You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: SLASH: Limited-Edition Deluxe Four-Disc Package

Gong wrote:

meh. i won't be buying this.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Most labels double-dip like this.

For example I bought Alterbridge 3 for $19 then they released Alterbridge 3.5 for $21 which is the same album with like 5 more songs or something...Grr.

Ended up with at least 3 versions of contrband because or re-releases with videos and bonus songs and stuff.

I'll probably wait a bit to see if there's any chance of a stand alone NYC dvd then crack if not.

I'd like to see Sydney released though as Anastasia at that gig was mindblowing...but of course depends who has the rights to some of these things.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Thanks!!!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Iv got it in the download section.This fella just downloads them the same as everone and sells them dodge as

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Nobody is forcing anybody to buy this stuff, I just think its good that the band are at least providing the option.
Better than an AFD belt buckle, that's for sure!!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Nobody is forcing anybody to buy this stuff, I just think its good that the band are at least providing the option.

Well, I'm sure that the Slash Fan Club will not send Axl Rose or Paul Tobias pictures to the members 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I don't believe anybody said they were forced to buy it.

However if they want people to voluntary buy it they may want to make it a bit more unique or special than it is. Because for me I ain't buying shit that I already predominantly own, I will try and get a boot for the NY gig which is the only thing I don't own.

I mean the Stoke show has been out for more than 12 months and on Blu ray.

I'm the first person to buy repackaged stuff form Slash and Axl even if there is some double up with what I have already, but this is just lame. There are a number of other shows they could have packaged with it, I just don't understand why the wouldn't, it's very lazy.

I mean think about it, the people that actually pay for music these days are almost a dying breed. The people,they want to buy this I imagine would probably be hardcore fans. If that's the case why shaft them with so much stuff they already have?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know that anybody is mad about it, I just think they are calling BS on something that they would call BS on anyone else doing.  For example, I would expect people to give Axl shit if a rerelease of CD has something like OMG as the only bonus track or a remix of CD that is actually the leaks everybody already has is released (though some would argue the leaks were better than the album).  If you're going to ask people to buy something again, at least make it worth their while to do so.

It doesn't really matter who put it together either (to me at least).  If it's got your name on it, you should accept whatever comes with it (good or bad).

Board footer