You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Elementary School Shooting in US

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's an example of guns laws limiting gun violence in a westernised democracy, hell, it's a country whose constitution was written by the USA based on your own god damn system of government MINUS the gun rights.

You want to talk about dense but the only nation that has this problem is the only nation who maintains a right to arms. Yet you have the audacity to slag off guns laws as not working - when the experience of EVERY WESTERN NATION is that they do.

American pride aside your country is not that much of a special case. You are just like the English, Australians, Canadians and a bunch of other nations...except RIGHT NOW you have a culture of gun tolerance..but that's something that could be turned around if you'd only get your head out of the sand.

Keep calling the rest of the world stupid, and that we don't understand your special circumstances, but it's going to come down to evolution I guess, if as a society you can't solve this then you can just keep shooting each other and culling your children's potential while europe and the rest of the world with any common sense move on without your ignorant asses.

Amazingly enough millions upon millions of people in the US never see someone killed with a gun or know someone killed with a gun.  Generally speaking it's bad guys killing bad guys.  You make it sound like people are getting shot left and right.  You guys think it's the wild west and that couldn't be further from the truth.  You have this perception that is so far from reality and that keeps you from having any understanding of what is going on.

That makes you the ignorant ones.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If you did remove every gun, there would be less murders, but the bad guys would still get them...  It's math. Neither of the past two events would have been stopped with any of the ideas out there. We do have a culture problem in the US. We have raised a generation of moody pussies that are hooked on aderol and anti depressants. A society that is into World of Warcraft, Doom, etc that has become numb to death. Now we got a bunch of crazy fucks that want to out do each other with every killing. These will continue to happen. They will happen because its very easy to happen. I can go kill a lot f people right now with my Benneli shotgun and my 22 rifle. Wouldn't be hard. It's too easy. Maybe we need more church or some shit.

Oh, so you're just dumber than the rest of us then.

The rest of the western civilization got WoW and Doom as well. Oh, and pills too. We even have moody pussies hooked on anti depressants. But even so, our stats combined - Canada, Australia, Germany, Scandinavia and so on - aren't even close to yours in gun violence. Why?

So, let's conclude that it's not the guns. You're simply that much fucking dumber than us.

That's what you're all trying to tell me, Bono and monkey right?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If you did remove every gun, there would be less murders, but the bad guys would still get them...  It's math. Neither of the past two events would have been stopped with any of the ideas out there. We do have a culture problem in the US. We have raised a generation of moody pussies that are hooked on aderol and anti depressants. A society that is into World of Warcraft, Doom, etc that has become numb to death. Now we got a bunch of crazy fucks that want to out do each other with every killing. These will continue to happen. They will happen because its very easy to happen. I can go kill a lot f people right now with my Benneli shotgun and my 22 rifle. Wouldn't be hard. It's too easy. Maybe we need more church or some shit.

Oh, so you're just dumber than the rest of us then.

The rest of the western civilization got WoW and Doom as well. Oh, and pills too. We even have moody pussies hooked on anti depressants. But even so, our stats combined - Canada, Australia, Germany, Scandinavia and so on - aren't even close to yours in gun violence. Why?

So, let's conclude that it's not the guns. You're simply that much fucking dumber than us.

That's what you're all trying to tell me, Bono and monkey right?

What he's telling you is that 99%+ of the US population is completely unaffected by gun violence.  He's telling you that some miniscule amount of people have a mental issue that results in them committing acts similar to the one that started this thread and they are going to do that regardless of what the gun laws are.  What he's telling you is that we as a country are not willing to turn our entire lifestyle (as pathetic as you may view that lifestyle) completely upside down for something that is far more rare than people dying in car accidents.

