You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Axl Rose - USA Today interviews

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sky Dog, Axl said last year that Izzy is too unreliable, and says in the fans eyes Slash and Duff would be enough to call it a reunion. Or am I making this all up?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Sky Dog, Axl said last year that Izzy is too unreliable, and says in the fans eyes Slash and Duff would be enough to call it a reunion. Or am I making this all up?

I think so many things have been said so many different ways that it's hard to keep track of what was said, what was paraphrased, and what was misinterpreted.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I remember him saying something like that too...

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

After that, I got a barrage of guitar songs that I was supposed to put words to

Doesn't that completely go against Axl saying that Slash's songs were brought in complete, including lyrics, and that Axl wasn't allowed to change anything... 10

Sky Dog wrote:

he's all over the board....they all are. I still think in the end, none of them would do it without Izzy...especially Axl. izzy

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Doesn't that completely go against Axl saying that Slash's songs were brought in complete, including lyrics, and that Axl wasn't allowed to change anything... 10

I think it's the most common factoid across the boards. I did correct it multiple times, but some people (mostly the pro-Axl anti-Slash tribe) refrained it again and again.

Here is the truth. Axl said that Slash told him "just shut up and sing", in which he was referring to Slash not being open for any changes in the music. But Slash hardly ever wrote any lyrics before, so it's nonsense that he wrote a full album alone. When he and Axl disagreed, he took the songs and got Eric Dover to write lyrics together. Since at least half of the album is about Axl, I just cannot imagine Slash handling the anti-Axl songs to Axl and ordering him to sing it. Just can't. But people are dumb and hateful and they liked to play the "poor Axl, dictator Slash" card as often as they could, and this was their only "fact" to build their arguments on.

Wonder how many other quotes got spinned and exaggerated over the years.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
-D- wrote:

I thought beta was answering baz saying when he talks to axl duff gets mad and when baz talks to axl, duff gets mad.

You're exactly right. Amazingly enough, that's the same answer I gave about two pages ago.

Instead of reading that tho, the thread continued on with irrelevant personal insults. Coincidentally, this will serve as a final notice on that.

Makes me think there could be parts of interview not used.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I think he was referring to UYI process and not to post-UYI aka The Breakup Sessions.

Sky Dog wrote:

Mikka, they are all full of shit. I don't know why it bothers you so much ..still....at this point. I am so over analyzing what they say or supposedly said. I honestly don't care and can't understand why others do after all these years.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I think he was referring to UYI process and not to post-UYI aka The Breakup Sessions.

I dunno, sounded like a post-UYI reference to me, as there's plenty of lyrics, melody and Axl input on UYI.

Board footer