You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: "Better" Video Discussion

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:
Bono wrote:

I don't think there's anything wrong with the video. Looks kinda cheap in some arts due to editing but it's alright. Just the fact they never released it is so beyond stupid. GnR Land for ya though

It's like I secretly think that it's Fernando who's been editing and making it...

Could very well be. I found myself thinking it looked very fan made at points. 

I haven't watched any 2006 footage in a  LONG time and it's shocking to me to see how cool Axl was looking back then compared to what we saw in 2012. I'm not talking his weight either cause I've never thought he was fat, I'm talking  in 2006 he looked badass, in 2012 he looked like a geriatric washed up rock star. It's crazy really.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This video shows how cool a live DVD with backstage footage would be.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:
Bono wrote:

I don't think there's anything wrong with the video. Looks kinda cheap in some arts due to editing but it's alright. Just the fact they never released it is so beyond stupid. GnR Land for ya though

It's like I secretly think that it's Fernando who's been editing and making it...

Could very well be. I found myself thinking it looked very fan made at points. 

I haven't watched any 2006 footage in a  LONG time and it's shocking to me to see how cool Axl was looking back then compared to what we saw in 2012. I'm not talking his weight either cause I've never thought he was fat, I'm talking  in 2006 he looked badass, in 2012 he looked like a geriatric washed up rock star. It's crazy really.

It's like Samson. He lost his coolness when he lost the braids!!!! Oh the irony......

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Wait, the braids are cool now?

5 years of talking shit about them and now they are cool??

misterID

misterID wrote:

That's the irony. smile

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

They have reached the last stage of truth. The coolness has become self evident.

The video was alright. More in the spirit of the 80s videos than the bloated UYI stuff.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
DCK wrote:

That seems to be the case.  I remember people saying how lame the cornrows were.  Now we yearn for those days?  I have to jump on board though.  I prefer the 2006 look as well.  Some people can go years and years without showing their age.  I don't think you could mark Axl down in that category these last 6 years.  Hell, I have a lot more gray hairs than I did 6 years ago.  None of us are safe.

As long as he's healthy and in good spirits, and it seems that way, so it is what it is.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:
DCK wrote:

I thought his whole get up looked ridiculous in 02 topped off by the braids. In 06, he was dressing way cooler and the braids were at least shorter. I didn't even look that much in 06 anyways since I was happy with what I perceived as "progress".

Now I just have to laugh at myself seeing as I just talked about "being happy with progress in 2006" during a discussion about a video that leaked in 2012 for a song I first heard that year...  16

The video was the first time I've seen any 06/07 footage in quite awhile.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

It's a notch above a fan made video. I liked the behind the scenes stuff. Ultimately a bit lazy, and simply too late. I still enjoyed seeing it though.

Board footer