You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: BUMBLEFOOT Says Waiting For A New GUNS N' ROSES Album To Get Done Is '

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Makes me further believe label gave axl the motley crue treatment

No original band no album or no support

Get ready for another huge lawsuit then.... The artists union isn't going to stand for that.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I don't agree that they SHOULD be going about it one song at a time but it's better than nothing which sadly is what this band stands for now. NOTHING.

What they should be doing is not  scheduling anymore tours and get in the fucking studio and release an album or two. THAT is what they should be doing. I mean holy shit.  EXAMPLE: U2 put an album out in the spring of 2009, did the massive 360 tour untill late 2011 and will have an album out late this year(supposedly) and that's been a snail's pace. Oh and Bono had and recovered from emergency spinal surgery. No excuses, still truckin' along.

What in the hell is wrong with this organization? Honestly? It's nothing more than a cover band and they're to the point where there isn't much left for them to do but admit it.  I totally admire BBF's honesty but isn't it pathetic that this is what he has to work with. How sad is it that a guy who likely would love to give the fans good news simply can't.

Honest question: How can anyone consider THIS band their favourite band when they've done absolutely nothing?  I ask that only because people refer to this band as their favourite. I LOVE Guns N' Roses. They are my second favourite band but not this band. They're cool but to no fault of anyone in the band other than Axl(let's be honest it's him) they've done absolutely nothing to warrent being Guns N' Roses and it seems there are no plans going forward to change that.

I just can't believe it's 2013 and the guitar player in Guns N' Roses is venting his frustration still, that there really is no plan for any new material.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Scabbie wrote:

I appreciate BBFs honesty.

I find this is all pretty pathetic though.

Touring getting in the way? Take a break from it.

Too many other distractions or projects? Learn to prioritise. Cancel all other musical, clothing and culinary projects for a year.

I wander if this band has ever sat down together as a group and just jammed. Not rehearsed gnr songs, but just jammed, thrown around some ideas and had some fun creating music together.
I think the closest we've seen was 'one man mutiny'

Well you could say that bumblefoot & frank have jammed and recorded together on various projects too. I believe the rest of them even dj have at least got in a room and just played around with their equipment and played together before a show or just hanging out as friends. The big factor is the man himself axl actually being there in a room with them to work out those jam sessions, demos, etc into actual songs with vocals and rehearsal parts. Not this individual session crap with him showing up in the middle of the night working on the stuff they did without him during the day. It's not going to cut it. We all know he is going to fucking do it anyway.

Bono

Bono wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Name me one major artist who wholeheartedly loves his/her label.

Can't think of any, myself.

U2 has no issues with their label to my knowledge. They were with Island records in the US untill 1998 when they switched to Interscope and in 2006 in the UK when they switched to Mercury and they never switched because of being unsatisfied they switched to go with guys they had worked with in the past who had move on to the other labels.  All three labels operate under Universal Music Group.  What's funny was in 1986 Island records was facing bankruptcy but U2 bailed them out. To repay U2 Island increased their royalties and gave them back owenership of their master recordings.

Mercury announced that U2 will have a new album out later this year but going back to my original point that U2 doesn't have a problem with their labels is that since the Pop album U2 releases their albums when they want whether the label likes it or not 16  Hence the reason for only 3 new albums in the last 15 years maybe.  I can't find the source right now but I know I've read quotes from the members of the band and Paul McGuinnes in the past saying the label really has no say when it comes to how U2 operate in terms of their album releases or creativity. Smart business guys. They worked that shit out long ago I guess.

Anyways yeah.... to my knowledge U2 is one band that actually do like their labels and have good working relations with them.

Sorry for the U2 lesson  but don't blame me you asked 16

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

What I find really sad is that I found myself reading this and thinking "Jesus Bumble, you're going to get fucking hung drawn and quartered for this!"

