You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The Definitive Chinese Democracy Leaks Thread

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:
faldor wrote:

I didn't think Jarmo went below the belt with any of the things he said. Halo did. He got personal and a bit nasty. And even if he felt ganged up on, just because you may feel insulted, the answer isn't always to fire it up a notch and go for the jugular. It's clear to me that Halo is trying to make a name for himself so he can brag to his internet friends on various other GNR websites. "Hey, have you guys been following me schooling Jarmo on HTGTH? How awesome am I?"

Plus, the guy seems to be full of shit. He claims to know things he has no clue about and he changes his story. Not too long ago he claimed that an album would be out in 2013, now he's backed off of that. He's an attention seeker, plain and simple.

That, in my mind makes him a giant douche.

Jesus Faldo, Jarmo told him to "Fuck Off" told him was nothing, a nobody etc...where did Halo get worse than that??? Even the saner posters called Jarmo out for his insults to Halo and other posters. You would NEVER see the mods here behave the same way..

I am not here to defend Halo, I have not been to HGTH in a year or more and don't know him at all, never heard of him, but I did not see the guy be in any way more posionous as anybody else there. What he said was true in many cases.

I think you're dragging in other situations into this to form an overall opinion of Halo but for an outsider like me looking in on the Jarmo show, I think that boy has lost it. He's either an arrogant tosser who feels king of his tiny hill or a scared little soldier who is terrified of his boss.

Its probably a bit of both I reckon.

Yeah, I've heard Halo spew his shit for the better part of the last year, so my opinion on him isn't solely based off this one back and forth with Jarmo.  He's a wannabe insider who claims to know things and have things he doesn't seem to have.  An attention seeker.  So in my mind, I don't blame Jarmo for going off on him.

I'm one of the few who don't have a problem with Jarmo.  He's employed by the band, it's his board, he can run it however he sees fit.  There are plenty of other places to discuss GNR.  I post here more often than HTGTH these days because there's so little activity over there, or at least any interesting activity.  So I don't see why people bother hating on Jarmo.  What's the point?  You don't like the way he does things, post somewhere else.  What does bitching about him accomplish?

By the way, Halo now says the next album will come out in 2014, moving further from his 2013 prediction.  Maybe he'll acquire a few more unheard tracks in the meantime and he can brag about how they sound and not share them with anyone.  Can't wait!

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:

Halo69 aka AxlRoseCalifornia aka AndreCC, an old troll.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:
faldor wrote:

I didn't think Jarmo went below the belt with any of the things he said. Halo did. He got personal and a bit nasty. And even if he felt ganged up on, just because you may feel insulted, the answer isn't always to fire it up a notch and go for the jugular. It's clear to me that Halo is trying to make a name for himself so he can brag to his internet friends on various other GNR websites. "Hey, have you guys been following me schooling Jarmo on HTGTH? How awesome am I?"

Plus, the guy seems to be full of shit. He claims to know things he has no clue about and he changes his story. Not too long ago he claimed that an album would be out in 2013, now he's backed off of that. He's an attention seeker, plain and simple.

That, in my mind makes him a giant douche.

Jesus Faldo, Jarmo told him to "Fuck Off" told him was nothing, a nobody etc...where did Halo get worse than that??? Even the saner posters called Jarmo out for his insults to Halo and other posters. You would NEVER see the mods here behave the same way..

I am not here to defend Halo, I have not been to HGTH in a year or more and don't know him at all, never heard of him, but I did not see the guy be in any way more posionous as anybody else there. What he said was true in many cases.

I think you're dragging in other situations into this to form an overall opinion of Halo but for an outsider like me looking in on the Jarmo show, I think that boy has lost it. He's either an arrogant tosser who feels king of his tiny hill or a scared little soldier who is terrified of his boss.

Its probably a bit of both I reckon.

Yeah, I've heard Halo spew his shit for the better part of the last year, so my opinion on him isn't solely based off this one back and forth with Jarmo.  He's a wannabe insider who claims to know things and have things he doesn't seem to have.  An attention seeker.  So in my mind, I don't blame Jarmo for going off on him.

