You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: 11-21-2012 The Joint, Las Vegas (Being filmed in 3D)

Aussie wrote:

I wonder if it's only going to be DVD or if there will be blu ray as well.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I wonder if it's only going to be DVD or if there will be blu ray as well.

If it's DVD-only, I'll loose my fuckin' mind.

Huh?! Is it possible to release a 3D "movie" on DVD? Doesn't it HAVE to be on bluray? If no bluray-release, then where will they release the 3D-version? They must have burnt some bridges with the cinemas after the clusterfuck with the O2-show.

When they've already spent a good chunk of cash on a 3D production, why would they settle for a DVD-release. Especially in this day n' age....

Thanx for the info, ottosporteman!  22

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Yeah I saw that too, Bumble says that both London and Vegas releases are in the hands of the 'managers' and that the writing & recording that was planned in Vegas never happened because 'life got in the way'...

Such a damn shame.... 17

Lazy fuckers. All that time out there?

If writing and recording was top of the priority list they'd have made it happen.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Yeah I saw that too, Bumble says that both London and Vegas releases are in the hands of the 'managers' and that the writing & recording that was planned in Vegas never happened because 'life got in the way'...

Such a damn shame.... 17

Lazy fuckers. All that time out there?

If writing and recording was top of the priority list they'd have made it happen.

They surely have one or two albums from the CD-session ready to go when the label or GNR are ready to play ball. And a lot of that material prolly has some Frank, Bumble and DJ parts added, enough for GNR to label it as an album by the current lineup.
So from Axl/GNR's point of view, there is no rush in starting fresh with writing and recording.

johndivney wrote:

Naltav, that's what we're saying: where does your faith in that idea come from?

"surely" it looks more like they've next to nothing 'ready to go'??

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Naltav, that's what we're saying: where does your faith in that idea come from?

"surely" it looks more like they've next to nothing 'ready to go'??

Well call me crazy. But I actually believe statements from various bandmembers in the past. They've all refrenced "a lot of material from the CD-sessions".

Axl said in 2006 that two records were done and a third one was almost done.

Wether the label are willing to release this material or not is another question.

The relationship with the label could be in a number of states. We have no way of knowing. But my guess is either a very "frozen" state due to the fact that they would like to see a release by a reunited GNR. Or a rather positive state due to the fact that the last three years of touring shows that the band are willing to promote their "product".
Or they could simply be very "eh, do whatever the fuck you want. We're not making shit from your constant touring and ANY new album will never come near the kind of dough we're making from AFD/UYI."

Regardless of the relationship with the label, my bet is that whatever material that will be the next GNR album, have been more or less done for many years already.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I don't remember the "third album" being mentioned in 2006. I remember Axl saying something like they were working on 30 or songs, and 26 were nearly done...

I suppose that could be seen as "three albums" though

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I don't remember the "third album" being mentioned in 2006. I remember Axl saying something like they were working on 30 or songs, and 26 were nearly done...

I suppose that could be seen as "three albums" though

He said on Eddie Trunk's show in '06 that "there are two records where the majority of the music is done and the majority of the vocals are done. And there's another half of a record that's being worked on. We were actually working on a song a little bit tonight that is not even on the first two records."

Here's the clip. Jump to 1:28:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6iTjYmYmgE

Board footer