What he's saying that you don't get is that this country was founded by freedom; the freedom to do what we want to do.  People are offended by changes in security post 9/11.  You just lack the perspective to understand.  It doesn't matter if you think it's right or wrong.  If you don't live here, you don't have a say in it.  If you do and it bothers you, then rally people to your cause.  Right now it's going to take a lot of rallying...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Buzz has never said anything about not having gun laws. Pass them. We both just know it will have no effect. We've had them. Again, the answer is a lot more complex than the broad, non-specific "it needs to start somehwere" and my favorite "Your culture is fucked up" coming from people who literally have no understanding of it and continue to throw generalities out there, because A) they have no real answer on how to deal with "our " problem and B) no understanding of that problem.

This isn't doom and gloom, I gave several solutions, you guys refused to hear it because it didn't include banning guns, which is an impossibility.

Holy fuck. Then start nowhere. Great solution.  What a dumb fucking attitude. Both your guys's arrogance is coming through in spades. the fact you think  that me, a Canadian , who has lived on your doorstep for 34 years has zero comprehension of your culture speaks volumes to your level of arrogance and ignorance. 

America: land of the free(yeah right) and home of the brave(only if you have a gun)

You need to learn how to read. I gave solutions. Who's got the "dumb fucking attitude" now? And no, Canada and Australia do not understand (but I do appreciate the anti Americanism!).

Since we're giving links:

Here's one for Bono -

http://www.examiner.com/article/armed-h … -sleepover

.Armed homeowner shoots intruders while children have sleepover

By: Jennifer CruzSubscribe

Sacramento, Calif. homeowner recently defended not only himself, but several children that were having a sleepover at his house, when three men attempted to break into his home. According to a report on December 23, 2012, by News 10, at a little after 3:30 a.m. Saturday morning the suspects attempted to break into the home and opened fire. The homeowner reacted quickly by grabbing his own gun and defending his home and the children inside.

The homeowner shot all three of the suspects, killing one and injuring the other two. The two suspects were taken into custody later that night after showing up at a local hospital with gunshot wounds. The homeowner was also shot, but his wounds were non-life threatening. The suspect’s name that was killed has not yet been released, and an investigation continues into both the robbery and shooting.

Firearms are used in self-defense approximately two million times each year. Thanks to the homeowner being armed and thinking quickly, the report was on a failed home invasion rather than a mass shooting at a child’s slumber party.

©2012 Jennifer L. Cruz. All Rights Reserved.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nat … 55782484/1

14-year old boy kills intruder.

Here's one:

80-Year-Old Shoots and Kills Armed Intruder in Chicago

An 80-year-old Chicago man shot and killed an armed man who broke into his two-story house in a pre-dawn home invasion Wednesday on the city’s West Side.

At about 5:20 a.m., the homeowner and his wife, also in her 80s, discovered the intruder entering their home through a back door. The homeowner, who had a gun, confronted and killed the burglar on the doorstep, police said. Cops said the intruder also fired his gun during the struggle.

“It’s a good thing they had a gun, or they might be dead,” said Curtis Thompson, who lives next door to the couple, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

However. . .it’s Chicago and it’s against the law to own a handgun. Will police dare press charges? Don’t they have to? — Greg Pollowitz
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about those gun laws!

DCK

DCK wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Buzz has never said anything about not having gun laws. Pass them. We both just know it will have no effect. We've had them. Again, the answer is a lot more complex than the broad, non-specific "it needs to start somehwere" and my favorite "Your culture is fucked up" coming from people who literally have no understanding of it and continue to throw generalities out there, because A) they have no real answer on how to deal with "our " problem and B) no understanding of that problem.

This isn't doom and gloom, I gave several solutions, you guys refused to hear it because it didn't include banning guns, which is an impossibility.

Holy fuck. Then start nowhere. Great solution.  What a dumb fucking attitude. Both your guys's arrogance is coming through in spades. the fact you think  that me, a Canadian , who has lived on your doorstep for 34 years has zero comprehension of your culture speaks volumes to your level of arrogance and ignorance. 

America: land of the free(yeah right) and home of the brave(only if you have a gun)

You need to learn how to read. I gave solutions. Who's got the "dumb fucking attitude" now? And no, Canada and Australia do not understand (but I do appreciate the anti Americanism!).

