You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Boring afternoon theories

Intercourse wrote:

When I say mundane, it's just touring the same show,nothing wrong with that, just mundane.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Man oh man Sky Dog, I would sell my arse to read any of that stuff if it was real.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I honestly don't think Axl is built for today's shitty age of music.

GNR were never a "singles" band if u think about it.

so its prob hard for Axl to sit and try to write a hit.

Sky Dog wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Man oh man Sky Dog, I would sell my arse to read any of that stuff if it was real.

I believe all that shit was real....you can't make up that much stuff. If you take all the tidbits from various rumors and match them up, almost everything in those 101 documents makes some sort of sense. 10

It doesn't matter because it is all in the past now and tomorrow is a different day so I am looking forward to what happens this weekend.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:

Then maybe he shouldn't try so hard and tinker so long, just let it flow.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

evader wrote:

Nice topic, Otto.  Those rumors came from "youthinkso" at mygnr, right?  Taken with a grain of salt, but interesting.

I would be all for Bucket being reintroduced.  That would certainly make it easier for Axl to release the old stuff.  It would also mean GNR has a guitar virtuoso that loves GNR, who is amazingly proficient at writing, recording and releasing quality music.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if attempts to get Bucket back have led to delays - both of CD, and of subsequent releases.  As much as I like the guys in the band, I'd have no problem with Axl dumping the lot, and offering the world to Bucket for him to return.

I'd love to see Bucket back in the band, but given the goss about his and Tommy's relationship it'd probably take Tommy leaving for it to happen. And one of the other guitarists, of necessity. And Bucket would presumably want Brain back on board, which would mean Frank's out, which would probably mean Fortus would be out too, given that he was pretty tight with Finck and Frank. You'd basically have to rebuild the band from the ground up, again.

Something like Buckethead, Brain, Duff, DJ, Fortus, Dizzy and Pitman might be a possibility, albeit a massively unlikely one. I'd actually be really interested to hear what DJ's radio-friendly rock songwriting skills would sound like with Bucket's avant-garde contributions. And Duff would give the band some credibility in the eyes of the fans.

Never going to happen though.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Jungle, SCOM, PC, Nightrain, Patience, YCBM, DC, NR, CW, KOHD, LALD...

Yeah, terrible, terrible singles...:haha:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think he means singles, but huge hits. SCOM was really their only huge hit. The rest were successful, in charting terms, but not what you'd call massive hits.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't think he means singles, but huge hits. SCOM was really their only huge hit. The rest were successful, in charting terms, but not what you'd call massive hits.

November Rain was a HUGE hit, as was Patience, and You Could Be Mine was pretty huge when it came out too. That's what introduced me to the band, it was being played everywhere in Australia in 1991, and I still hear it on radio these days, as with most of the other songs I mentioned.

I wasn't listing obscure songs that only diehards know, GN'R have had more than their fair share of big hit singles.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

The only album GN'R haven't had big hit "singles" on, was CD. And that's not a dig, just the way it is.

I get what D is saying, that GNR were more of an album band, but to say that they had no massive hit singles other than SCOM is just ignorant, or uninformed.

November Rain was number 1 on the charts in Australia for ages, and even the Knockin live video single from Freddie Mercury gig was in the charts for ages.

And those are only a couple of examples.

Board footer