You are not logged in. Please register or login.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

Re: "Better" Video Discussion

axlgod wrote:
Bono wrote:

Wow! Holy shit. I can totally see why it was never officially released. Lots of top secret stuff in that video. Plus could you imagine all the legal red tape they'd have had to go through to get that thing released. I can totally understand why Lars wouldn't sign off. My whole image of Lars is ruined now because of that last scene and I can only imagine how many fans Metallica would've lost had this been released. Plus you know thery coudln't edit that last part out because it was an absolutely integral part to the overall concept of the video. Also to have Metallica sign off and allow them to use the Enter Sandman lyrics would've no doubt been way too expensive. Plus the Suicide Girls would probably want royalties for being in the video. Man it's so much clearer to me now why everything in Gn'R land is much harder and way more complicated and consfusing then it is for any other band...... I mean that video.... wow! It would've caused a real shit storm in the music industry had it been released. It's clear to me the world just would not have been ready for that.

If they would've been a little more adventurous, they wouldn't have had to get everyone to sign off.
There are hundreds of ways to make a music video.
It's just a lazy promo for a lazy band.

roll

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
misterID wrote:

Thanks brother!!!!

I thought the video was cool, save the graphics at the beginning. I actually liked that little demon on Axl's shoulder.

Lars being pulled out and Baz singing Enter Sandman (Lars) was funny shit. 14

If you look closely the demon monkey thing jumps onto Lars aswell and ends up on the door as Lars leaves.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
axlgod wrote:

If they would've been a little more adventurous, they wouldn't have had to get everyone to sign off.
There are hundreds of ways to make a music video.
It's just a lazy promo for a lazy band.

True. That's my point entirely. the fact it was never released is beyond hilarious.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

If you look closely the demon monkey thing jumps onto Lars aswell and ends up on the door as Lars leaves.

I didn't find the ending as knee slappingly hilarious as some of the others did but now that you point out that litte demon guy crawling up Lars's back THAT is pretty funny.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:
Bono wrote:

I know. That's my point entirely. the fact it was never released is beyond hilarious.

Lol, I get it now......sorry, I'm tired!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
misterID wrote:

Thanks brother!!!!

I thought the video was cool, save the graphics at the beginning. I actually liked that little demon on Axl's shoulder.

Lars being pulled out and Baz singing Enter Sandman (Lars) was funny shit. 14

I just watched it a second time and noticed it too 16

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

Is there a point to those demons? Were they part of a previous tour?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

The demon runs out of his Ferrari door when he pulls up at the start as well.

This is like 'Where's Wally'!

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

Is there a point to those demons? Were they part of a previous tour?

they`re part of the originally intended chinese democracy artwork.

the video wasn`t leaked by the way. it`s part of the production company`s website..

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

A zillion years old Better video... man, I don't even bother watching it.

Board footer