You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Elementary School Shooting in US

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Buzz has never said anything about not having gun laws. Pass them. We both just know it will have no effect. We've had them. Again, the answer is a lot more complex than the broad, non-specific "it needs to start somehwere" and my favorite "Your culture is fucked up" coming from people who literally have no understanding of it and continue to throw generalities out there, because A) they have no real answer on how to deal with "our " problem and B) no understanding of that problem.

This isn't doom and gloom, I gave several solutions, you guys refused to hear it because it didn't include banning guns, which is an impossibility.

And I want to point out this is ID defending ME, not just anybody.  He was probably cringing as he typed this message.

I don't have a problem with gun laws other than they won't work.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's Japan monkey.  Jesus Christ, are you guys really that dense?  This is the United States.  What works other places doesn't work here.  How many times do we have to repeat the same fucking thing over and over until you get it?  Have you not noticed there aren't a bunch of US people agreeing with you?  I'm not sure there have been any.  That should tell you something.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's an example of guns laws limiting gun violence in a westernised democracy, hell, it's a country whose constitution was written by the USA based on your own god damn system of government MINUS the gun rights.

You want to talk about dense but the only nation that has this problem is the only nation who maintains a right to arms. Yet you have the audacity to slag off guns laws as not working - when the experience of EVERY WESTERN NATION is that they do.

American pride aside your country is not that much of a special case. You are just like the English, Australians, Canadians and a bunch of other nations...except RIGHT NOW you have a culture of gun tolerance..but that's something that could be turned around if you'd only get your head out of the sand.

Keep calling the rest of the world stupid, and that we don't understand your special circumstances, but it's going to come down to evolution I guess, if as a society you can't solve this then you can just keep shooting each other and culling your children's potential while europe and the rest of the world with any common sense move on without your ignorant asses.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If you did remove every gun, there would be less murders, but the bad guys would still get them...  It's math. Neither of the past two events would have been stopped with any of the ideas out there. We do have a culture problem in the US. We have raised a generation of moody pussies that are hooked on aderol and anti depressants. A society that is into World of Warcraft, Doom, etc that has become numb to death. Now we got a bunch of crazy fucks that want to out do each other with every killing. These will continue to happen. They will happen because its very easy to happen. I can go kill a lot f people right now with my Benneli shotgun and my 22 rifle. Wouldn't be hard. It's too easy. Maybe we need more church or some shit.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I do agree, if EVERY person in the US had a gun, there would be less gun homicides. If you had zero guns there would even be less. Since we can't have zero, maybe it's better in theory to arm everyone.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Buzz has never said anything about not having gun laws. Pass them. We both just know it will have no effect. We've had them. Again, the answer is a lot more complex than the broad, non-specific "it needs to start somehwere" and my favorite "Your culture is fucked up" coming from people who literally have no understanding of it and continue to throw generalities out there, because A) they have no real answer on how to deal with "our " problem and B) no understanding of that problem.

This isn't doom and gloom, I gave several solutions, you guys refused to hear it because it didn't include banning guns, which is an impossibility.

Holy fuck. Then start nowhere. Great solution.  What a dumb fucking attitude. Both your guys's arrogance is coming through in spades. the fact you think  that me, a Canadian , who has lived on your doorstep for 34 years has zero comprehension of your culture speaks volumes to your level of arrogance and ignorance. 

America: land of the free(yeah right) and home of the brave(only if you have a gun)

buzzsaw wrote:

14 That's because in your mind you think short term. You don't look at a  long term solution. Gun laws work in other countries but god forbid the Americans try something. Too smart and too proud to follow the lead of other countries. Always gotta be the trail blazers. Guns laws, and restrictions would work given time. To suggest they couldn't spits in the face of every other country that has shown they do work. Brings me back to the whole point about starting somewhere (oh but that's too general for ID to comprehend) and wanting to make the change in culture. Sadly I think Axlin is  right. Your country simply doesn't want to make a change. You're too busy thumping your chest and being "right"

johndivney wrote:

let mejust preface what i'm about to say w/this: i actually enjoy guns & if i were american or lived in america i'd probably have amassed a small arsenal by now.

BUT the logic espoused by some of the americans regarding the issue of gun control is fatally flawed.
guns are objects of destruction, they are not designed to protect.
you protect people by fostering a society based on trust & well-being. you don't protect people by making guns readily available. it's a preposterous notion.
& of course people like buzz have their statistics (my current fave is the one about states which have more lax gun laws having lower numbers of killings/massacres). statistics cannot be trusted, statistics can prove anything. 49% or something of all people know that(!). or this idea about "bad guys", which is frightening in itself, it's so reductive & childlike.

i don't mean to be frivolous of course.
there is a sickness in american society regarding this issue. yea guns are blamed & they're only part of the problem.
america, and everyone everywhere for that matter, need to take better care & understanding of those on the fringes of society & on the fringes of mental health. tightening gun laws should be one of only a number of preventative measures the country takes to try and solve this problem. there needs to be a major change in policy in the treatment & detection of the mentally unstable as well.

it's not something that can happen overnight, but people have to start trying to change things for the future. america's still a relatively young country & should take time to address the wrongs in their constitution.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Holy fuck. Then start nowhere. Great solution.  What a dumb fucking attitude. Both your guys's arrogance is coming through in spades. the fact you think  that me, a Canadian , who has lived on your doorstep for 34 years has zero comprehension of your culture speaks volumes to your level of arrogance and ignorance. 

America: land of the free(yeah right) and home of the brave(only if you have a gun)

buzzsaw wrote:

14 That's because in your mind you think short term. You don't look at a  long term solution. Gun laws work in other countries but god forbid the Americans try something. Too smart and too proud to follow the lead of other countries. Always gotta be the trail blazers. Guns laws, and restrictions would work given time. To suggest they couldn't spits in the face of every other country that has shown they do work. Brings me back to the whole point about starting somewhere (oh but that's too general for ID to comprehend) and wanting to make the change in culture. Sadly I think Axlin is  right. Your country simply doesn't want to make a change. You're too busy thumping your chest and being "right"

No shit.  Why do you think I've been saying they won't work?  People aren't going to give up their guns.  I've been saying that since the beginning of this discussion.  You still don't get it, but at least it appears you understand the reality of the situation.  Congrats!

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:

let mejust preface what i'm about to say w/this: i actually enjoy guns & if i were american or lived in america i'd probably have amassed a small arsenal by now.

BUT the logic espoused by some of the americans regarding the issue of gun control is fatally flawed.
guns are objects of destruction, they are not designed to protect.
you protect people by fostering a society based on trust & well-being. you don't protect people by making guns readily available. it's a preposterous notion.
& of course people like buzz have their statistics (my current fave is the one about states which have more lax gun laws having lower numbers of killings/massacres). statistics cannot be trusted, statistics can prove anything. 49% or something of all people know that(!). or this idea about "bad guys", which is frightening in itself, it's so reductive & childlike.

i don't mean to be frivolous of course.
there is a sickness in american society regarding this issue. yea guns are blamed & they're only part of the problem.
america, and everyone everywhere for that matter, need to take better care & understanding of those on the fringes of society & on the fringes of mental health. tightening gun laws should be one of only a number of preventative measures the country takes to try and solve this problem. there needs to be a major change in policy in the treatment & detection of the mentally unstable as well.

it's not something that can happen overnight, but people have to start trying to change things for the future. america's still a relatively young country & should take time to address the wrongs in their constitution.

There's nothing wrong with the constitution - not in terms of gun laws at least.  That's what the people want.  If that ever changes, the laws will change.  The constitution is working just fine.

Board footer