You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

-D- wrote:

If his symptoms weren't bad then, that just further proves he was more Unprepared than anything else.

Axl has shown a pattern of this. So thats why I don't give him benefit of the doubt. Wasn't he "sick" or something at RIR4? I can't remember.

Not saying I hate Axl now or am no longer a fan. I'm sure by Oct 31st, he will have it together but I like to call a spade a spade. People on here trying their best "Spin" and I say, just call it what it was. no big deal.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Ali wrote:

I'll add one more thing for now.  During one of the set changes, they showed this video tribute containing a bunch of pictures of this former Bridge School student that passed away almost a year ago at the age of 9.  He was laughing and smiling in every single picture, despite the challenges that life threw at him and before his life was tragically cut short.

I saw that and then it crystallized for me that while people are complaining about the raspiness, or lack thereof, in Axl's voice and all that, there was something much more significant about this particular gig.  Something that went beyond the performances themselves.

I'm thankful I have my health and am able to enjoy concerts and express that gratitude in verbal and written communication.  These kids weren't blessed like I was.  So, I'm thankful that there are people like Neil and Pegi Young who help these kids out, and make their situations known to the rest of us.

Ali

Couldn't agree more.  While I wholeheartedly admit it wasn't a "great performance" on Saturday night in terms of quality, the fact that they took part in such a great charitable event outweighs anything and everything negative that could be pointed out.  Watching clips of the kids in between acts, interacting with various performers, was heart warming.  And seeing DJ and Ron getting involved with the kids during the set was as well.  Overall, it was an awesome event for GNR to be a part of and that's really what matters most.

As for the actual performance, WTTJ was a mess mostly due to the fact that Axl got lost during the song.  He tried to regroup, and eventually got there, but it was rough.  This has happened before, and when it does, he usually stops the song and starts it over.  I guess, since this wasn't THEIR gig, he decided to just roll with it.  "Better" was kind of a tough listen too.  It was obvious, he was struggling, so he took it down a notch on that one.  And like others have said, I haven't heard many good live versions of that song over the years.  I think they would've been better off trying "Street of Dreams" or something a little slower.  Would've worked better acoustically too.  The other songs though, I really didn't think were THAT bad.  It's all based on your viewpoint though I guess.  People are going to see and hear what they want to and interpret it as such.  That's not a shot at anyone, it's just the way it is, for me included.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

If his symptoms weren't bad then, that just further proves he was more Unprepared than anything else.

Axl has shown a pattern of this. So thats why I don't give him benefit of the doubt. Wasn't he "sick" or something at RIR4? I can't remember.

Not saying I hate Axl now or am no longer a fan. I'm sure by Oct 31st, he will have it together but I like to call a spade a spade. People on here trying their best "Spin" and I say, just call it what it was. no big deal.

Yeah, Beta was at Axl's defense on HTGTH today.  She said Axl did have a 104 degree temperature at RIR, and brought up a myriad of other factors.  I get the frustration.  There are always excuses.  It's a case of the Boy Who Cried Wolf.  After awhile, people don't want to hear it anymore, or just flat out don't believe it.  And unfortunately, that's the case we have here.  I believe Axl probably wasn't at 100% health, but deep down that wasn't the overriding factor for his struggles that night.  Sure it may have played a part, but there's always more to it than that. 

Regardless, it was a great cause and now the show must go on.  To Vegas! 9

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Patience, 2nd Night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lU75azq1wE

A completely different Axl. Still not on an all-star level, but a vast overnight improvement.

Ali wrote:

I saw that and then it crystallized for me that while people are complaining about the raspiness, or lack thereof, in Axl's voice and all that, there was something much more significant about this particular gig.  Something that went beyond the performances themselves.

That's true. Some people are tied to wheelchairs for the duration of their lives. Others bicker about someone's voice. One should never take certain privileges for granted.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Patience, 2nd Night.

A completely different Axl. Still not on an all-star level, but a vast overnight improvement.

see to me its about the same....albeit a different mix (crowd vs board) hmm

still was pretty good

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Patience, 2nd Night.

Ali wrote:

That's true. Some people are tied to wheelchairs for the duration of their lives. Others bicker about someone's voice. One should never take certain privileges for granted.

Yeah thats a shit load better 22

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Patience second night sounded great, much better form from Axl!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Axl actually sounds like the older man there

He seems kinda nervous & awkward too??

Still, p magic seeing two of my fave rock stars on stage doin such a beautiful tune. Happy times.

Board footer