You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: "Better" Video Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Naltav wrote:

But we all flock to it because we're not supposed to see it! Same as with every other leak through the years. I guess that's the reason for the fuzz!
smile

Obviously, the reception would've generally been more favorable if it would've been released on schedule in December 2008.

Having said that, I do find it a bit... how'd I put it? Spotty editing at points, the live band visuals not quite corresponding with the feel of the soundtrack. So to me, the video on itself doesn't qualify as a home-run.

This is an opinion I believe I would've held also in Dec '08, despite being pleased the band would put up the effort to promote themselves. Seeing the video, I'm twice let down by it - by itself and by the non-release.

Still, interesting to see, glad they did plan to familiarize the band, including Bucket.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I haven't watched it, nor will I.  Not interested and it doesn't sound like I'm missing anything.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I haven't watched it, nor will I.  Not interested and it doesn't sound like I'm missing anything.

That depends.  I think it's really good to see the backstage stuff.  The band and Axl having a good time.  It WOULD have been good promo for the band back in 2008.  I see no harm in this being released strictly for the FANS.  It certainly doesn't make sense to unleash it to the masses, at least I wouldn't think.  That ship has sailed.  I'd love to see a similar effort with the current lineup, and some more current footage though.  This is what normal bands do.

By the way, didn't Baz tell a story about singing "Exit Lars" in some interview about that final scene?  I tend to remember that.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am not a Baz fan by ANY stretch of the imagination. However, I di get a chuckle out of that.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I have seen videos just as good. A pretty good tune. Makes me miss bucket.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
axlgod wrote:

If they would've been a little more adventurous, they wouldn't have had to get everyone to sign off.
There are hundreds of ways to make a music video.
It's just a lazy promo for a lazy band.

True. That's my point entirely. the fact it was never released is beyond hilarious.

I think it probably just came to a point where the video became irrelevant in the context of things.  Axl went into hiding soon after his chats where he mentioned the "Better" video coming out.  I mean, I suppose they could have released it without Axl's participation, but they probably wanted everything lined up and that just never happened.  A year later when they resurfaced on tour, Robin was out, Brain was out, Buckethead was long gone, and DJ was the new guy.  So at that point, the video made even less sense.

I don't think it had much at all to do with legalities and red tape.  It was more the timing and what was going on within the band at the time, ie. Robin leaving, Axl going dormant, problems with management, record label, etc.  You know, the usual. 17

faldor

faldor wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I am not a Baz fan by ANY stretch of the imagination. However, I di get a chuckle out of that.

Yeah it was funny.  I could have done without the cameraman adding his backing vocals.

I saw Baz open for GNR in CT last year and he was good.  But watching some of the clips of the Suicide Girls, I think I would've liked to seem them perform.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The ending was funny, just a video. Cute, could have done with some more editing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I like the Dead Horse video. It was fun, nothing earth-shattering. Same here. I liked it. I also thought it was funny seeing Lars lying in the chair, holding the garbage can to his face, because he was so shitfaced.

Board footer