You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Nurse commits suicide after royal prank call

Aussie wrote:

Yeah my guess is the hospital weren't as supportive as they suggest they were. I remember when her death was first announced the hospital was quickly on the front foot saying how supportive they had been etc. it made me suspicious.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Even if the hospital gave her a complete roasting it's still irrelevant imo. Firstly I'm guessing she fucked up in the first place by putting the call through to the ward (bearing in mind she didn't divulge any information just put the call through, it was another nurse who revealed details) she should have screened the caller better. Given the circumstances the hospital would have been within their rights to disipline both nurses. Either way a wife and mother of two hanging yourself as a result of cocking up at work disgusts me along with the witch hunt of the two DJ's.

Lomax wrote:

The headline should read "Disturbed woman takes own life. Happens to be vaguely connected to high profile prank call."

A healthy person doesn't kill themselves on purpose.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Royals are famous in Australia because - at least on paper - they're still our head of state with constitutional authority.

Of course in practice that's all delegated to the local governor-general so it's all a bit theoretical.

But they hold interest to a number of people, both because there's a reasonable sized english heritage and also in the "lifestyles of the rich and famous" sort of way and I guess cos technically we're still a constitutional monarchy.

I'd say the mood is probably similar to how people in the States feel about the First Lady.

The actual power is more theoretical and/or just about who else they'd influence...but there's also a sort of an interest in them as figureheads.

AtariLegend wrote:

Our Royal Family, is still Royal Family of:

United Kingdom
Canada
Australia
New Zealand
Solomon Islands
Antigua and Barbuda
The Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Grenada
Jamaica
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Tuvalu

They still technically have power, but Governments power overrides it. Meaning Royal's are basically just for show.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

They need to do some work on Belize, but The Bahamas and Antigua are fairly nice.  Haven't been to the rest of them...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Obviously in the UK it's our Royal Family so the constant coverage is kind of expected but I know it would hack me off if they weren't our royal family. That's another point though if there wasn't such obsessive media coverage of the royals then things like the prank phone call wouldn't happen. If such a circus didn't follow the royal family around this probably wouldn't have happened.

Supposedly they weren't even going to break the news of the pregnancy until around christmas but someone had found out and was going to leak it on twitter, so they had to come out and announce she was pregnant and in hospital.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Meh, Darwinism

Board footer