I'm one of the few who don't have a problem with Jarmo.  He's employed by the band, it's his board, he can run it however he sees fit.  There are plenty of other places to discuss GNR.  I post here more often than HTGTH these days because there's so little activity over there, or at least any interesting activity.  So I don't see why people bother hating on Jarmo.  What's the point?  You don't like the way he does things, post somewhere else.  What does bitching about him accomplish?

By the way, Halo now says the next album will come out in 2014, moving further from his 2013 prediction.  Maybe he'll acquire a few more unheard tracks in the meantime and he can brag about how they sound and not share them with anyone.  Can't wait!

I'm with faldor on this. 

If Jarmo called him a nothing or nobody - which I admit I may have missed among the many posts back and forth - that would certain change my view of the interaction.  But, as it stands, I didn't see, or I don't recall, anything like that.  So, I don't see anything wrong with what Jarmo said in the thread.  Halo/Andre was taunting him, which I thought was kind of childish, but other than that his opinions are his opinions.  But, I think playing the "insider" card was the asinine thing I saw in that thread.  I don't believe Halo/Andre has any songs, and even if he did, what he did by posting mere descriptions of songs seemed like nothing more than an attention-seeking ploy, be it for attention in and of itself or in an attempt to try and lure out a hoarder looking to make a trade.

As far as Jarmo goes, I agree with faldor again.  As a general rule of thumb, if you don't like his site, don't post there.  The minute you stop posting there is the minute it stops having any effect on your GN'R messageboard-going at all.  It is his site and a free one at that.  There's no loss in ceasing to post there. 

And, I can't help but think of the fact that the people that complain about him the most, from my observations and recollections, are not the people who've actually met the guy.  There have been several posters who've met him over the years and said he was polite and courteous, including the guys from the Talking Metal podcast who interviewed him several years ago.   Which isn't to dismiss any complaints about the way he runs his site, if you have any.  Just an observation that like the GN'R shows themselves, there seems to be a difference in opinion when observing from afar vs. based on first-hand experience. 14

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The people that meet me think I'm nice too...doesn't mean I can't be a dick online sometimes.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I've met Jarmo and he was very polite and friendly, seemed like a nice guy.

His website is great too, it's just his forum that I'm not a fan of smile Each to their own though.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Personally I just find HTGTH entertainment value these days.  I will have a brief lurk there for a laugh every once in a while then move on.  Jarmo's been pretty consistent since he did his 180 degree turn on Slash and VR 6 or 7 years ago.  Since then the site has been a cheer squad only zone for the band and he makes no apologies for that.  If anything he has probably just got blunter over time in highlighting his position and how people should use the forum or GTFO. 

Once upon a time it was subtle how conversations were steered towards only seeing the positives and spinning anything that happens.  Now it's pretty much "fuck off" if you have anything negative to say.  I can't blame him he's probably tired debating and trying to get others to give GNR the benefit of the doubt and see the sliver liniing every time things go tits up with GNR.

I find it funny though that people still want to go there just to argue with him.  He's not going to change his opinion on anything until Axl does, no matter how logical or thought out an argument is, so people are just wasting their time.

As someone else said, that Halo dude has been desperate to be an insider or get in on the leaks bandwagon for ages.  I could understand if he was a teenager just trolling people on the net or desperate for attention.  But the dude claims he has a good job and a family etc etc.  If that's the case why is he playing childish games?  Even if he has some material - so what.  He claims he's never going to share it so why even mention it.  The guy is clearly craving attention.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Aussie wrote:

He's not going to change his opinion on anything until Axl does, no matter how logical or thought out an argument is, so people are just wasting their time.

There's just a couple of little issues over there....

1.  Censorship kills news: If Jarmo THINKS someone in GNR management might not like something then all reference to it is killed. This means it's not somewhere you can rely on for GNR news. The rest of the world might be debating a new GNR leak and what it sounds like but over at HTGTH it hasn't happened. Why go to the GNR site with old info?

2. Pointlessness of Debate: Jarmo does what he does because he receives privileges and perks for doing so. No amount of logic, reason, truth, lies, aggression, banter, comedy will ever change his stance. It's the equivalent of paid political advertising. It's a waste of time to try and show him anything - anything you could offer or say is always going to be trumped by the awesome perks he gets being how he is. So why waste your time.