Since we're giving links:

Here's one for Bono -

http://www.examiner.com/article/armed-h … -sleepover

.Armed homeowner shoots intruders while children have sleepover

By: Jennifer CruzSubscribe

Sacramento, Calif. homeowner recently defended not only himself, but several children that were having a sleepover at his house, when three men attempted to break into his home. According to a report on December 23, 2012, by News 10, at a little after 3:30 a.m. Saturday morning the suspects attempted to break into the home and opened fire. The homeowner reacted quickly by grabbing his own gun and defending his home and the children inside.

The homeowner shot all three of the suspects, killing one and injuring the other two. The two suspects were taken into custody later that night after showing up at a local hospital with gunshot wounds. The homeowner was also shot, but his wounds were non-life threatening. The suspect’s name that was killed has not yet been released, and an investigation continues into both the robbery and shooting.

Firearms are used in self-defense approximately two million times each year. Thanks to the homeowner being armed and thinking quickly, the report was on a failed home invasion rather than a mass shooting at a child’s slumber party.

©2012 Jennifer L. Cruz. All Rights Reserved.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nat … 55782484/1

14-year old boy kills intruder.

Here's one:

80-Year-Old Shoots and Kills Armed Intruder in Chicago

An 80-year-old Chicago man shot and killed an armed man who broke into his two-story house in a pre-dawn home invasion Wednesday on the city’s West Side.

At about 5:20 a.m., the homeowner and his wife, also in her 80s, discovered the intruder entering their home through a back door. The homeowner, who had a gun, confronted and killed the burglar on the doorstep, police said. Cops said the intruder also fired his gun during the struggle.

“It’s a good thing they had a gun, or they might be dead,” said Curtis Thompson, who lives next door to the couple, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

However. . .it’s Chicago and it’s against the law to own a handgun. Will police dare press charges? Don’t they have to? — Greg Pollowitz
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about those gun laws!

Your dad was against seatbelts in cars, right?

A 14 year old killed the intruder. Nice. Implications on that young boys brain might lead to him going on a killing spree once he hits puberty. He will most likely be on those pills someone mentioned.

So, which one is it? You're just much more violent than the rest of us? Dumber than the rest of us? Different than the rest of us?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Different.  And right about now I'm thinking that's in our favor.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't know, DCK... That seemed to go right over your head...

johndivney wrote:

it's in your favour to be different?! wtf? how the fuck can you say that after the massacre of four & five yr old children?! get a fucking grip mate.

buzzsaw wrote:

What he's saying that you don't get is that this country was founded by freedom; the freedom to do what we want to do.

"what is the meaning of freedom in such a context?"
the freedom to amass weapons & murder children? seriously, you're using freedom as an argument in the face of & defence of rampaging murderers?! that guy wanted to kill a lot of people, what's more important to you, seemingly, is that he had the freedom to do this rather than laws to stop him (& his mother) obtaining weapons?! really?!

certain illusions about freedom plague people, societies. & this notion that you're free to enjoy guns is evidently dangerous to others & to others' "freedom".

freedom doesn't come into it (which is where your constitution IS wrong & does need amending). using 'freedom' is an abuse, an excuse & lazy. you can be free w/o the need to enshrine a right to hold firearms. if anything, the fear (& that is what it fundamentally is) that comes from gun culture prevents the very freedom you think exists.

guns are not freedom, they are not protection.

freedom is an illusion anyway. you want to be free then you break societies conventions, & then you probably end up one of these 'bad guys' you're so fond of referencing. freedom is isolation.
you want to be in a safe society? that's not freedom. you're bound to & by other people, family, friends, society. it's welcoming & home.
how do you get there? change the laws.

DCK

DCK wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Different.  And right about now I'm thinking that's in our favor.

Stats say more violent.

And like johndivney says, how can you say that considering someone just slaughtered children.

Again, arrogance.

You live in the kingdom of the blind.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

You thinking that represents the kingdom blinds you.  I'm well aware of the pluses and minuses of living here.  You on the contrary aren't.

Stats say most of us are not affected by gun violence.  But you're picking and choosing the stats you're using...

Board footer