You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live in London (Airing on Vh1 Classic)

slcpunk wrote:

Band was awesome.

Video itself was fantastic.

Great to see Izzy.

Axl was the worst part. He had his moments, but for the most part sucked.

Sorry to be a downer. Very disappointing, although not surprising. I just watched it, then deleted the video.

Also, they should have done something like this 5-10 years ago, rather than strike when the iron was cold.

I did notice that face that Ron made too. No forum exaggeration there.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

"I did notice that face that Ron made too. No forum exaggeration there."
whats that mate

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

whats that mate

Before the encore Axl explained to the crowd how they had to cut the show short so the fans could get the last trains of the night, etc.  And Ron closed his eyes, and it sort of seemed like he was thinking to himself "well if we went on earlier we wouldn't have to cut things short".  At least that was my own interpretation.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Based on his comments over the years (I know Ali would disagree), I think that's a fair assessment.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Based on his comments over the years (I know Ali would disagree), I think that's a fair assessment.

I think it's possible, but we'll never know for sure what Ron was thinking about at that time.

Ali

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

whats that mate

Before the encore Axl explained to the crowd how they had to cut the show short so the fans could get the last trains of the night, etc.  And Ron closed his eyes, and it sort of seemed like he was thinking to himself "well if we went on earlier we wouldn't have to cut things short".  At least that was my own interpretation.

Ron should keep his opinions to himself. Nobody's forcing him to be there. Standing there making suggestive faces on official releases is just unprofessional.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The last 2 posts are just classic...

Ali

Ali wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

whats that mate

Ron should keep his opinions to himself. Nobody's forcing him to be there. Standing there making suggestive faces on official releases is just unprofessional.

The thing is we don't know what he was thinking at the time.  Only he does.  Maybe it was what faldor is proposing, maybe it was something else.  I doubt we'll ever know for sure what Ron was thinking at the time.

Ali

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It doesn't matter what he was actually thinking, doing eye rolls when your boss is saying some words at an official show is bad etiquette. How hard can it be to keep a happy face when you're doing a promotional event?

Given his record of statements it's pretty certain how people will interpret it.

Ali

Ali wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It doesn't matter what he was actually thinking, doing eye rolls when your boss is saying some words at an official show is bad etiquette. How hard can it be to keep a happy face when you're doing a promotional event?

Given his record of statements it's pretty certain how people will interpret it.

Agreed, I'm not surprised how it's being interpreted and think that's a legitimate possibility.

But, making comments are one thing, facial expressions are another.  Without really knowing what he was thinking at the time, I can't draw any meaning out of it.

Anyway, a minor detail in otherwise excellent quality video.  I've been listened to the audio a lot the last day or so.  Very cool stuff.

Ali

Board footer