You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: "Better" Video Discussion

Naltav wrote:
axlgod wrote:
Bono wrote:

Wow! Holy shit. I can totally see why it was never officially released. Lots of top secret stuff in that video. Plus could you imagine all the legal red tape they'd have had to go through to get that thing released. I can totally understand why Lars wouldn't sign off. My whole image of Lars is ruined now because of that last scene and I can only imagine how many fans Metallica would've lost had this been released. Plus you know thery coudln't edit that last part out because it was an absolutely integral part to the overall concept of the video. Also to have Metallica sign off and allow them to use the Enter Sandman lyrics would've no doubt been way too expensive. Plus the Suicide Girls would probably want royalties for being in the video. Man it's so much clearer to me now why everything in Gn'R land is much harder and way more complicated and consfusing then it is for any other band...... I mean that video.... wow! It would've caused a real shit storm in the music industry had it been released. It's clear to me the world just would not have been ready for that.

If they would've been a little more adventurous, they wouldn't have had to get everyone to sign off.
There are hundreds of ways to make a music video.
It's just a lazy promo for a lazy band.

roll

Jeeez, someone really has thought a lot about this....  roll

Yeah, EVERYONE believes that some "legal red tape" or Lars holding it up is the main reason it was never released....

None of us are 13.... (I think....)

It's nothing more than a fun look at the band on the road. A semi profesional throws this kinda stuff together in a heartbeat. And had it been realeased at the right time, it would have helped promote the band and CD. No doubt.

But under the current circumstances. It's awesome for no other reason than it's a rare thing for me to see something like this from my favourite band.

I leave it to others to obviously get upset about supposed conspiracy-red-tape theories and excuses.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Naltav wrote:
axlgod wrote:
Bono wrote:

Wow! Holy shit. I can totally see why it was never officially released. Lots of top secret stuff in that video. Plus could you imagine all the legal red tape they'd have had to go through to get that thing released. I can totally understand why Lars wouldn't sign off. My whole image of Lars is ruined now because of that last scene and I can only imagine how many fans Metallica would've lost had this been released. Plus you know thery coudln't edit that last part out because it was an absolutely integral part to the overall concept of the video. Also to have Metallica sign off and allow them to use the Enter Sandman lyrics would've no doubt been way too expensive. Plus the Suicide Girls would probably want royalties for being in the video. Man it's so much clearer to me now why everything in Gn'R land is much harder and way more complicated and consfusing then it is for any other band...... I mean that video.... wow! It would've caused a real shit storm in the music industry had it been released. It's clear to me the world just would not have been ready for that.

If they would've been a little more adventurous, they wouldn't have had to get everyone to sign off.

roll

Yeah, EVERYONE believes that some "legal red tape" or Lars holding it up is the main reason it was never released....

It's nothing more than a fun look at the band on the road. A semi profesional throws this kinda stuff together in a heartbeat. And had it been realeased at the right time, it would have helped promote the band and CD. No doubt.

But under the current circumstances. It's awesome for no other reason than it's a rare thing for me to see something like this from my favourite band.

I leave it to others to obviously get upset about supposed conspiracy-red-tape theories and excuses.

You completely missed the sarcasm in Bono's post.:laugh:

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:
axlgod wrote:
Bono wrote:

roll

16 Wow Naltav just wow. You know what....... ah fuck it. You just look ridiculous right now.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

can't see it anywhere...

Neither can I.

Let's all toe the official line and pretend it never happened.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Naltav wrote:

You completely missed the sarcasm in Bono's post.:laugh:

Nope, didn't miss a thing! 22
The sarcasm shined through as well as the usual angry BS.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

can't see it anywhere...

Neither can I.

Let's all toe the official line and pretend it never happened.

It's up on vimeo.com. Just search for guns roses better and click "date" to get the newest uploaded.

Ha, didn't notice the litle devil jumping out of Axl's car at the beginning....

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

^Thanks.

After seeing the damn thing, my only question is, 'What's all the fuss about?'

Glad to see Bucket represented there so prominently. Other than that, a rather lukewarm effort from a band with GNR's stature.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

^Thanks.

After seeing the damn thing, my only question is, 'What's all the fuss about?'

Glad to see Bucket represented there so prominently. Other than that, a rather lukewarm effort from a band with GNR's stature.

Some liked it. Some thought it was awesome. Some didn't like. Some was gonna hate it no matter what. So somewhere in the middle is a lukewarm effort, like you said. Prolly meant as a quick and easy way to put a face on the "new" band and promote the album. 

But we all flock to it because we're not supposed to see it! Same as with every other leak through the years. I guess that's the reason for the fuzz!
smile

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I didn't laugh at any point.

This. I don't get the whole busting a gut over how funny the ending way. I really don't.  Once I saw that little demon guy that's kinda funny knowing now that he appears throughout but Lars being drunk and Baz being Baz just isn't my type of humor I guess neutral If this was a video of Britney Spears being hauled out drunk and Christina singing "Opps I did it again...."  I can't help but think people would be calling them both idiots and not really finding the hilarity in it. I don't know...

I actually think that would be funny as well.......:haha: But, then again,  maybe you are more qualified to speak for me than I am.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its a music video....and a live shot one at that

no different than say PC or LALD

it was cool, would been fine if released back in 08, but 4 years and hype will turn into a letdown for virtually anything

Board footer