You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Axl Rose - USA Today interviews

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Ok.  If you want to believe that, feel free.

Oh thank you!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Maybe but as was pointed out, Slash, Duff and Matt wrote alot of stuff thinking it was for GNR and found out that it wasn't.

DJ & the guys are currently in the same boat and only when its on CDII and in Tower, will we know whether they actually were writing for GNR.

This makes no sense. 16

Whether or not a song makes an album, Slash was writing music for GN'R and it doesn't matter whether it was used or not. When you write a song from conception for the sole purpose for using it in the band you're in, you're writing for said band.

Judging if someone is writing music for a band, only if the music is used on an album, is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

If Slash was indeed writing for that band, wouldn't that band control the rights for that music?  I would think so.  If he's just writing music that might be considered by the band, then he's not writing music for the band.

Your whole obsession with the whole situation and not being willing to admit you're wrong is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

So when Josh Freese was writing stuff for GNR in the 90's and Axl gave the green light for him to bring it with him to A Perfect Circle giving Axl a mention in the credits, he was actually writing for A Perfect Circle?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If Slash was indeed writing for that band, wouldn't that band control the rights for that music?  I would think so.  If he's just writing music that might be considered by the band, then he's not writing music for the band.

Your whole obsession with the whole situation and not being willing to admit you're wrong is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Not if it weren't published, he can do what he wants about his songs written for GN'R and do what he wanted with them. It doesn't change the fact he was writing music for GN'R.

You calling someone obsessive over not being wrong. You're funny smile

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

beta posted this on htgth, nice to have this cleared up...

He did not shit on Duff, he answered the reason why he stopped writing for a long time. He does not have a problem with Duff at all. He was asked a question and he answered.

I can assure you that Axl never got mad at Baz for talking to Duff and I don't see Duff getting mad at Baz for talking to Axl. There is no friction between them. Each one is doing their thing. I am sure Baz was joking.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This makes no sense. 16

Whether or not a song makes an album, Slash was writing music for GN'R and it doesn't matter whether it was used or not. When you write a song from conception for the sole purpose for using it in the band you're in, you're writing for said band.

Judging if someone is writing music for a band, only if the music is used on an album, is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

So when Josh Freese was writing stuff for GNR in the 90's and Axl gave the green light for him to bring it with him to A Perfect Circle giving Axl a mention in the credits, he was actually writing for A Perfect Circle?

Apparently, though you'd have to ask Ali.  (S)he's the legal expert.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Not if it weren't published, he can do what he wants about his songs written for GN'R and do what he wanted with them. It doesn't change the fact he was writing music for GN'R.

I don't have to worry about it.  I'm never wrong...things change.  wink

If it wasn't published, it wasn't written for GnR...it was written.  End of story.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If it wasn't published, it wasn't written for GnR...it was written.  End of story.

I could let this slide as Buzz being Buzz, and it's just your personality or perhaps "character" to be stubborn, arrogant and flat out dishonest when it comes to you being wrong. All and all, I usually take it as being half hearted and playful on your part. But the Ali he/she thing is bullshit, man.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would argue GNR was Slash's life and pretty much everything he wrote then was "for" GNR in his mind.  When Axl wasn't "wild" about it, he said fuck it and used it for his own.  Just like when Zakk wrote shit for GNR, wasn't used, so it appears on "Sonic Brew"...  The first VR songs with Izzy on it was basically the next "GNR" album for Slash and co, except without Axl on Vocals.  We never heard those songs..  But again, Slash wanted to make a "guns" type album.  Its all semantics... 

What is the stuff with Baz Beta is talking about?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I could let this slide as Buzz being Buzz, and it's just your personality or perhaps "character" to be stubborn, arrogant and flat out dishonest when it comes to you being wrong. All and all, I usually take it as being half hearted and playful on your part. But the Ali he/she thing is bullshit, man.

I'm pretty confident Ali is a girl.  I'm not the only one.

Board footer