You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Doug Goldstein Letter to Axl

Gibbo wrote:

What a tosser nice t-shirt poof

Sky Dog wrote:

I still think Goldstein was the one who pushed the alleged concert/hijack/name issue on Slash and Duff....Axl is nuts, but he was/isn't that cutthroat...I think Doug made up the story about Axl won't go on unless you sign the name over....the name issue may have come down to Dougie and his quest to have more power.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Good point.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

What a tosser nice t-shirt poof

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Of course if Axl wasn't secluded from the rest of the band, and didn't force people to go through two layers of management to have a conversation with him, then when someone like Doug made up a threat about cancelling the tour he would have been found out much easier.

Sky Dog wrote:

agree....I am not saying Axl doesn't hold responsibility...he certainly does because Doug worked for him (key point) but I think Doug likely over stepped his authority.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think it's also a good example of the mind fucking Axl has gone through and continues to go through...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It does show the lengths people will go to if they think they can get back in the inner circle.

Some of these ideas would have been interesting too like the festival.

But at the same time even if it was Doug who told Slash and Duff Axl would bail on the tour if they didn't sign the rights over:

1. It was a plausible lie only because Axl was constantly showing up late, refusing to do things, getting angry, storming off stage etc and making life hard for the others.

2. Axl created an environment where there's a wall of handlers between him and the band so they can't discuss anything informally to check the record.

3. It wasn't doug who had the term inserted into the contract.

4. It wasn't doug who relied on the term when he quit the band in 1995 and asked Slash and Duff to join a new GNR with Axl as boss.

So i think there's only so many stones that can be cast in doug's direction.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

that letter made my skin crawl...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It does show the lengths people will go to if they think they can get back in the inner circle.

Some of these ideas would have been interesting too like the festival.

But at the same time even if it was Doug who told Slash and Duff Axl would bail on the tour if they didn't sign the rights over:

1. It was a plausible lie only because Axl was constantly showing up late, refusing to do things, getting angry, storming off stage etc and making life hard for the others.

2. Axl created an environment where there's a wall of handlers between him and the band so they can't discuss anything informally to check the record.

3. It wasn't doug who had the term inserted into the contract.

4. It wasn't doug who relied on the term when he quit the band in 1995 and asked Slash and Duff to join a new GNR with Axl as boss.

So i think there's only so many stones that can be cast in doug's direction.

Axl wanted the name and Doug got it for him. Plain and simple.

Noone can doubt that Axl was satisfied with the outcome. Anyone with half a brain could have found out that Slash and Duff didn't signed over the name just to make Axl happy. Axl knew money wasn't involved. He surely knew that Douggie made some dirty tricks to get the name for him. Axl was fully aware of his puppet's dirty politics, but didn't do anything, cause he got what he wanted. It's another story that he's a proven hipocrite who'd lie till hell freezes over to make himself look innocent.

BTW this whole blackmailing story wouldn't matter too much today, if Axl proved to be a good captain (and owner) in the past 18 years. Unfortunately he got the wheel and drove the car off the cliff.

Board footer