You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

misterID wrote:

This just in, Dave has discovered that both Jay-Z and Axl have used the word "Yeah" in recent songs. So it is obvious that Axl ripped off Jay Z on multiple occasions. Please stay tuned. Dave is currently investigating a claim that both Axl and Steven Tyler have used the word "Hey" in a song. Accusations of plagiarism to follow.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Axl does not practice, the band members have been saying it since the UYI days.

You know I agree that it wasn't a good performance but I think there's much more to it than that.

We know Axl doesn't practise much with the band, but that doesn't translate to knowing that he doesn't have some kind of private voice regimen. The band practise is about stage blocking, dividing up the solos and so on.

Axl practising wouldn't so much be about him running through November Rain as it would be about him doing warm up and down exercises each day, doing those opera singer exercises and so on, doing breathing work to strengthen his diagraphm and that kind of thing.

For all you know Axl does this daily and what we get is actually how it sounds WITH that kind of work and it would be worse or impossible without it.

We just don't know.

For all the examples of Axl getting good mid tour there's also times he's come good out of nowhere. I think the 09 japan shows didn't have a warm up yet he sounded good on those.

Also lazyiness doesn't account for other changes, like the sudden return to rasp in 06, and the strange decision to sing everything clean in 2001.

Also there's videos where Axl does a jungle scream and looks pleased, and ones where he does it and looks dissatisfied.

I suspect there's a more serious issue with his voice than just "couldn't be fucked" and that perhaps like some other medical problems it might come and go a little....so some days he can scream it out and other days he struggles to get any usable Axl tone.

If Axl had some kind of voice regimen, if he did he would sound a whole lot better.  That is why he always tends to sound better by the end of the tours than he does at the beginning because he is singing every other night.

As for the rasp or not, that is because he chooses to sing that way or he doesnt.  That is all it has to do with. Even in 2006-2010 he would sing some shows with it and some without at the same show.

The reason he didnt use it in 2000-02 is probably because using the rasp is not the correct way to sing and that is when he was doing most of his vocals for the album and he didnt want to sing incorrectly and blow out his voice by singing like that like he did at the first hammerstein show in 2006

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Given Ali likes the clean tone best, and prefers the feel of the 2012 wobbling pitch displayed during last night's rendition of "better" over the cold cutting sharp anger of a 2009 Axl...I can only hope that he'll report that the gig sounded bad...as to the rest of us...that will mean Axl's back!

wow MC I have never seen this side of you. 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Im convinced most people are tone deaf.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
-D- wrote:

Im convinced most people are tone deaf.

just some GNR fans ha

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

"An unkempt Axl Rose arrived onstage late, hunched over a microphone stand and huffed his way through tunes that sounded vaguely familiar with a cast of misfits that looked vaguely like a band. His voice and blue jeans equally shredded, Rose forgot the lyrics to his group's biggest hit, "Welcome to the Jungle," and delivered an off-key version of "Sweet Child o' Mine" that most likely had all the dogs within earshot of the concert howling in pain."

http://www.sfgate.com/music/article/Bri … to-3623166

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

he had nothing nice to say about anyone from last nights show...him u and D should go hang out somewhere 16

maybe bring war and you can have a foursome tongue

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

He said how good foster the people and eddie vedder were

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

2 out of 12 acts...he's a real impartial journalist, glad he had a good time

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Bumblefoot about Axl being sick:

"Yes, Axl *did* perform with strep throat, not easy to do. And there are 2 months of shows coming up to consider, you can't push and risk damage for the rest of the touring. Kudos for him pulling it off smile

Rather than judging, let's remember the whole point of this, which is to support those kids. It was about the smiles on their faces, and they had fun smile In my world this was the most meaningful and successful show we've done. Anyone who wants to join me in that world is welcome to, room for all smile"

http://gunsnroses.com/forum/main/2137032/page/3

Board footer