Its terrible that we have grown accoustomed to band members sounding stupid as they try to deal with the impossible situation of not directly blaming Axl/Team Brazil for the abysmal management strategy around this band.

"I'm allowed to my own solos"...."stuff gets in the way"..."the Hall Of Fame to come up with something but they had it in their mind that it was their way or no way"....

all fucking bullshit to cover for the boss and his crew...

You even see weeners like Jarmo slam down Bumble when he had the audacity to complain about the set up around their French wedding gig...

It seems that the hangers on and yes men get free reign to behave like assholes to those who worked hard to build and drive the gravy train they now ride upon..

In fact, when you look at the published "enemy list" below, it would seem that anyone professional who had any hand or part in making GNR what it was today gets the treatment.

I'm willing to bet that at least 80% of the current line up will be on that list within the next two years.

And you expect an album from this nest of vipers?

Alan Niven, Tom Zutaut
Mike Clink
David Geffen
Bryn Bridenthal
Arlette Vereeke
Doug Goldstein
Peter Paterno
Lee Phillips
Eddie Rosenblatt
Jimmy Iovine
Bert Diexler
Charles Sussman
Michael Oppenheim
Ken Hertz
Universal
Vivendi
Merck Mercuriadis
Sanctuary
Howard Weitzman
Slash
Izzy
Duff
Steven
Matt
Gilby
McBob
Adam Day
Robert John
Gene Kirkland
Marc Canter

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
Bono wrote:

Honest question: How can anyone consider THIS band their favourite band when they've done absolutely nothing?  I ask that only because people refer to this band as their favourite.

It's a form of self harm surely, to have GnR as your fave band.  Where's that stick?  I need to hit myself again.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Bono wrote:

Honest question: How can anyone consider THIS band their favourite band when they've done absolutely nothing?  I ask that only because people refer to this band as their favourite.

It's a form of self harm surely, to have GnR as your fave band.  Where's that stick?  I need to hit myself again.

Laughed out Loud!!! 16

Bono

Bono wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

What I find really sad is that I found myself reading this and thinking "Jesus Bumble, you're going to get fucking hung drawn and quartered for this!"

Its terrible that we have grown accoustomed to band members sounding stupid as they try to deal with the impossible situation of not directly blaming Axl/Team Brazil for the abysmal management strategy around this band.

"I'm allowed to my own solos"...."stuff gets in the way"..."the Hall Of Fame to come up with something but they had it in their mind that it was their way or no way"....

all fucking bullshit to cover for the boss and his crew...

You even see weeners like Jarmo slam down Bumble when he had the audacity to complain about the set up around their French wedding gig...

It seems that the hangers on and yes men get free reign to behave like assholes to those who worked hard to build and drive the gravy train they now ride upon..

In fact, when you look at the published "enemy list" below, it would seem that anyone professional who had any hand or part in making GNR what it was today gets the treatment.

I'm willing to bet that at least 80% of the current line up will be on that list within the next two years.

And you expect an album from this nest of vipers?

Alan Niven, Tom Zutaut
Mike Clink
David Geffen
Bryn Bridenthal
Arlette Vereeke
Doug Goldstein
Peter Paterno
Lee Phillips
Eddie Rosenblatt
Jimmy Iovine
Bert Diexler
Charles Sussman
Michael Oppenheim
Ken Hertz
Universal
Vivendi
Merck Mercuriadis
Sanctuary
Howard Weitzman
Slash
Izzy
Duff
Steven
Matt
Gilby
McBob
Adam Day
Robert John
Gene Kirkland
Marc Canter

16 it's  beyond insane isn't it.  It's everyone else fault. Funny how U2 left Island in 1998 to go to Interscope because of Jimmy Iovine. They like working with him and switched labels to work with him. Funny how U2 can get on but Gn'R can't because he, as well as everyone else on the planet, is out ta get them.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

It's weird how other bands can consistently put albums every couple of years, but GN'R for some reason cant focus on making one.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer