You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 11-21-2012 The Joint, Las Vegas (Being filmed in 3D)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Animations in the trailer seem cheesy

"If you only see one concert film in you lifetime, this is the one to see!"
14 Give me a break!

I've always had high hopes for this current band, even through everything they've gone through in the past decade. But i'm nearing my breaking point, and if this is what we're subject to getting with this band, it's going to get real old real fast. We're nearing the 5 year mark on Chinese Democracy with zero tangible evidence of an upcoming album. Now all the jokes Gn'R members have made about the new album not taking as long as CD aren't sounding so funny.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I thought some of the voice over was an oversell as well - I bet it's a great video - but the one concert in a lifetime claim is pretty huge - I wondered if maybe they were going with some kind of groundhouse over sell though with the way it starts like a movie trailer with the footage of the desert and so on.

Didn't help that the voice over guy generally didn't sound convincing somehow...something about his tone sounded less professional than the dudes they usually use for this.

And of course for old school fans there's always the embarrassment of "legendary rock icons"...when we all know those legends were written about different guys.

I love the new band...just saying...the old name issue rears it's ugly head when they refer to stuff from the past to sell stuff from the new like that.

Those things said...looks like a great concert video, I will def buy it and I bet I'll enjoy the shit out of it.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

I think the trailer looks great and I'm pretty excited about this release.
Also, I recently bought myself an FULL HD with 3D projector and a 100" screen!

So I'm ready!  smile

Hopefully this is the one that will finally be a new official release from GNR.
At least it seems promising when the end of it says "ROCK FUEL MEDIA and BLACK FROG MUSIC and INTERSCOPE RECORDS presents...."
Black Frog is Axl's label/publishing/whatever-company, right?

I completely understand that these sort of trailers/ads have a focus on the hits. But considering it's called Appetite for DEMOCRACY, they could at least have thrown in one CD-song....

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's great that they were finally up to release something. Will check the whole show, for sure.

Although ...legendary rock icons? 2   Except Axl, they left decades ago and even Axl sounds and moves like an impersonator in this 3 minutes. I also don't think that it could be seen or even marketed as the most important/best live experience ever.
Also, why no song clip from the past 20 years? And why Fortus is the face of the rest of the band?

Anyway, something new to listen.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Did you guys noticed the old logo in the beginning?

The first time it's used since Greatest Hits and the first time it's used with the "new band" (01-07 had the star logo, 08-13 the chinese lettering).

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

And also, the first party narration, until the "Until now" part sounds a lot like Axl himself.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
otto wrote:

Did you guys noticed the old logo in the beginning?

The first time it's used since Greatest Hits and the first time it's used with the "new band" (01-07 had the star logo, 08-13 the chinese lettering).

Good point! 5

I don't know why they need to sell it like something it isn't. It's a fraud.

Prepared for shit storm. 20

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Looks and sounds good. Voice over was awful, the scripting and voice were both horrendous. As long as he doesn't narrate on the actual show it should be ok. " NOW for the most INCREDIBLE moving the piano jam you will EVER see......"

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Dont know if this has been put up

Board footer