You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Believe in Me

buzzsaw wrote:

I think Contraband is bland.  I still like it, but until I get to the chorus, I can't tell half of the rockers apart other than Slither.

Sky Dog wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Yeah im not a fan of izzy hill billy stuff id rather Libertad anyday izzy is way over rated

watch your mouth boy! 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I do find it somewhat crazy that as much as almost all of us love AFD and most of us love Lies and both UYI albums, it's amazing that opinions are as diverse on the rest of their output as they are for any other band/artist mentioned on this site.

Sky Dog wrote:

That is because all the players are significantly different in style...that being Axl-Izzy-Duff-Slash....which is what made them great as a unit.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I'd say Duffs best work is Beautiful Disease, and I'd take that disc over any of the output from VR, Snakepit, Loaded etc.

Also my Izzy play counts are embarrassingly high 22

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Will wrote:

I'd say Duffs best work is Beautiful Disease

Yeah, that's a great album. Shame it never got a proper release!

Loaded's Sick is one of my favourites too, just a solid, no bullshit rock album with hints of punk and pop.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

From Duff himself recently, his opinion on Believe In Me...

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/features … ff-McKagan

Two decades on how do you feel about your solo album Believe In Me?
It’s a good snapshot of a drunken idiot. I think it was a great snapshot of my state of mind … I don’t think it’s a great record, I think it’s a great snapshot.

Couldn't agree more...:laugh:

Board footer