You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Is Russ the new Jarmo? (Mentioned on GN'Rs fb page)

Sky Dog wrote:

agree. Alot of people can't stand Axl's voice. However, his/their record speaks for itself. Essentially 4 albums of material sold 100 million albums. You don't do those kind of numbers with a pedestrian singer and you would be hard pressed to find another band with that small of a catalog who did those kind of numbers.

Now, today, is irrelvant because he/they already had a HUGE career in just 6 years. (87-93).  Axl made his mark and it can't be erased...no matter how hard he tries to fuck it up.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

agree. Alot of people can't stand Axl's voice. However, his/their record speaks for itself. Essentially 4 albums of material sold 100 million albums. You don't do those kind of numbers with a pedestrian singer and you would be hard pressed to find another band with that small of a catalog who did those kind of numbers.

Now, today, is irrelvant because he/they already had a HUGE career in just 6 years. (87-93).  Axl made his mark and it can't be erased...no matter how hard he tries to fuck it up.

Absolutely.  I started not hating the new band when I figured that out.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I think this is by far the best place to discuss GN'R online for several reasons, but the most important is: users are entitled to their opinions.

Sometimes it happens, after the RRHOF it's more usual, that some bashing do occur and that some people tend to be agressive and sometimes even disrespectful, but it's this way everywhere, we're humans.

But we don't have people taking sides and being religious about stuff. I had some serious discussions with a few members here but it was never hold as a grudge or always brought back whenever something was posted and most users tend to READ your posts before REPLYING and that's valuable.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

These days I find myself wondering...if Fernando or whoever runs the GNR site knows the admins here by name...and when Bumblefoot himself responds to rumours about him...BURIED 18 PAGES INTO A THREAD ON A DIFFERENT TOPIC....is this place going to become the new stepford wives capital of the internet too?

And if it does...where does someone like me...who marvels at Bumblefoots skills, who loves Slash's emotive playing, and who thinks Axl has the greatest rock voice in history go next....as this was the last bastion of independent thought.

Never going to happen as long as I have a say in the matter, and I think most of the people on the team agree.

Stay away from personal attacks and you can hold any opinion you want. We are ex members of HTGTH for a reason.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood monkeys post but I don't think so...I read it as a more genreralized observation to the new band vs the old....an ongoing state of mind if u will where its slash or axl....monkey has long been an advocate of enjoying music from all.sides of the fence and is just talking about not understanding how one could slander anyone of these guys contributions to gnr (namely slash in this case)

I don't think the post was an attack against u Russ...forgive me monkey if I am speaking out of turn

Monkey...and whoever else has concerns...our modus operendai won't, Ron prompt heard about it thru a mygnr poster and decided to check here too...like I said above....he knows we don't hold back on what we let be posted so he came to make a statement on his own behalf...simple as...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I really don't understand Monkey's post. tbh, nothing posted here has ever said that GN'R now controls this site, or has influence. Robin, Russ's favorite GN'R member, was slammed for what? 48 hours straight, and he didn't delete one post or interfere, even though it was most likely aimed at getting under his skin... These types of posts always seem to pop up when someone says they're not a huge Slash fan...

And for the record, I don't know anyone on this forum who despises Slash. He was part of my favorite songs of all time. I might not be a Slash fan but I don't hate him. That is way off base...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Good one! 16 Just give peace a chance!! We're all hear to celebrate GNR's music, the alumni past and present, and various other topics of music and culture!

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Good one! 16 Just give peace a chance!! We're all hear to celebrate GNR's music, the alumni past and present, and various other topics of music and culture!

No kidding. It's called GNREVOLUTION... As in... The Evolution of GNR? Maybe that wasn't the intent with naming it, I have no idea, but that's what I think of.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Same here! Especially with the graphic logo above!!

Board footer