You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: 11-21-2012 The Joint, Las Vegas (Being filmed in 3D)

Aussie wrote:

The whole thing is so petty and a waste of energy. But if Axl stuffed Slash's releases around (from memory he couldn't release the Stoke DVD in the US?), it's no surprise if Slash gave it back to them when he has the whip hand.

It sounds like a lame TB thing tho, I can just imagine them behind the scenes scheming thinking they are really clever "if Slash doesn't agree to our terms we will just tell the fans and the world that he is blocking the release, then the world will finally see him for the wanker he really is".

I think they forget that you reap what you sow.

However this and all the past shit happened the fact remains that once again the fans are the ones that get bent over. Two grown men in their 50's carrying on like spoiled children, they sure need to get some fucken perspective on life. While Slash appears to be largely willing to leave the past in the past and move on (although I'm sure he's not faultless in all this shit) Axl sure doesn't want, so shit like this will continue.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is where a good manager would be smart enough to smooth things over just for business (release your DVD, if we can release ours)which could be beneficial for both.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Ax and Slash have gotten worse since '99. Back then, they were able to work through the release of Live Era - granted, through middlemen. It is sad that both of them need to carry this thing around, as it would be beneficial for everyone to just let go of the vitriol and have an ongoing business relationship based on their mutual time in Guns. I agree with Aussie, they really, really, need to grow up.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl shut down Slash and any attorney would tell Slash to do the same. If Axl played nice Slash would as well. Seems to be an Axl problem.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

I argue it takes two to tango. If you read his autobiography, Slash admits he was a chronic alcoholic during his last years in Guns. If you want to read an apocryphal account of how he felt immediately after leaving Guns, try this one. The Devil is in the details, and this one gets them down curiously well.

Slash explained, "Oh, well, it just seemed like it as about him. Shit I wrote a whole fucking album about Axl Rose, and he never even knew it."

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

I argue it takes two to tango. If you read his autobiography, Slash admits he was a chronic alcoholic during his last years in Guns. If you want to read an apocryphal account of how he felt immediately after leaving Guns, try this one. The Devil is in the details, and this one gets them down curiously well.

Slash explained, "Oh, well, it just seemed like it as about him. Shit I wrote a whole fucking album about Axl Rose, and he never even knew it."

Thanks, never read that before.

I guess that's an example of the side of Slash Axl is always talking about, the side you never see in interviews or his autobiography. That's pretty messed up, suggesting to some half strangers your former band mates beats kids. And to think they would ever write a song about Axl Rose like that at all, like wtf do they know about it. Then that whole antagonizing part of "are you a fan of Axl?". Axl may have some women issues, but Slash definitely seems to have some Axl issues himself. That whole story about him going up to Axl's house to declare "he won the war" suddenly starts to look a lot more plausible.

The difference between the two is that Axl was always upfront about how he felt about him in interviews, Slash always plays it a lot more coy. And that's why they don't get along. Slash is kind of a phony.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Thanks, never read that before.

I guess that's an example of the side of Slash Axl is always talking about, the side you never see in interviews or his autobiography. That's pretty messed up, suggesting to some half strangers your former band mates beats kids. And to think they would ever write a song about Axl Rose like that at all, like wtf do they know about it. Then that whole antagonizing part of "are you a fan of Axl?". Axl may have some women issues, but Slash definitely seems to have some Axl issues himself. That whole story about him going up to Axl's house to declare "he won the war" suddenly starts to look a lot more plausible.

The difference between the two is that Axl was always upfront about how he felt about him in interviews, Slash always plays it a lot more coy. And that's why they don't get along. Slash is kind of a phony.

Nothing's more phony than blackmailing the others to get the band name then leave the band and start another with the same name.

BTW Axl has never been "upfront" in his interviews (except his crazy name callings), he's always trying to say a lot without saying anything. Cause reality is his biggest enemy. Truth is the truth hurts.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think people taking "sides" in this is even more silly. Slash is a flake and possibly a habitual liar and Axl is irrational and petty.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

BTW Axl has never been "upfront" in his interviews (except his crazy name callings), he's always trying to say a lot without saying anything. Cause reality is his biggest enemy. Truth is the truth hurts.

Truth hurts both ways. Axl has always been upfront about his anger towards Slash. True that, he's never gone down to cases about what exactly eats him about it. Slash has flipped and flopped about his part of in it all. Immediately after his visit to Axl's house, he denied the incident ever happened, only to backpedal and say he did make the trip but didn't speak to Axl directly. In his autobiography, he said he never had any intention to go back to Guns, and never insinuated such, publicly or otherwise. Yet, interviews even around '99 have Slash saying he'd go back if they could come to terms about things. There's a doubledeailng element there and Slash is media-savvy in ways Ax is not. That's why Slash is generally viewed as 'the good guy' of the breakup; he plays the game, performs and releases stuff. He talks. Ax owns the band name, spends years in seclusion and labours on an album. Calling one a saint at the expense of the other is misguided. Both should step up to the plate and cherish the legacy they built together.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Reading the Insane Clown Posse thing a few posts back didn't make Slash look bad at all really. So he talked shit about Axl. Okay... But they were so blown away at the amount of time Slash spent with them how he was plugging them etc. in that aspect Slash came off cool as fuck. He was just real hurt back then, just like a bad divorce.  Wife talks bad of hubby vice versa, doesn't make them terrible people.

Board footer