You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Elementary School Shooting in US

slcpunk wrote:
-D- wrote:

I do think Teachers should be allowed to carry concealed weapons.... of course as I say this, a teacher would freak out and shoot his class....

Gonna basically have to have armed cops in EVERY school. they do good having them in High Schools etc now but even down to Elementary Level. Maybe have a guard tower and you have to show ID before being buzzed in or something.

Watch these highly trained armed men stop our president from getting shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-cKPe7E-wI

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Guns are too inbred into our society.  They will never go away even if outlawed.  Once you realize that, you realize why gun control will never change anything in the US.

You wouldn't say that shit if your kid didn't come home from school, I can guarantee your ass that right now.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Cramer wrote:

The status quo will do nothing quick.

Anybody who thinks this isn't a gun control issue should have their head examined.

Anybody that thinks gun control solves this needs to have their head examined.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Cramer wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Guns are too inbred into our society.  They will never go away even if outlawed.  Once you realize that, you realize why gun control will never change anything in the US.

You wouldn't say that shit if your kid didn't come home from school, I can guarantee your ass that right now.

Bullshit.  Facts are facts and emotions don't change them.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

The gun didn't kill anybody without a person pulling the trigger.  Undeniable fact that renders the rest of your gun control bullshit useless.

Gun control keeps kids from accidentally shooting themselves with their parent's gun (assuming they follow the law).  That's it.  Bad guys will always get their guns.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Atomic Weapons don't kill people unless you push the button.

Why not give North Korea nukes then?

People don't make choices we like. But the easier we make it for them to access weapons, and the greater the damage the weapons are capable of doing, then the more harm is done when occasional things happen.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Atomic Weapons don't kill people unless you push the button.

Why not give North Korea nukes then?

People don't make choices we like. But the easier we make it for them to access weapons, and the greater the damage the weapons are capable of doing, then the more harm is done when occasional things happen.

You don't get it...they already have access.  We're not talking preventing North Korea, we're talking telling Russia they have to give up theirs.

If guns weren't here (everywhere) already, I would agree with you.  They are here and too many of them to go away any time soon.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So immediately outlaw sale of guns and ammunition.

Has to run out eventually.

Sure people can make homemade and whatever....find a way to import it....but it's about the ease of people doing bad stuff...and the level of harm when they inevitably do....over the long term it would change your culture.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I dunno, maybe I'm missing the point, but what I'm kinda reading here is...

"don't take our guns away from us, its our right to have them!" 17 17 17

Well, if it's a right for everyone to own a firearm, then even the nut jobs will end up with one and do shit like this.

"the issue isn't about gun control"

Clearly there are deeper issues than just gun control, and I agree, if people want weapons, they WILL find a a way.

But don't you think if you take LEGAL gun ownership out of the equation, so there are less guns out there in the population, wouldn't that lessen the chances of something like this happening?

And in saying this, that doesn't make me anti-American, it makes me anti-violence 19

Our government had a buy back scheme a few years back, where they would pay you to hand in your firearms, no questions asked. And it was quite successful in taking a LOT of guns off the streets in Australia.
Maybe something like this would help ease up on just handing your gun over with new gun laws enforced.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Cramer wrote:

It's a good thing then we don't let people in emotional shock write laws.

Anyway, gun control clearly works:

ap_anders_breivik_jp_120824_wg.jpg

Killing with a gun is easy. It's even easier when nobody else has one.

Board footer