You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

a bunch of people on the internet hoping and wishing for failure??

Not sure if that's the case Russ, I think it just seems like that.

I think most of the negative posters would really love Axl to come out and fucking lay out their ears like he used to do in 2006, and 9 and of course back in the hey day as well.

I guess some people are negative for the hell of it...but notice how when there's a new song leak or something of that nature for a while everyone gets excited and happy.

It's because most people WANT gnr to be good...and they want new music...but we don't get new music...for a reason that's never been explained other than in a "fuck us stop asking for it" way...and so we have to make do with live versions of old songs...so then when something about the old song sounds off....it's extra upsetting....but I dont think these people want negativity...I think they're just depressed at how things turn out.

Exactly, if a killer leak came out, we would be praising it.
The problem is there are way more lows than highs with Gnr. And some people like Russ are more willing to be less negative about the lows than others.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Ali wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

vocal range has NOTHING to do with singing or how good you sound. Axl cant even sing low anymore as well, his lower register is awful.

Axl doesnt even need his upper register for most of the stuff he played tonight and he was still terrible.

You clearly know nothing about singing if you think vocal range has nothing to do with singing. It's something that can be developed through training.

Ali

Vocal range has NOTHING to do with singing at all.
It does not matter how good your range IS or WAS, you can have someone with little vocal range sound BETTER than someone that has a better vocal range.

Just take eddie vedder and axl tonight.
Axl has a much bigger vocal range yet eddie vedder sounded better.

Axl has  a better vocal range than Mark Foster from Foster the people but Mark blows Axl out of the water when it comes to singing.

You have no clue what you're saying when you say range has nothing to do with singing.

Ali

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Ali wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

vocal range has NOTHING to do with singing or how good you sound. Axl cant even sing low anymore as well, his lower register is awful.

Axl doesnt even need his upper register for most of the stuff he played tonight and he was still terrible.

You clearly know nothing about singing if you think vocal range has nothing to do with singing. It's something that can be developed through training.

Ali

It does not matter how good your range IS or WAS, you can have someone with little vocal range sound BETTER than someone that has a better vocal range.

Axl has  a better vocal range than Mark Foster from Foster the people but Mark blows Axl out of the water when it comes to singing.

but that's where range IS relevant

few if any people can ever sing like axl did in his 20's
axl, himself, can't

but to say he cant sing in his natural range is pushing it

he needs to know his limitations

and hes put himself in a bind by limiting himself as an artist to his past work

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Ali wrote:

I have to say that as someone at the show, the reactions of the group of eight people I was with and all the people around me that I saw who were dancing and cheering, is night and day with the reactions of those on the Internet forums.

Ali

WAIT. WHAT'S THAT?? Someone at a GN'R show thought it was better than a bunch of people on the internet hoping and wishing for failure??

Good for you. I'm glad you and those around you had fun! 9

Yeah, it's actually astonishing the contrast. I think some people just have a tremendous attachment to the raspy vocal tone and if he doesn't use it, he sounds like shit.

Roll on tomorrow.

Ali

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Its not pushing he cant sing in his natural voice. Listen to Nov Rain from rio, that is his natural voice and its all over the place. His voice is very thin now and even his reg voice sounds weak.  If he would pratice  iam sure his normal range would sound good but he doesnt and that is the problem.

war

war wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

a bunch of people on the internet hoping and wishing for failure??

Not sure if that's the case Russ, I think it just seems like that.

I think most of the negative posters would really love Axl to come out and fucking lay out their ears like he used to do in 2006, and 9 and of course back in the hey day as well.

I guess some people are negative for the hell of it...but notice how when there's a new song leak or something of that nature for a while everyone gets excited and happy.

It's because most people WANT gnr to be good...and they want new music...but we don't get new music...for a reason that's never been explained other than in a "fuck us stop asking for it" way...and so we have to make do with live versions of old songs...so then when something about the old song sounds off....it's extra upsetting....but I dont think these people want negativity...I think they're just depressed at how things turn out.

Exactly, if a killer leak came out, we would be praising it.
The problem is there are way more lows than highs with Gnr. And some people like Russ are more willing to be less negative about the lows than others.

and we are all used to both highs and lows, including inconsistencies dating back to UYI tour

i was still happy  in 2010 watching great performances on youtube and seeing them when they came to mn

IMO his voice seemed more consistent on that tour than any other since the 80's

its getting to the point, though, where it seems like axl has nowhere to go without new material

the material is getting gold and the performances are getting worse and axl, himself, seems to be more sick of it than we do

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Ali wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

You have no clue what you're saying when you say range has nothing to do with singing.

Ali

You have no clue, Adele is a way better singer than axl, and Axls range is way more than hers (Axl is like what 4 maybe 5 vs Adele being a 3).  Adele is one of the best singers in the world and doesnt have the range of Axl.

You have no clue.

war

war wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Its not pushing he cant sing in his natural voice. Listen to Nov Rain from rio, that is his natural voice and its all over the place. His voice is very thin now and even his reg voice sounds weak.  If he would pratice  iam sure his normal range would sound good but he doesnt and that is the problem.

not being able to sing and not warming up are two different things
i agree with you here

the man has a great natural voice and i wish he'd start releasing and performing material utilizing that

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Axls voice is not in shape, that is why he cant sing. Its also why he sounds better at the end of the tour than the beginning, because his voice is almost in shape by the end.  Just think if he trained for a few months before going on tour.

And he did have a great natural voice (just look at the demo of dont cry) when his voice is his shape, but if you dont use it, you lose it

war

war wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Ali wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Ali

You have no clue, Adele is a way better singer than axl, and Axls range is way more than hers (Axl is like what 4 maybe 5 vs Adele being a 3).  Adele is one of the best singers in the world and doesnt have the range of Axl.

You have no clue.

tlet me use an analogy that we all might agree with

take rg3 and andrew luck

forget the past

right now:

rg3 is a better qb because he is passing the ball as well as luck and running the ball better - "he has a better range"

fw ten years

imagine now rg 3 has lost his legs a bit to age but still has the throwing skills and so does luck.

but rg3 refuses to sit in the pocket and still tries to run the ball every other down.

luck outperforms rg3 now because of that

not sure that that makes him better per se - i guess its semantics

ability wise they are still even is the point

Board footer