You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: BUMBLEFOOT Says Waiting For A New GUNS N' ROSES Album To Get Done Is '

polluxlm wrote:
smoke wrote:

Yeah, I'd love music in any form over none. But the one single every x weeks plans leaves me cold. I'm an album guy, especially when it comes to artists like Axl.

Definitely. There are so many things that define an album. You got some rockers, some ballads. Bassist does a song, you try something alternative on another. Maybe throw in some interludes or make a theme.

That entire dynamic changes if you start to think one song at a time. Soon you're chucking out clones of Jungle and November Rain.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

When you don't (can't) write even ONE SONG in 7 years, a full album seems to be impossible, for sure. Although I prefer albums to individual tunes, I'd rather choose a song in every 3 months (or a year!) than nothing for years and years and God knows how long.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
smoke wrote:

Yeah, I'd love music in any form over none. But the one single every x weeks plans leaves me cold. I'm an album guy, especially when it comes to artists like Axl.

Definitely. There are so many things that define an album. You got some rockers, some ballads. Bassist does a song, you try something alternative on another. Maybe throw in some interludes or make a theme.

That entire dynamic changes if you start to think one song at a time. Soon you're chucking out clones of Jungle and November Rain.

I still think if one of these guys brought in something that Axl fell in love with they'd be recording. I haven't heard anything from DJ or Ron that they've written (as solo or part of a band) that I could see Axl being a part of. He lost a lot with Robin and Bucket leaving, who seemed to really inspire him.

Perhaps, he's blocked. He eluded to that before, that he hasn't been in the right "head space" to write. Then again, you'd figure if he was presented with something mindblowing, he'd be all over it.

And if Ron is still waiting for them all to get into a room and write, don't hold your breath. That's not the way Axl works. And again, I'd rather have the album that's already there. Let's not act like they don't have music ready to go, because they do. They don't need Ron and DJ to write another album or song.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

How on God's green earth can the subject of "Is this GN'R?" still get brought up?

There ya go. Focusing on a  "negative" that didn't even exist. I know your comment is directed at me yet the thing is I didn't say this wasn't Guns N' Roses. I didn't even question it. What I said was they are a cover band and if anyone wants to argue that I welcome it. They are Guns N' Roses yes but all they are at this point is a cover band of a cover band. My question was simply this. How can anyone genuinely point to a band that does nothing but play other people's songs as their favourite band. I get it if Guns N' Roses is your favourite band but this version of it?  Guns N'Roses in it's current form have done absolutely nothing but live on the legacy of a band that no longer exists. They stand nothing.  You're the only on bringing up the topic of whether this is or in't Guns N' Roses though. All i said was they'v one noting to warrent being labelled that other than our unde the name. That's TRUE. debate that I dare you. Fuck Axl coudl switch out every meber tomorrow and will still be Guns N' Roses but the reality would be the same. 

You fail to see in all this that the people who are "negative" are that way because they WANT this band to do something. They want a Guns N' Roses that is productive. Not a band that parades as Guns N' Roses. In a very real way I think the peopl who do question the authenticity of this Guns N' Roses are the ones more eager to move forward and have this and become a Guns N' Roses we can actually be proud of rather than accepting this sham. 

Nobody is denying this is Guns N' Roses. I just want them to fucking be Guns N' Roses and not a cover band. This band of talented musicians has quickly become the biggest waste of musical talent ever.

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl can't cover his own songs. Axl is Gnr at this point.....they are Gnr. Just a version you don't like. Just my two. I've grown tired of this Gnr as well.

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
smoke wrote:

I still think if one of these guys brought something that Axl fell in love with they'd be recording. I haven't heard anything from DJ or Ron that they've written (as solo or part of a band) that I could see Axl being a part of. He lost a lot with Robin and Bucket leaving, who seemed to really inspire him.

Perhaps, he's blocked. He eluded to that before, that he hasn't been in the right "head space" to write. Then again, you'd figure if he was resented with something minblowing, he'd be all over it.

And if Ron is still waiting for them all to get into a room and write, don't hold your breath. That's not the way Axl works. And again, I'd rather have the album that's already there. Let's not act like they don't have music ready to go, because they do. They don't need Ron and DJ to write another album or song.

I don't think he likes what they bring to the table...that is obvious. Besides, if he needed lyrics, he could lift some from the Chinese vault stuff. Dylan did that shit all the time. Ron's stuff is nowhere near Gnr level, Ashba is a douche, Fortus is a pure session player. Tommy has some Izzy type stuff but for the most part is more of a singer songwriter type like Westerberg. Reed and Goose are just keyboard players. hmm

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I still think if one of these guys brought something that Axl fell in love with they'd be recording. I haven't heard anything from DJ or Ron that they've written (as solo or part of a band) that I could see Axl being a part of. He lost a lot with Robin and Bucket leaving, who seemed to really inspire him.

Perhaps, he's blocked. He eluded to that before, that he hasn't been in the right "head space" to write. Then again, you'd figure if he was resented with something minblowing, he'd be all over it.

I don't think he likes what they bring to the table...that is obvious. Besides, if he needed lyrics, he could lift some from the Chinese vault stuff. Dylan did that shit all the time. Ron's stuff is nowhere near Gnr level, Ashba is a douche, Fortus is a pure session player. Tommy has some Izzy type stuff but for the most part is more of a singer songwriter type like Westerberg. Reed and Goose are just keyboard players. hmm

Totally agree mate i would much rather see bucket in the band anyday hell id rather see finch in the band then bumblefoot nice fella but they need someone who is creative not boring

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Bucket and Robin were the ones that really lit his inspirational fire. Losing them was more devastating than I think anyone ever figured. I'm still convinced he's still holding out (even if it's just hope) for one or both to come back to the fold.

And GN'R is King Crimson now. Just like NIN and The Cure. It's all one guy's show, no matter what it started out as, or was supposed to be. You can't cover your own songs... They're his songs and Axl is GN'R now.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think Bucket and Robin were the ones that really lit his inspirational fire. Losing them was more devastating than I think anyone ever figured. I'm still convinced he's still holding out (even if it's just hope) for one or both to come back to the fold.

You forgot to mention Paul Tobias, and I'm not being sarcastic.

Most songs on CD have collaborations between Tobias, Finck and Axl or Tobias and Axl. Bucket's were with Brain and Axl.

The argument of not having anything to release only holds still if they are to ignore the vault completely. They could drop a song that's already written every leg of the tour. If they don't or can't through the label, leak the damn songs using the forums.

Board footer