always sound great, could stand on their own feet as part of the GNR catalogue...but that doesn't happen because they're only touring musicians.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Iv got the show monkey ill put it in the download seaction

Board footer