You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Axl Rose - USA Today interviews

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He wants to reunite. "Ball in their court".

You do realize you do this every time something like this happens, right SG? And then Axl ends up calling one of them a cancer. 16

And he was talking about a truce, not a reunion, but it would go a long way to whatever might happen. And he basically said the same thing during his R&RHOF letter.

It's probably the best interview he's gven so far.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

I really liked this interview!

Like I've said before, since the new management took over, things have really moved in the right direction as far as promoting the brand and especially the new line-up. I like that a lot!

All I crave for now is a comment on specific plans for a new release. The way GNR has promoted themselvs during the last year or so, should convince UNI that the band and management WILL play ball during the release of a new album (or a re-release)

This comment kinda puts the argument between Buzz and ID in that other thread to rest: "All the guys are writing..."

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Okay, he now sounds open to a reunion

"I don't feel that way about this Guns lineup. I'm not trying to use them. I have to treat it like a business, but I don't want to make decisions that are detrimental to anyone's welfare."

No he doesn't. This band are his friends. The old band aren't, not anymore. Why would he dump his friends to be tied to a bunch of people he doesn't like, and who don't like him?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Okay, he now sounds open to a reunion

"I don't feel that way about this Guns lineup. I'm not trying to use them. I have to treat it like a business, but I don't want to make decisions that are detrimental to anyone's welfare."

No he doesn't. This band are his friends. The old band aren't, not anymore. Why would he dump his friends to be tied to a bunch of people he doesn't like, and who don't like him?

I'm not so convinced about this "friendship". Axl hardly ever meets them, he doesn't rehearse, he only pops up at the shows, and the guys need to call Beta if they wanna figure out what the future holds. He texts them when he feels like, and answer their calls, when he feels like. Nobody's trying and nobody's able to do anything without him in Guns, so "he has their back". These guys are employees and they know where their place is. It's only about control - as long as Axl has it, he's happy, and he has full control of the band.

Sky Dog wrote:

not even close to releasing any music....Cue Buzz and ID, semantics battle part 2.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I beleive the writer block thing....this kind of reaffirms the rumor that axl didnt write or sing for A very long period of time , due to depression or low self esteem or whatever

Sky Dog wrote:

probably tied more to depression...I am quite sure nobody was calling him a loser after dominating the music world from 88-93.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Pisses me off he blames OTHERS again for his issues. And we know for a fact Slash led the recording sessions for UYI and Duff and Sorum were there for almost all of it. Slash rented the space and everything. The band went to places like Mobile Alabama and Chicago to build Chemistry and make and album TOGETHER. Talk about revisionist history. Good read though. Very cool. He doesn't seem as angry anymore. And even seemed to miss how tight Slash, Izzy, Axl was surprising for him to note how special that time was.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer