You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

slcpunk wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

What got me more into this:

"The appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live is another in a series of firsts for the celebrated Guns N’ Roses frontman"

What are the other firsts Axl hasn't made, besides the Vegas Residency?

Maybe he's going to announce a series of upcoming lawsuits for 2013?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Perfect time to announce a new album

New Band has settled in

Residency in Vegas will be great to showcase some songs

Axl gives good interview to boost public outlook

It would be, but I think this is more to promote the upcoming Vegas shows and the Neil Young benefit. It also should be a good way to promote the new lineup, as I'd assume they'll touch on that. I wonder if they'll perform as well. That'd be nice.

It can't be to promote the Bridge School Benefit as those shows are the weekend before the appearance.

Ali

Well he could do a recap of the shows then. Or just focus on the Vegas Residency, which is probably the main reason for the appearance.

As for, why Kimmel? Like Russ said, geographically it makes the most sense. Both Letterman and Fallon are on the East coast. Wouldn't make much sense to fly across the country twice when you could just sit tight. And Jay Leno is a douche, so that leaves Kimmel. Both he and Fallon are the future of Late Night anyway. They have a much younger audience than Letterman and Leno. So its a perfect choice really. Kimmel's show is moving to 11:30 soon too, to compete with the big boys. Not sure when that change is happening. Performances on Kimmel are the best too. They have that outside stage where the artists perform 3 or more songs. Of course, nothing has been mentioned as far as a performance. Would be cool though.

The late night interviews usually aren't very in depth. They're more "for fun" and to promote whatever is going on. If Axl only gets one segment the interview may not be much more than 5 minutes. BIG, or entertaining stars usually get 2 or even 3 segments.  We'll see what they have in store for Axl. But I wouldn't expect anything ground breaking from the interview.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Although this is very cool cause we've all been saying something like this should've happened long ago here's the thing. If he has nothing substantial to say and is only there to say Guns N' Roses is playing Vegas then.... he kinda comes off as a putz even if he comes off as a nice guy.  It's a big thing to go on one of these shows and if Axl goes out there and doesn't talk about any new music or just gives vague answers and promotes the Appetite for Democracy shows then...... it's cool  but shows zero forward progress.

Still it'll be cool to see how it goes. Hopefully it won't be scripted too too much in terms of what Kimmel can actually talk about.

smoke wrote:

No new look. No new album. No new songs. Limited "new" band promo.

My $ is entirely on promoting Vegas and Neil Young.

I agree with this. It'll be cool for sure I just think it'll be more of the same. Nothing said, no furture plans and a bunch of vague answers IF they touch on the music side. Might be better if they just avoid the topic altogether and just shoot the shit and joke around

I'll watch it though. Most interesting thing to happen in Gn'R Land in.... holy crap maybe outside the 2002 MTV performance, the leaks , Hammerstien shows and the album release(though that didn't excite me)

Maybe Slash will show up. Kimmel likes Slash 14

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Very Interesting.

Could be:

1. The gears starting to turn on Chinese 2.

2. Axl announcing he's retiring after vegas. (hey they did sell all their gear)

3. That his vegas contract required him to pimp it out a little.

4. Axl just wanted to do an interview to be cool to us.

I'll go with 3.

The news on their official site is all about the Vegas-thing:
http://gunsnroses.com/news/101231

And....

@RollingStone: Axl Rose has agreed to a rare TV interview on #JimmyKimmelLive to promote upcoming Las Vegas shows: http://t.co/6K9BUJXS

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nothing to complain about. Now it's time to start taking bets if Kimmel says something that will make him walk off the set.

I realy don't think Kimmel will do that now at this stage of his career and show, he doesn't want to scare off guests which is what will happen if he breaks a "don't talk about" stipulation.

Believe it or not, almost everyone who goes on those shows have a list of things they are not to be asked.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Vegas promotion.. Pretty cool he will be doing this though. Hopefully we get something new, is it so hard to release a special single to help promote the shows in Vegas? One song over the internet is not asking much. Other than that glad he is getting off his ass and doing shit.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Progress.

Unlike with that excerable Trunk interview, Axl knows about this one beforehand.

Or he learns about it from the internet and calls it off 16

Silent Jay
 Rep: 0 

Silent Jay wrote:

‏@AndreiGillott
Its time to set the record straight... @axlrose @gunsnroses @jimmykimmellive

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer