You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: GNR played Acoustic gig for Tommy Hilfiger in CA

Bono wrote:

Maybe Axl sounds so bad so often cause he chooses to. Maybe singing the way he used to at his age would end his career and maybe he saves the Axl Rose voice for the studio......  then again maybe not.

My gut says he simply doesn't have it in him anymore. Small glimpses is all we'll ever see. He'll fine tune it in the studio with production but in my opinion he simply can't sing the way he did when the world loved what he was doing.  I don't think Axl ever learned how to sing properly and as years went by he's probably found himself trying to sound like Axl Rose where as other singers just sing.

This is an awesome mashup. Musically there's nothing as organic as this on CD. It's just better, timeless, classic sounding music and as constipated as Axl's voice sounds it takes the song to a whole other level. Slash would do the same to CD songs with his guitar playing. 

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

that snakepit album is awful....By The Sword is a good tune and is better than everything on either snakepit album...jmo

That Snakepit album is better than anything by any of them past 1991.  tongue

My favorite post Gnr album by any of them (including Chinese) is Izzy's first Ju Ju Hounds album...different strokes for different folks. izzy

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I am one of the biggest Slash fanboys alive and outside of Beggars... I hate the Snakepit stuff.

Board footer