4. Sycophantic Worship: For reasons I've not uncovered it seems all the people who wind up with jarmo style insider access share a trait. Axl is NEVER wrong. EVER. Everything is always 100% positive. He's not a human with faults who might make reasonable errors. The band is perfect. There is no room for any constructive debate or criticism at all. Anyone who even thinks something could be better is an asshole who thinks he is owed something he is not and should fuck off - in fact he doesn't even deserve to have ever enjoyed the band at all. Also - no one knows anything at all about anything - we should remember that the only source of all knowledge is management. This overrides even things you may experience. Your ticket might say "Chinese Democracy World Tour" but you are wrong to think you saw the Chinese Democracy Tour if management says you didn't. You read Axl himself say "maybe same bat time next year" - no you didn't - not if management says you didn't. Do not think, speak or experience anything other than what you are told you have done. You are honoured to be allowed to be a fan, but like your driver's license it's a privilege and it can be revoked anytime you decide you have something to say - you listen, to management, they are always 100% correct and whatever they said this week is the absolute truth.

5. Disrespect to the old band - Along with total acceptance of item 4 comes the requirement to share all of managements grudges. If Axl likes a beverage it's the best drink ever. If he has an argument with the drink guy, the drink now sucks, it always sucked and we never liked it. It should never be mentioned it sucked so hard. The only part of it that didn't suck was that Axl drank it once - but that's just cos Axl doesn't suck - but drinks fucking suck. If you dare to refer to the drink it better only be to illustrate how much it sucks and how food is better than drinking. In short - there is no logical reason for the community to hate someone Axl hates - be it slash or whomever - but if you want to be a fan - it's required that you follow protocol and download the newest information on who is talented, who is a liar, and who we like this week. It doesn't matter how much old GNR ment to you or how responsible it is for GNR's success overall - they're drugged out hacks along with everyone who has ever crossed management (including old management).

6. Lifeless Conversation - There's very low tolerance for any other view than the official line. People that think otherwise are soon shown the door. The only conversation allowed is "this is good", "yes it is", "I concur", "better than the old", "yes", "everything is so good". It's a series of people falling over themselves to appear more sycophantic and more of a believer than even Jarmo....he was rewarded for his faith....and now the whole userbase there is just dying to be martyred so they too can join his heaven.

Frankly...the combination of these things makes it totally pointless to post there.

Very sad. It was once the greatest GNR site on the net.

Still. I bet Jarmo has a killer time on tour with the band.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't even think Axl lurks over there anymore, it's gotten that bad. He's always concentrated on MYGNR.

...and here big_smile

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Now that you guys have given me the full picture I see where you are coming from.
The mad thing is that I'm so bored with GNR at the minute that I get entertainment from the so called "insiders" and their mad rambings about having songs.

If people just ignored them instead of insulting them they may actually have a better time of it. These people thrive on attention - any kind of attention, even the insults.

Jarmo should know better and simply challenge Halo to drop his lyrics or tune in a PM to prove he is the real deal. The pages and pages of "you know nothing", "you are nothing" just seems an insane waste of his time and probably is giving Halo just what he wants.

Frankly, many GNR fans deserve a good ribbing (I get it from my friends all the time), some of us take all of this waaaay too seriously. I used to get upset but you get over your first love - eventually!!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Your ticket might say "Chinese Democracy World Tour" but you are wrong to think you saw the Chinese Democracy Tour if management says you didn't.

Funny, I had this almost exact discussion with Jarmo during the Australian 2007 tour, billed on my ticket as the "Chinese Democracy World Tour", and I was pissed that they didn't even play the song Chinese Democracy at the two Sydney shows I went to.

Jarmo's response was actually something like this...

"It's not the "Chinese Democracy World Tour" like your ticket says. The Australian promoter billed it as that, not the band..."

Rightio, so the band let the promoter sell the tour as something it actually wasn't... WTF???? 10 17

Oh, that's right, only in GN'R land... 14 14 14

Monkey, did you see this discussion I had with him at the time?
Because your example rings so true!!! 10 14 14 14

Board footer