You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live in London (Airing on Vh1 Classic)

Wow – definitely getting the Blu-ray, since I was at the show. Well, the one where they played 14 Years; I assume this is cobbled together from the three nights they played the O2.

And I had to leave early 'cause they STARTED SO FUCKING LATE. I'll actually get to see Paradise City this time.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I spouse they cant really say They are the most dangerous cover band in the world who have released 1 album in the last 20 years probably wouldnt get many people at the cinema

It's true.  Livebeats, or whoever made that trailer, could have used some stats and facts to promote what GNR has done the last 4 years or so.  It's not ALL that bad.  BUT, it's nothing compared to the career accomplishments of the brand.  So it makes the most sense business wise.  I doubt anyone from the band (management) was involved the writing or approving of the copy or what songs were used.  Remember, this is a group that allowed AFD T-shirts to be sent out to its fanclub members.  The quality control isn't grade A.

Unless of course you think they're doing these things on purpose.  That would be an entirely different thing.  I don't think that's the case though.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

To be fair, at least they showed the people currently in the band and not clips from the Tokoyo DVD. 

I thought Axl sounded a lot like Myles in the clips - hitting the notes for the most part, but not having "Axl power" on the notes and even sounding nasaly at times.  Axl isn't going to sound like 25 year old Axl...not the way he sings and not the way he takes huge chunks of time off from doing anything.  I know he takes a lot of blame for things, and rightfully so in many cases, but nobody that sings the way Axl does is going to sound great in his fifties in my opinion.  The things that we love about his voice are the same things that shorten his peak years.  Maybe if he took better care of himself it could be slightly better than it is now, but I still think he'd be nowhere near what he was and it would still be noticeable.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I spouse they cant really say They are the most dangerous cover band in the world who have released 1 album in the last 20 years probably wouldnt get many people at the cinema

It's true.  Livebeats, or whoever made that trailer, could have used some stats and facts to promote what GNR has done the last 4 years or so.  It's not ALL that bad.  BUT, it's nothing compared to the career accomplishments of the brand.  So it makes the most sense business wise.  I doubt anyone from the band (management) was involved the writing or approving of the copy or what songs were used.  Remember, this is a group that allowed AFD T-shirts to be sent out to its fanclub members.  The quality control isn't grade A.

Unless of course you think they're doing these things on purpose.  That would be an entirely different thing.  I don't think that's the case though.

Here's the thing that I think people have a problem with: They are not the most dangerous band in the world.  Even worse, Axl REFUSED to even be inducted to the HoF much less show up, but now he's going to claim the honor when it suits him?  That's not rock n roll, that's bullshit.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

To be fair, at least they showed the people currently in the band and not clips from the Tokoyo DVD. 

I thought Axl sounded a lot like Myles in the clips - hitting the notes for the most part, but not having "Axl power" on the notes and even sounding nasaly at times.  Axl isn't going to sound like 25 year old Axl...not the way he sings and not the way he takes huge chunks of time off from doing anything.  I know he takes a lot of blame for things, and rightfully so in many cases, but nobody that sings the way Axl does is going to sound great in his fifties in my opinion.  The things that we love about his voice are the same things that shorten his peak years.  Maybe if he took better care of himself it could be slightly better than it is now, but I still think he'd be nowhere near what he was and it would still be noticeable.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Robert Plants voice was shot by 1972....he was still in his early 20's. It's a tough way to sing.

I am pissed that they never put together a real professional dvd of the Illusion years with the best clips from various shows (overall the Tokyo dvd's suck)...add backstage stuff, etc. That should happen before this in my opinion...whatever. I hardly care anymore. I have my memories and that will have to do.

johndivney wrote:

well what is it about axl releasing stuff that slash'll profit from?

surely slash'll be due royalties from this to, no??

maybe axl's stance has changed? he's no longer gonna cut his nose off to spite his face...??

it is an interesting development & i'm glad we're maybe gonna get a pro-shot, hd quality official release from GnR. but i'll believe it when i see it/putting it into my ps3.

Sky Dog wrote:

it's just false advertising in a way....at least in the vegas shows there is mention of Chinese Democracy.

I am just kind of done with the new band unless they release new music. All the shows I saw were great and I am happy I went.

But, for this, outside of the Izzy songs he played on, I have no interest in this "release". hmm

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Robert Plants voice was shot by 1972....he was still in his early 20's. It's a tough way to sing.

It's interesting to look at how he approached the Led Zep reunion gig – in places, he completely reworks the vocal lines. I wonder if Axl's considered doing the same, rather than trying to ape his twentysomething self and coming up short.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Here's the thing that I think people have a problem with: They are not the most dangerous band in the world.  Even worse, Axl REFUSED to even be inducted to the HoF much less show up, but now he's going to claim the honor when it suits him?  That's not rock n roll, that's bullshit.

I agree, but the issue is with whoever created that trailer. Personally, I don't think it was Axl, Fernando, or anyone associated with the band.

However, as you stated in the Slash boxset thread, if it says GNR on the label, ultimately it falls on them.

Board footer