You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

-D- wrote:

Well, Axl is first on the lineup, so that usually means two segments. So he will be the lead guest. Should be awesome.

People who bash Axl for lack of publicity on CD can't really turn around and bash this also

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I hope he takes off the hat and sunglasses. He's beginning to remind me of the invisible man.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

Let's be honest, how relevant is Axl Rose these days?  I'll be interested to see what the ratings are for the show that night.  There are certain guests that give these shows spikes in the ratings.  Axl does too, but I don't think it's as widespread.  I  have nothing to base that on, just a belief.  We'll see what happens.  An Axl interview certainly is rare.  But do people care outside of these boards?  That is the question.

another reason why axl shouldn't be on this show - he should go where there's guaranteed numbers/ratings so he doesn't shoulder the blame if no-one tunes in.

i know where you're coming from re: being relevant - it's like saying who's 'hot' right now in celeb culture, say the twilight actors would bring in larger ratings. but in terms of value, of cultural value, of rock n roll history, axl is a big fucking fish (literally & metaphorically tongue )
but it's not gonna be treated as such. he's lowering himself to yer average-status celeb by going on this show. what should happen is kimmel, or oprah or ellen or however many other talk shows outrate kimmel, these people should dedicate their entire show to axl & have them perform. that's the kinda respect axl should command. that's the way it should be played, on his terms. not having him relegated to the level of a 'normal' guest. he's better, more important than that!

I bet Jimmy Fallon would do that, if it was something Axl would be interested in.  He's had Pearl Jam, Springsteen, etc. on for entire weeks.  And he's obviously a big GNR fan, so I'm sure he'd be open to it.  Maybe if they ever get around to releasing another album they could go that route.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I hope he takes off the hat and sunglasses. He's beginning to remind me of the invisible man.

Both him and Slash are now hiding behind hats and sunglasses these days, although Slash has been doing it for years.

I think Slash may be balding, but whenever I've seen Axl without a hat or bandanna, his hair seems fine, so the hat and sunnies just looks odd...

johndivney wrote:
-D- wrote:

People who bash Axl for lack of publicity on CD can't really turn around and bash this also

ftr, i'm not one of those people. i think axl was somewhat justified in doing what he did. he took a principled stance. now, it's just, like, what was the point in that if you're going to do this? it seems a little weak & embarrassing to be crawling in need of some minor talk show after you've said "no i won't do that" when it was an actually bigger deal.

at least, that's how it's playing out to my eyes. he vetoed an apparent rolling stone article around the time of CD, seemingly due to his fued w/Azoff/the label over promo. but now he needs to sell tix so he's desperately seeking any format he can get & settling for this.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Neemo wrote:

is it on the 24th or the 25th? my cable box says the axl show is on thursday

It's Wednesday as far as I know. I think the show starts at midnight so maybe that's why the dvr says Thursday?

yeah u were right...its midnight wednesday/thursday

stupid PVR it doenst matter to me anymore what time something is on axl 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Oh hell yes - that clip was hilarious!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Yeah, I could see Axl getting a kick out of being part of a skit of some sort.

Speculating..... Saw on Ron's instagram that the band is on their way to LA for rehearsals. Maybe we'll see a performance on Kimmel? Or Maybe new material for Vegas?

Board footer