You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

You know watching that interview really makes me think that the Lebeis' et al should really give Axl more credit and let him stand on his own two feet more often. He can handle shit like that interview fine. He's a funny and engaging character that doesn't need protecting or baby sitting 24/7, which is the impression I currently get of the situation.

Hopefully they encourage him more to do this sort of thing and other unscripted stuff and Axl gets a kick out of it and wants to do more of it also.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

One thing I noticed, was Axl wearing eyeliner? 10

Getting makeup tips from this guy I guess... dj

johndivney wrote:
Aussie wrote:

You know watching that interview really makes me think that the Lebeis' et al should really give Axl more credit and let him stand on his own two feet more often. He can handle shit like that interview fine. He's a funny and engaging character that doesn't need protecting or baby sitting 24/7, which is the impression I currently get of the situation.

Hopefully they encourage him more to do this sort of thing and other unscripted stuff and Axl gets a kick out of it and wants to do more of it also.

on that first point/paragraph:
i think he should give himself more credit.
i'm not entirely sure it was the Lebeis' fault for him not doing press before this. i don't think he wanted to do press, or trusted the media, to such an extent he chose to shy away from this sort of stuff before.
kimmel asked him how come he's doing this show but not others, or didn't do it before & he never really answered. the answer of course is cause it's much easier to promo the vegas residency & do cool stuff like give out free tickets to that than it is promoting CD or a nationwide tour.

i think they have encouraged him to do this. i think he is able to trust their judgement, that they will put measures in place to enable him to do this as comfortably as possible.
for one thing, it's certainly not unscripted. i'm sure they vetted the process thoroughly (or as thoroughly as those idiots can). & i'm sure the kimmel producers made promises to ensure they got the interview.
i think the trust he has in them, his de facto family, means he is able to do this whereas under other management he wouldn't have been comfortable enough, woulda been too paranoid to 'risk' exposing himself.
i think the fact this happened under Team Brasil shows they are capable of getting him out & about where other management failed. (not getting into the more nefarious aspect of their dealings w/other management mind you.)

& as fun & cool as it was, i wouldn't want to see him over-exposed (lol, i cant keep a straight face typing this!). y'know? doing countless types of these promo-fluff interviews would do more harm than good! but it's not going to get anywhere near that level of exposure i know.
what i'd really like to see him do a charlie rose type interview where he explored in depth his influences & his work, but i don't think those type of shows exist anymore.

johndivney wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Just watched it again and I feel the need to mark this down as my favorite Axl quote ever:

"I was raised on Elvis" - axl -10/24/2012

yea that was nice but i also thought he was showing his age there tho mate wink
y'd expect paul mccartney to say that sorta thing!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I agree in the past Axl has hated doing press and probably still does. Even in the old days it tended to be Slash and Duff that did the majority of the press.

But I have had the feeling that Axls camp in the past have been overly concerned about anything
Potentially setting him off so they have vetoed opportunities before they even got to Axl. I mean that last Trunk interview Axl himself said he only knew about it at the last second.

That said, now there are personal pockets to be lined I'm guessing a lot more of this stuff will miraculously start to happen that for some reason couldn't in the past.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am thinking the shows aren't selling that well and Axl was/is contractually obligated to promote these fuckers or they will be cancelled. No coincidence that Bumble was on the show. DJ and Dizzy on an LA tv news cast. Tommy doing a new interview...

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2012 … residency/

sorry to be negative but that is my gut feeling.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer