You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Zakk Wylde jammed with Slash

Intercourse wrote:

I agree its utterly stupid wasting time writing about these things but hey, why not?
At least nobody is tearing anyone else a new one of something that happened between Axl and Slash 20 years ago!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I agree its utterly stupid wasting time writing about these things but hey, why not?
At least nobody is tearing anyone else a new one of something that happened between Axl and Slash 20 years ago!

I think Axl took Slash's hair to kill his curly-haired rock star image. But he didn't get close to the top-hats, so Slash survived.

Done.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Also; anyone else drawing a comparison between what Kid Rock had to say and this Zakk thing? As in, Axl will want to have nothing to do with him now that he'd jammed with Slash?

Yep, according to Kid Rock, it happened to him after he collaborated with Slash on "Slash".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … fo#t=1239s

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I have to admit I'm curious how long a thread can go on Slash's hair...

That's why we have more posts in the GN'R section, cause people prefer talking about the tabloid aspect, like weight gain, hair loss, disastrous performances, being 3-hour late, riots, rants, secrets and conspiracy theories. Axl brings you all.
Music and a functioning, alive band is less interesting, even on a GN'R fan board. hmm

While true, if that functioning band actually made some decent music more people would probably be interested. 15

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think Axl took Slash's hair to kill his curly-haired rock star image. But he didn't get close to the top-hats, so Slash survived.

Done.

This made me think of something, remember the celebrity deathmatch that mtv made? In that Slash' hair was the source of all his powers. 14

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I have to admit I'm curious how long a thread can go on Slash's hair...

That's why we have more posts in the GN'R section, cause people prefer talking about the tabloid aspect, like weight gain, hair loss, disastrous performances, being 3-hour late, riots, rants, secrets and conspiracy theories. Axl brings you all.
Music and a functioning, alive band is less interesting, even on a GN'R fan board. hmm

While true, if that functioning band actually made some decent music more people would probably be interested. 15

They've just made the best GN'R(-related) album in 17 years. wink

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

They've just made the best Snakepit(-related) album in 17 years. wink

It's alright, but I'd much rather have Slash do an instrumental album. Something like that could potentially rival CD as the best post GN'R work. It's not that Slash isn't talented, it's that he keeps associating with all these musicians way below his level. It brings him down, not them up. Since he can't seem to find any decent singers he should just flip out the guitar and make a real Slash solo album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think Slash's style is suited to instrumental only.

They can be ok when he does, like watch this!, but generally he comes from an aerosmith-esque 2 guitars intertwine in a rock song context that really needs a powerful front man to match the emotion Slash puts into the strings.

It's odd to me that people don't appreciate Slash's recent works, it's some of his best IMO.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

They can be ok when he does, like watch this!, but generally he comes from an aerosmith-esque 2 guitars intertwine in a rock song context that really needs a powerful front man to match the emotion Slash puts into the strings.

It's odd to me that people don't appreciate Slash's recent works, it's some of his best IMO.

For me it's all about the singers, I just can't block them out.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

For me it's all about the singers, I just can't block them out.

Don't get me wrong and it's not an insult, but if you dislike all Dover, Jackson, Weiland, Kennedy and the majority of guests on his first solo album, then you are the origin of the problem and not Slash's mates. They are very different singers and I'm not a fan of them all, for sure. Maybe you wanna hear Axl. That's okay, cause they were a once in a generation duo and I feel the hiatus on both sides' last works. Even I'd prefer Axl singin' for Slash (and Slash palying guitar for Axl), but I, as a bedroom guitarist, really enjoy the hell out of Slash's last two albums (and the first Snakepit). For me GN'R were a guitar band with an amazing singers, and I still get most of those loved guitars from Slash.

On the other hand I really appreciate that you don't think that Slash hasn't done anything good since GN'R. Cause he's still bringing out all those riffs and solos, just the partners changed. Slash only got better. 21

Board footer