You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Right.  Let's not forget Slash had to cancel a show recently because Myles was sick but was "magically cured" the next day and able to perform on Conan.

Can't believe you're bringing that up. Big difference in playing the full 2 hour show they usually do, compared to one song on a tv show.

Myles was still clearly ill, but I'm guessing with the prospective promo they'd get from being broadcast out to millions of viewers, he got it together well enough to do it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Right.  Let's not forget Slash had to cancel a show recently because Myles was sick but was "magically cured" the next day and able to perform on Conan.

Can't believe you're bringing that up. Big difference in playing the full 2 hour show they usually do, compared to one song on a tv show.

Myles was still clearly ill, but I'm guessing with the prospective promo they'd get from being broadcast out to millions of viewers, he got it together well enough to do it.

So what's the difference with Axl performing while sick? It was a big difference for GNR to perform at a charity gig for 30 minutes instead of for 2+ hours. Was it not clear Axl was sick? Up to you to decide I guess. Could you say Axl "manned up" and performed while less than 100% because of the great cause? Again, up to you to decide. I'm not flaming Myles for getting sick and having to cancel a show. It just seems Axl is taking unwarranted heat based on the information at hand.

Again, it's a case of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Some people don't believe, or don't want to believe anything from the Axl camp because it seems to be the same story over and over. Myles gets a pass, since these things aren't common for him. That, in a nutshell, is my point, and why I brought it up. So ease up.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

I just listened to the audio... One thought: I really wish, when his voice was "having one of those days"... he'd sing Better "clean" a' la Patience.

That is all.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:
Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

If he is sick, then should've done something easier like Brownstone instead of Better etc.

Of course if the 2nd night was better, 'Im assuming he got magically cured in one day.

I don't mind Axl missing a lyric or being off key here n there but god damn, his voice sounds tiny, helium filled and just bad on that first night.

Now this doesn't mean the band is over or he has lost it. ony he has done fuck all since tour ended.

Magically cured?  No, I don't think that's possible.  But, antibiotics can improve your symptoms, even if it doesn't make you completely asymptomatic, or shorten your acute symptomatic period quite a bit.  Nothing magical about that.

Ali

I agree that the "sickness" excuse, is just that, an excuse.  Obviously, in a perfect world, nobody would get sick, and they'd perform at optimal levels all the time.  Life doesn't work that way.  So while I don't think they're lying by saying Axl was sick the other night, or at Rio, it doesn't totally discount the performance. 

Regardless, enough harping on one bad night.  Let's move on.  Good things lay ahead, and that's where the focus should be.

I don't think it's just an excuse, as in it could not have been a contributing factor.  After seeing/hearing him last night, I find it entirely plausible that he is still recovering from being ill and that can and would be a factor in trying to sing.  If your throat is in physical discomfort, singing will be more difficult, same as if your ability to take in enough air to support your voice is compromised.  But, yes, there may have been more to the first night than that, as evidenced by the lyrical/vocal flub during WTTJ.

Regardless, let's move on.  The fact that to me at least there was a clear improvement in his performance in less than 24 hours says to me that the vultures need to find a different person to circle, as this is no carcass and Axl is alive and well and moving forward with touring plans.

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I couldn't talk at all on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Started on antibiotics Tuesday evening and while I don't sound "normal" (whatever that is), I can talk and communicate with people again today.  Not sure I could sing and certainly sure I couldn't sing like Axl, but depending on what his issues were, antibiotics can have a pretty swift impact.

Board footer