You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live in London (Airing on Vh1 Classic)

faldor wrote:
Ali wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It doesn't matter what he was actually thinking, doing eye rolls when your boss is saying some words at an official show is bad etiquette. How hard can it be to keep a happy face when you're doing a promotional event?

Given his record of statements it's pretty certain how people will interpret it.

Agreed, I'm not surprised how it's being interpreted and think that's a legitimate possibility.

But, making comments are one thing, facial expressions are another.  Without really knowing what he was thinking at the time, I can't draw any meaning out of it.

Anyway, a minor detail in otherwise excellent quality video.  I've been listened to the audio a lot the last day or so.  Very cool stuff.

Ali

In fairness to Ron, I have NO IDEA what he was actually thinking at that time.  He could've been thinking about what he's going to have for dinner later on.  It was just a thought that crossed my mind.  And even if that was the face he was making, it's not like he called for the cameras to zoom in on him.  He could have been trying to keep his frustrations to himself, but the camera happened to catch something.  Again though, he could've been relieved the show was coming to a close.  Maybe his back was bothering him or something.  Anything is possible.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

"I did notice that face that Ron made too. No forum exaggeration there."
whats that mate

faldor wrote:

One note I had, and I'm probably reading too much into things.  But at the end of the show as they came out for the encore, Axl addressed the crowd and said they had to cut things short so everyone could get out safely and in time for the last train.  They panned to Ron and he closed his eyes, almost with a look of, "well if you took the stage earlier, we wouldn't have to cut the show short."  Again, I'm sure I'm just reading into things.  .

I'm saying, I don't believe he is reading into things or exaggerating.

johndivney wrote:

@ali - hfs
lol@pollux tho

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:
Ali wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It doesn't matter what he was actually thinking, doing eye rolls when your boss is saying some words at an official show is bad etiquette. How hard can it be to keep a happy face when you're doing a promotional event?

Given his record of statements it's pretty certain how people will interpret it.

Agreed, I'm not surprised how it's being interpreted and think that's a legitimate possibility.

But, making comments are one thing, facial expressions are another.  Without really knowing what he was thinking at the time, I can't draw any meaning out of it.

Anyway, a minor detail in otherwise excellent quality video.  I've been listened to the audio a lot the last day or so.  Very cool stuff.

Ali

In fairness to Ron, I have NO IDEA what he was actually thinking at that time.  He could've been thinking about what he's going to have for dinner later on.  It was just a thought that crossed my mind.  And even if that was the face he was making, it's not like he called for the cameras to zoom in on him.  He could have been trying to keep his frustrations to himself, but the camera happened to catch something.  Again though, he could've been relieved the show was coming to a close.  Maybe his back was bothering him or something.  Anything is possible.

Anything is possible, but it is a legitimate possibility.  I understand why that possibility came up for you.  Though, we'll really never know for sure.

Ali

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

"I did notice that face that Ron made too. No forum exaggeration there."
whats that mate

Before the encore Axl explained to the crowd how they had to cut the show short so the fans could get the last trains of the night, etc.  And Ron closed his eyes, and it sort of seemed like he was thinking to himself "well if we went on earlier we wouldn't have to cut things short".  At least that was my own interpretation.

Ron should keep his opinions to himself. Nobody's forcing him to be there. Standing there making suggestive faces on official releases is just unprofessional.

16 You've got to be kiddng me. You know what's unprofessional..... not editing Ron's reaction out of the video. FBut no lets leave it in cause we're the dumbest fucking organization on the planet. You think Ron is the unprofessional one? Your defense and blind fanatisim of Axl Rose has officially jumped the shark.  Seriously.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

This is so hilarious. It's beyond hypocritical that you sit there saying how it's bad form on Ron's part and he should be more respectful to his boss. Axl's been known to verbally blast his own bandmates on stage in the past, Axl's late starts are consistently bad etiquette and it's THE very reason this promotional event had to be cut short. s it so fucking hard o get on stage at a poper time for a promotional evnt? Tell me again who's showing bad etiquette . You sit there and say Ron should fall in line and respect the boss?  Nice fucking band. What a joke and the blind faith/love of Axl's fans has reached epic proportions with the last few comments.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'll probably get bashed for this....

But looked to me like Ron's just making guitar faces.....sure it cuts to it right after Axl says about the transport...but if you keep watching like 10 seconds after it cuts back to ron and he's got his eyes closed again with a similar expression and is busting out little sweet bluesy licks over jam they have going on.

I'm sure he probably doesn't like late starts or early finishes but I dunno looks to me just like he was getting off on the playing in this instance....

Also...for all Axl's faults you have to love his humour...."I'm like jesus only bad....bad jesus" lol.....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'll probably get bashed for this....

But looked to me like Ron's just making guitar faces.....sure it cuts to it right after Axl says about the transport...but if you keep watching like 10 seconds after it cuts back to ron and he's got his eyes closed again with a similar expression and is busting out little sweet bluesy licks over jam they have going on.

I'm sure he probably doesn't like late starts or early finishes but I dunno looks to me just like he was getting off on the playing in this instance....

Also...for all Axl's faults you have to love his humour...."I'm like jesus only bad....bad jesus" lol.....

It very well could be that.  Could just be total coincidence he was giving that face at that time.  It just struck me right away as a "not so happy face".

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Could be.

I've thought Ron looked unhappy since his injury though, I think the shows are hard for him physically.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

That did make me LOL for sure...

Board footer