You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Doug Goldstein Letter to Axl

Gibbo wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

that letter made my skin crawl...

I ALWAYS felt that way myself. This was always an embarassing letter, both for Doug, as well as Axl.

It came across as the most humiliating, pandering way or "I want my job back. Please? Purity please? Purity pretty please with sugar on top? I promise I won't screw up again, I love you"

There's nothing wrong with ONE desperate "I love you" letter to try to save the whole deal... but the difference is it's a letter coming from passion. Whether love or hatred. That person has the emotion of passion. They love to hate you, or they just love you. That's what they want. YOUR love. There's something admirable about that, even if it's desperate.

But doing it, disguising it as this, and all for money. Nothing but money. Axl wasn't fooled, and neither would I. Epic douche of the universe Award Nominee moment.

Fuck Doug. He broke up the band. He's one of the guys that if I could send a Terminator  back in time to keep him from ever being born to save GN'R -- he'd be first on the list.

Totally agree mate you only have to look at the tosser in them pictures looks like he just finished the tour to france

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:

I love when people make a conscious effort to sound smarter than they are by using ridiclous vocabulary. Ali we're on a  Gn'R message board, not a court room. Seriously drop the act already. You know how I know it's an act? Cause you'd never talk that way in real life to any of us.  I've never seen anyone buy into their own online persona like you do. The more people suggesed you act like Gn'R's attourney the more you play it up. It's so fucking weird.

You know what's so asinine about this post?  You don't know me.  You don't know how smart I am or am not and you don't know how I talk in real life because, again, you don't know me at all.  And yet, you're writing about me trying to sound smarter than I am and how I would talk in real life.

Please don't presume to know me because you don't.

Ali

16 No Ali I don't know you but I know a full blown act when I see one. I know you don't speak like than when sitting around having a  beer with the guys.  And FYI super smart guy I wasn't trying to sound smarter than you, I was simply pointing out how ridiculous it is that you play up this "attorney" character you have going.

Apparently, you don't know what you think you do.  You're only further proving my point.  And, yes, this is how I often write and talk when communicating with colleagues at work.

And by the way, I didn't mean YOU were trying to sound smarter than me, just reiterating the ridiculous comment that I was writing the way I was because I was trying to sound smarter than I actually am.  And, again, it's ridiculous because you don't know me so you have no way of knowing how smart I actually am or am not.  Or anything else about me.

Anyway, if you want to make a point or counterpoint about GN'R-related stuff, fine.  This personal commentary and faux-insight is unnecessary and pointless (for the reasons I just mentioned).  So, let's move on 22

Ali

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

The point is Ali, I think your mails lack humanity...that is not a personal attack, its just how I take your style of posting. Its analytical, formal and legalistic.
You defend Axl to the last, in the same way across three fan forums, on a daily basis - wracking up hundreds of emails.
You never goof, you never joke, its just this cool, controlled flow of formal semantics.
You seem like a good sort, it would be nice to see you cut loose now and again!
Do you ever get bored? I mean half the nutso rubbish I write here is more out of boredom and a chance to see what the others here will write back; not with some great plan to protect or destroy the lives of a bunch of rich rocker assholes who I do not know.
You seem to take your role very seriously, and with serious committment to the point where I actually thought you might work for Axl.
Maybe?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

You seem to take your role very seriously, and with serious committment to the point where I actually thought you might work for Axl.
Maybe?

That the impression I got too.

Lomax wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Maybe?

That the impression I got too.

If you think about it. Ali is an anagram for Lia which is something you cannot spell Liar without which leads me to conclude that Ali is in fact a bot developed by Pitman to retain GNR's reputation in the online community.

robot2.jpg

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I think that implying he's a liar is far aggressive. I've never seem Ali being disrespectful with anybody so I think this is pretty unfair.

He usually has a pro-Axl point of view but that doesn't mean he's a liar or an employee (although that may be the case tongue). Sometimes his points may sound over what we have as common sense or even what we have as fact but to start being disrespectful with the guy (as all the little jokes as he may be a she) is not what this forum is about, specially when the only thing he holds against people is a difference of opinion.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
otto wrote:

I think that implying he's a liar is far aggressive. I've never seem Ali being disrespectful with anybody so I think this is pretty unfair.

That's just a humorous comment on the wild theories going on in the posts above him. Nothing wrong with that.

The 3 stooges before him on the other hand...

Let's just forget for a moment that questioning the honesty of fellow members without evidence is rude and disrespectful. Also forget that in essence it's boring and irrelevant. Ok, so let's test this Ali is a shill theory:

Filling the position: Can't just be any guy from the street, must be someone who knows what he's doing. That in return is going to cost. In a competitive market at least 100k+ year full time. For a band squabbling about 70 thousand that seems excessive. How about someone part time? Axl's got plenty of lawyers right? Maybe he just gets one of them to drop a few posts here and there and write hours on it? Well, like any freelancer we know 15 minutes becomes a full hour so just for rudimentary work on a lawyers fee that's still gotta be a few hundred bucks a day across 3 sites, probably more. You're not paying a 100k, but at least around 30 or 40.

Ok, that's certainly feasible for a rich man, but what are you really getting for this money? No matter how much money you had, would you pay 30k to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic? I can totally see Ali's post frequency of about 1 per day starting to unravel the negative forces rallied on the forums against Axl for the final battle. I mean, I'd definitely consider paying serious money for something like that. And I'd make sure I get him to waste his time on HTGTH too, for appearances sake.

Having entire sites under your control might do something for you. And in fact that is what happened. How much are they paying Jarmo? Maybe some hosting fees, backstage passes and a free ride on the touring buss? But they're gonna pay some lawyer more than that to go and try and win over the 20 man strong Evo faction?

I know finding a supporter of Axl at a GN'R fan forum these days is about as hard and shocking as seeing an actual Christian at a norwegian Christmas Eve mass, but it is possible. It's also possible this person simply went to college and learned a few things besides keg games and the harsh lessons of unprotective sex. Which in turn may lead him to adopt some words not everybody understands.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I am Axl and I can positively say I'm not paying Ali to defend me.

Oh wait...
big_smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Umm...did Ali ever say he was a lawyer?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote: