You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

Naltav wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Even if it leads to nothing it may set some wheels in motion for the future and the record company and the powers that be may be more available for a release if they see Axl willing to get it out there and do proper promo.

Been thinking in these lines myself.

Also, the supposed proshot release of the London show could very well be a "we'll scratch your back, if you scratch our's"-move from the GNR-camp towards the label.

johndivney wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Silent Jay wrote:

‏@AndreiGillott
Its time to set the record straight... @axlrose @gunsnroses @jimmykimmellive

That Andrei guy cracks me up.

who is he?

is this a joke or is it hype for the show? if it's hype, it's the kinda jive that gets peoples expectations pumped up & leaves them disappointed.

like the others have said, i also cant really see this being an explosive warts & "setting the record straight" trip. i mean, it might could be, but in all likelihood it wont be. but it is still nice to see axl out & about nonetheless.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Considering the original plan was hinted at a year after for a follow up, and it's now been 4 years, I'd say it's not entirely impossible they're setting up for something....seems like even on Axl's timelines it must be nearly time.... wink

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

There will be no 'setting the record straight'.
There is too much risk of Axl alienating some of the casual fan base by doing so.
This will be a promo about the Vegas shows, what to expect and maybe a brief bullshit about next possibilities.

johndivney wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
johndivney wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

That Andrei guy cracks me up.

who is he?

is this a joke or is it hype for the show? if it's hype, it's the kinda jive that gets peoples expectations pumped up & leaves them disappointed.

like the others have said, i also cant really see this being an explosive warts & "setting the record straight" trip. i mean, it might could be, but in all likelihood it wont be. but it is still nice to see axl out & about nonetheless.

From what I've read around other forums, he's associated with the band in some way just not official as far as I've ever heard. Can't remember where, I read somewhere that during the last tour he was claiming he was the bands manager or something like that.

In any case, I wouldn't put any stock into anything he posts on twitter. The last thing GN'R needs now is for anyone to set the bar too high for occurrences like this interview.

oh, so he's mates w/fernando then?

tbh i'd almost prefer an axl interview where he's talking about music & his influences in a positive way rather than having him trawl thru the BS of the last 15/20yrs.
at this stage it's like, yea ok we've heard it all, the riots, the CD fiasco, no promo etc. that is except the one thing - what exactly is it about slash he hates so much? the rest is really old hat.
i'd prefer him to reveal more about his music rather than discuss bizness shit.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I agree. I'm bored of his venom against Slash. I'm sure he has his reasons but its old. Get this band into an album and show us what you guys are capable of now that you have a stable line up that gets along.

The old GNR is dead, we know that. Write a book about it and I'll buy it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

there won't be one mention of new music.....

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That's it in a nutshell.  When he wants to be, Axl can be one of the coolest guys out there. 

The problem is when he wants to (and sometimes when he probably doesn't want to), he can be one of the biggest dicks out there.

Board footer