You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Dizzy Reed Interview for VEGAS.com

misterID wrote:
Aussie wrote:
misterID wrote:

The argument was that no current band member of GN'R has written for the band, which is untrue. You're wrong. And so was the OP who stated it. DJ said it, you're not accepting it for your own reason. But I still accept it as your opinion.  smile

Go back and have at look at the OP.  The OP posted an article then his second post quoted this

I think as a whole this particular lineup has never really written together. We have in smaller groups...

and wrote the words Ouch! after it.

Please show me where I stated all these other things that are apparently wrong?  Until this post those were the only 2 posts from the OP in this thread.

I have no idea what you're talking about Aussie. I was talking about the OP (original poster's), as in the statement from Olorin, when he said:

Olorin wrote:

They dont write cause are not being paid to write, they get paid for the tours. These guys are on a wage, when Axl decides he wants them to all get in a studio together, then they will recieve their additional $$$ for their time and labour, till then the band members of GNR wont write and record for GNR.

Which was wrong. Sorry for the confusion.

Buzz, whatever point you're trying to make is lost in the fact that DJ's writing for GN'R. End of story. As was Slash. Even if Axl doesn't like it, the music was being written for GN'R.

And yes, when it's been stated by more than one person inside the band that DJ is writing music for GN'R, yes, it's an undeniable fact. smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

And yes, when it's been stated by more than one person inside the band that DJ is writing music for GN'R, yes, it's an undeniable fact. smile

Agreed, if anybody had actually said that.  So far, NOBODY has said that.

Sky Dog wrote:

Don't you guys have some form of work to do? big_smile

Sky Dog wrote:

and for the record, I don't want to hear anything DJ writes for Gnr or anyone else....Snakepit for the 21st century!

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

This is your exact quote (in other words what YOU said):

No, Tommy said DJ had written some stuff Axl really liked and wanted to pursue, and that he (Tommy) wanted to get back to some of the music that wasn't as fleshed out from the vault and work on that. I'm pretty sure he gave a number of songs, but I can't rememeber what that was.

Where in there does it say DJ wrote music for GnR?  Where does it say anybody is writing stuff for GnR?  The two statements are DJ wrote stuff Axl liked, and Tommy wants to get back to music in the vault.  Nowhere does it state DJ wrote anything for GnR.  Nowhere.  Now YOU may want that to mean DJ wrote stuff for GnR, but what it actually means is DJ wrote stuff that Axl liked.  That's it.  So despite all your claims to the contrary, you are wrong, and you are proven wrong by your own words.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Don't you guys have some form of work to do? big_smile

No.  The east coast offices are all closed.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

No, Tommy said DJ had written some stuff Axl really liked and wanted to pursue, and that he (Tommy) wanted to get back to some of the music that wasn't as fleshed out from the vault and work on that. I'm pretty sure he gave a number of songs, but I can't rememeber what that was.

Where in there does it say DJ wrote music for GnR?  Where does it say anybody is writing stuff for GnR?  The two statements are DJ wrote stuff Axl liked, and Tommy wants to get back to music in the vault.  Nowhere does it state DJ wrote anything for GnR.  Nowhere.  Now YOU may want that to mean DJ wrote stuff for GnR, but what it actually means is DJ wrote stuff that Axl liked.  That's it.  So despite all your claims to the contrary, you are wrong, and you are proven wrong by your own words.

Tommy said that when asked if they were writing for the next GN'R album. 16

So, yeah, DJ wrote for GN'R. Axl liked it. There you go.

Hang on to it, Buzz. Hang on to it like it was a raft on the Titanic. But Jim Harbaugh says of your post:

"I think it was just a lot of gobble-gobble turkey from jive-turkey gobblers."

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Tommy said that when asked if they were writing for the next GN'R album. 16

So, yeah, DJ wrote for GN'R. Axl liked it. There you go.

Hang on to it, Buzz. Hang on to it like it was a raft on the Titanic. But Jim Harbaugh says of your post:

"I think it was just a lot of gobble-gobble turkey from jive-turkey gobblers."

I don't have to hang on.  I'm safely floating on top watching you drown.  Next GnR album...ha ha ha.  Now THAT was funny.  As stated earlier in the thread, there is not, nor will there be, a next GnR album. 

You continue to live in your dream world where somebody (anybody) is writing for GnR and I'll continue to live in the real world where there will be no DJ penned GnR music.  Because at the end of the day, you have an opinion and I have the fact that DJ hasn't even appeared on a GnR released song much less written one.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

For the record...I wrote some stuff for GnR too.  I'm still waiting for Axl to get back to me on recording it.  So DJ and I are on completely equal footing, though from what I've heard, I'm the better songwriter.

If I can get BBF to say that, does that mean I'm in?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Man...you're starting to make me hate the guy.  I had to look up his writing credits.  Not too impressive.  One moderate hit.  That's it.  While that may be one more moderate hit than Finck has written, it's hardly the guy Axl Rose is going to turn to in an effort to save his sinking ship.  Unless he's not trying to save it from sinking that is.  He's basically a decent producer and a fairly good 80s rocker guitarist.

I don't even know why you'd be wishing for him to write with Axl.

Board footer