You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live in London (Airing on Vh1 Classic)

Naltav wrote:
WARose wrote:

www.uci-kinowelt.de/HH_Mundsburg/Progra … nts/3561/5

holy shit! that`s what they meant with "a series of firsts"

If this whole thing is a fake/scam, I'll give those fuckers a high five for brilliant work! 

http://www.uci-kinowelt.de/Duesseldorf/ … nts/3561/5

Google translate:

UCI EVENTS presents: "GUNS N 'ROSES - Live in London 2012
The concert highlights on 29 October 20 clock on the big screen
One of the biggest rock bands in music history in 2012 reported back to the hottest tour of the year. UCI EVENTS shows the recording of the grand finale of the UK tour at the O2 Arena in London from June 2012 and brings Guns N 'Roses, the "most dangerous band in the world" for the first time in stunning HD quality and crazed surround sound on the big cinema screen:

UCI EVENTS presents: "GUNS N 'ROSES - Live in London 2012"

On 29 October at 20 clock in selected UCI cinema worlds

For more than twenty years, they are among the most successful and influential rock bands - not only the world but also the history of music. Since then they have been in 1988 with their hit single "Sweet Child of Mine" is known worldwide, have scandal rocker Axl Rose & Co. sold more than 100 million albums, won ten Grammy Awards and have just this year with an entry into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame knighted. Their debut album "Appetite for Destruction" sold like 28 million times and made it in 2004 under the "500 greatest albums of all time," Rolling Stone. Your 1991 posted double "Use Your Illusion I & II" reached the top of the charts at the same time. Both albums have been sold to more than 36 million times.

After it is many years relatively quietly been around the rock giants to Guns N 'Roses report back this year with a veritable fireworks: Having sold many arenas around the world, they take with their breathtaking show from London, now the big screen . In early June they were at their monumental finale of their UK tour shake the O2 Arena and presented their fans a rock show, as it should be: The now 50-year-old Axl Rose swept across the stage like a man that have become rock god, of each pose his power perfectly. To pyrotechnics at its finest, flamethrowers and confetti cannons presented GN'R fans their greatest hits such as "Welcome to the Jungle," "Live and Let Die", "November Rain", "Sweet Child of Mine", "Paradise City "and the legendary" Knockin 'on Heaven's Door ".

UCI EVENTS brings the concert highlight on 29 October 20 clock on the giant movie screen. Make sure you get your tickets to the movie premier one of the hottest concerts this year!

Tickets cost € 12, - and will soon be available HERE or directly at the box office of participating UCI cinema worlds. Watch the trailer it's HERE!

"Guns N 'Roses - Live in London 2012" on September 29 October 2012 to be seen in all the UCI cinema worlds (except Colosseum Berlin, and Vienna SCS).

"Guns N 'Roses - Live in London 2012" was at the O2 Arena in London in June 2012, recorded in high definition.

Free in-room iSENS!

In the UCI cinema worlds Dusseldorf, Ruhrpark (Bochum), Othmarschen Park (Hamburg), Elbepark (Dresden) and Mundsburg (Hamburg) "Guns N 'Roses - Live in London 2012" shown in iSENS Hall. Experienced the hottest music event of the year in the VIP seat on the XXL canvas with breathtaking 23.1-3D sound!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You've got to be kidding?  This is moving forward?  A trailer with a bunch of AFD/UYI songs proclaiming them as in the RnRHoF when NONE of the people in the video showed up?

Man, if this is progress they are never going anywhere.  The only hope is that people will say they play the old stuff fairly well and go to a show.  That's it.  This isn't selling the new band at all.

Obviously I wasn't at the show, but the limited vocals they played were pretty spot on (though he sounded a little like Myles on some of the high notes).  I suspect they were touched up like Live Era...it would be interesting to see the whole show.

Not disagreeing...

They could have saved the RRHOF comment and thrown in some CD-songs!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You've got to be kidding?  This is moving forward?  A trailer with a bunch of AFD/UYI songs proclaiming them as in the RnRHoF when NONE of the people in the video showed up?

Man, if this is progress they are never going anywhere.  The only hope is that people will say they play the old stuff fairly well and go to a show.  That's it.  This isn't selling the new band at all.

Obviously I wasn't at the show, but the limited vocals they played were pretty spot on (though he sounded a little like Myles on some of the high notes).  I suspect they were touched up like Live Era...it would be interesting to see the whole show.

I get what you're saying, but I'm looking at it as "moving forward" in that these are the things we (or at least me) complain about. The "Hey look, EVERY OTHER BAND ON EARTH can release stuff.... why not you??" type of thing.

My deal is this- If you go look at the music blu-ray section somewhere you'll find a TON of music blu rays by awful artists. So I'm excited at the chance for GN'R to move into the category of "music releases readily available for purchase".

Well, that I'll agree with.  I'd rather they do it with the guys that wrote the material though.  They should be selling their stuff or at least the 2000 era stuff, not the stuff Izzy, Slash, and Duff helped write.  No need to release a cover band version. 

I know, I know...it says Guns N' Roses on the packaging...I get it.  roll

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

he really sounds that way if you see him live, i don`t think they touched it up a lot. it sounds too far away from perfect for that. it`s the first time we get a quality sound recording of the new band and i think it`s likely they switched some songs from the second london show in, as they did with the tokyo dvds.

i guess the trailer was made by either livebeats, or the german cinema company. i highly doubt axl would like to have the rnrhof induction associated with it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Looks cool, but inducted into the RIR hall of fame? What a joke to say that.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I guess this is why that live stream was canceled at the last minute.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Wait. You're not saying you think all the Chinese material will be cut out of the actual release, are you?

No, but it was certainly cut out of the promotion.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I guess this is why that live stream was canceled at the last minute.

Maybe.  I still think it was lack of interest...this is just a way to recoup the expenses.  From the little I can see of this at work, this is going to be a very targeted release...we probably won't see this in the US because nobody here cares.  Or at least not enough to justify putting it on a big screen somewhere.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I agree that it's not moving forward in any artistic way, but it's moving forward management wise. I prefer a better managed tribute band over a chaotic, unorganized tribute band.

Board footer