You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Elementary School Shooting in US

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

I think what surprises me most, except this gun debate, is how you won't even listen to people living on  your doorstep. One thing is to slag off Scandinavians with our liberal this and that, strict gun control and strict alcohol policies, another thing is to push out Bono and Neemo, people so American there ain't no difference between them and a handful of Americans in your own country. That surprises me plenty.

Geography means nothing in this discussion.  They should know that what they want is impossible based on the number of guns in circulation, yet they don't.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Aussie wrote:

See Monkey those deaths from that graphic are the ones that I think guns controls are most likely to reduce.  Not the mass shootings but all those "one on one" type of deaths where easy access to a gun has much more "permanent" consequences than other types of weapons.

Now as I said before the USA is different in that they have more guns and a different culture to most other places.  BUT if they wanted to make a difference, albeit that it might take 1-2 generations plus and a whole heap of other changes not just guns controls, then these deaths are the ones that they could significantly impact on.

Most of the 1 on 1 crime is gang vs gang or criminal vs criminal.  I don't know what is going on here but you guys have this huge misconception on what happens in the US.

The ONLY place it might have an impact (besides accidents) might be domestic violence, but ask Nicole Brown Simpson if it's better to get killed by a knife.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

No what's been lost is you feel there is no solution while others have offered beginner steps to begin making changes. You don't wanna hear it though because first of all you have a "can't" attitude and secondly you feel you are so unique and we could never grasp what Americans are all about or what you have to deal with.  Such nonsense on your part.

It's amazing, you've totally ignored our solutions, and we've never said things can't be done except for the things that literally can't be done, like banning guns. It's like we never even spent the time to actually type out the solutions to have a civil discussion, even in the post directly above yours. When you actually read a post then maybe you can be taken seriously. I tried to take you seriously, respond to you, but this is the result. Have fun with your "won't read" attitude.

Monkey - Thanks for taking one sentence out of that entire post and spinning it. I know you have aboslutely nothing to add to this discussion outside your own opinion and your disrespectful barbs here and there about my country. Thanks.

It's amazing Buzz, we type the solutions out, no one reads it... or wants to. We talk about the guns in circulation, it's ignored. REPEATEDLY. Not one "American expert" in this thread has answered it one time. Not once. Like this problem doesn't even exist.

I guess we know nothing about our own country. We're taking the "expert" opinions of people who have no answers but a whole lot of opinions. I'm so glad I'm surrounded by experts on America -- because some happen to live right above us, but still have no idea about our political, judicial and regional differences. Not to mention, egads, our cultural differences. This all about them being right, us being wrong. Even when we're not disagreeing.

Thread dropped. Have at it. When I'm trying to find common ground and give facts ABOUT MY OWN COUNTRY THAT I FUCKING KNOW with "REAL" solutions to help solve it and not only is it ignored but I'm disrespected in the process... Have fun.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Are they still burning down churches all the time in Norway?  Those black metal satan dudes in Scandavia are so crazy!!  They should ban the Devil in Scandanavia!!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mister ID, Buzzsaw, and I, the lone Americans in this thread?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Mister ID, Buzzsaw, and I, the lone Americans in this thread?

Don't forget about Axlin.  I'm sure there were others, but not recently. 

It's kind of amazing to me how this thread has gone.  In some ways it's been pretty civil, but at the same time, basic facts (such as the amount of guns in circulation) are being completely ignored that make this discussion impossible to have.

If guns were banned today, everybody agrees that in 100 years or so, there might be an impact on gun violence in the US.  I'm not sure we want to go through everything else that would happen in those 100 years to get there though.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If guns were banned today, everybody agrees that in 100 years or so, there might be an impact on gun violence in the US.  I'm not sure we want to go through everything else that would happen in those 100 years to get there though.

This is actually the first post where I have seen one of you guys actually acknowledge that!  This has been my point all along, something could be done but it would take generations to make a difference.

I know that's my view and I have said it in both my other posts in this thread is that the US is different in that they have more guns in circulation than other examples around the world.  But Mr ID still posts this:

We talk about the guns in circulation, it's ignored. REPEATEDLY. Not one "American expert" in this thread has answered it one time. Not once. Like this problem doesn't even exist.

I don't know if I was included in his post since I certainly don't think Im an expert on the US but I acknowledged this fact in both my previous posts but it was ignored.  The mantra just went on that it won't work because there are more guns in circulation and all these non US posters aren't listening. Whose not listening?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

If Neemo or Bono feels safer across the border, they should. Because they are home. In their homeland. That's why I feel safe in America. I don't really see it as anymore than that. Guns have nothing to do with it.

I could get mugged and stabbed in Vancouver no different than Seattle.

A friend of mine was mugged in the streets of Montreal.  And they had guns.  I'd venture to guess he feels safer here than in Canada, or at least not any less safe.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Aussie wrote:

See Monkey those deaths from that graphic are the ones that I think guns controls are most likely to reduce.  Not the mass shootings but all those "one on one" type of deaths where easy access to a gun has much more "permanent" consequences than other types of weapons.

Now as I said before the USA is different in that they have more guns and a different culture to most other places.  BUT if they wanted to make a difference, albeit that it might take 1-2 generations plus and a whole heap of other changes not just guns controls, then these deaths are the ones that they could significantly impact on.

Most of the 1 on 1 crime is gang vs gang or criminal vs criminal.  I don't know what is going on here but you guys have this huge misconception on what happens in the US.

The ONLY place it might have an impact (besides accidents) might be domestic violence, but ask Nicole Brown Simpson if it's better to get killed by a knife.

Well I did a bit of searching and this site says that approximately 12% of all homicides are gang related. 

http://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Surve … idesnumber

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I never meant to offend apologies if I have...

I.do agree with u guys its a tough situation, its not for Canada to decide what the solution is its for the US citizens and gov't

I was just offering my 2cents on the matter....I'll shut up about it now

Board footer