You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Bring Back Robin Finck "Tank"

polluxlm wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I don't say that to slag Robin, whom I never ever liked, but more as it would be a HUGE step backwards for GN'R. If they are going to "bring back" old members, and guitarists, there's only three guys they should be calling -- 21 / izzy / duff -- that's it.

I don't know, it would be very hard for this band to take any huge step backwards. 14

James Lofton wrote:

NO

Two reasons.....

1. If you bring him back, there's no point in doing it unless you're gonna ditch the current nostalgia act and bring back the entire 2001 lineup for a "second run" (laugh laugh).

2. If Axl has plans to release the second CD and wants the lineup that recorded it(goes back to reason 1). This wont happen because its obvious all these years later that vault's not worth being released.

With current GNR, what you see is all you're gonna get. Nostalgia til the cows come home and the cows aint coming home anytime soon, if ever.  There's ZERO reason to bring back Robin, Bucket, Brain,etc. As much as I love Bucket, I would never, EVER want him to return to GNR since it morphed into a nostalgia act.

Robin, whatever talent you have......use it elsewhere because if you come back you'll spend whatever creative years you have left playing Jungle, SCOM, PC, and other nostalgic head trips.

No point? So far he's proven to be a far better songwriter than DJ. You take your advantages where you can get them.

If you liked CD you'd probably like the rest of the vault. Axl likes it too going by his initial adoration for OMG. When he came to the forums he also said Buckets contributions were still highly valued and that he wouldn't have other players redub them. The reason we're not seeing it is because he doesn't think people will accept it as GN'R and/or with CD being out he wants a band that actually plays on an eventual follow up.

Of course, if the plan is to do the nostalgia act perpetually it's better to stay with DJ. The day that is confirmed however is the day I leave this band.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
RaZor wrote:

I don't really care who's in or out, I just want some new music. Hopefully something bad ass, but I'll seriously take anything right now.  All this touring w/o new music is giving me fan boy blue balls.

Though I don't really like the idea of a line up change, because its yet another delay.

Depends, if Axl jives better with Robin creatively the process should be shorter. But that's probably just wishful thinking, any changes likely means more delays.

And yes, new music is key. I don't even care if I like it, I just want this band to gain some sort of momentum. Maybe get Axl to become confident in the musical aspect of things again.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Do you really think they need a FOURTH guitarist? More time wasted on solo spots? Solos are cool but not when they are the same shit over and over again. If Axl can't put a record together with what he has then he should just give up.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I fucking quit being a GN'R fan if Robin is brought back.

And i'm not exaggerating, i'm done.

I don't say that to slag Robin, whom I never ever liked, but more as it would be a HUGE step backwards for GN'R. If they are going to "bring back" old members, and guitarists, there's only three guys they should be calling -- 21 / izzy / duff -- that's it.

Bringing back Robin & Bucket and dude's like that would be completely and utterly lame and would pretty much be an admission of "we're going nowhere, and doing nothing".

I know that's a laughable statement considering GN'R pretty much do that now, but at least they seem like they "are sorta wanting" to move forward with Deej & Ron. Bringing back COVER BAND members... seriously what an epic fucking fail move that would be.

This. Axlin sum sit up perfectly. bringing back old CD era members now would be lame as fucking hell. Do something now with this lineup or reunite with the the old band.  What a  waste of time it would be having som mini CD era reunion. This band has done so little over such long period of time that fans now see bringing back an old CD era members as forward progess and something to be exited about. What an absolute joke outfit this has become..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

As it likely has been discussed, NIN has reformed without Robin Finck.

So let's start the Robin love.

Your thoughts?

YES! YES! YES!

finck 9

I don't even give a shit about new music from THIS line up. I don't care about new Ron and DJ songs. Robin and Bucket are the only era I care about hearing from. Make this happen. Now.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

No point? So far he's proven to be a far better songwriter than DJ.

Not sure about that...to my knowledge Robin's only songwriting credit is Better...DJ has commercially successful writing credits with Sixx:AM and Motley Crue under his belt.

Unless you mean because Axl released an Album with a Robin song on it and not with DJ.

But if we're going to transmute Axl's decisions on to the band members you'd have to note a bunch of stuff that wouldn't go down well....like Slash was able to get 5 EPs/Albums out of Axl.....and that when Robin and Bucket were in the band not only did they not get an album out (until BOTH members had quit) and that the only tour they lanched with that line up in 2002 also went belly-up.

So it's better to consider what the members can do separately from what they do when with Axl.

And DJ has proven himself to be able to walk the line between classic rock and relevant to the current rock audience very well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'll take Better over all of DJ's stuff. Combined.

Plus, it's the lttle stuff Robin brought to the songs, like Axl saying his TWAT screams were inspired by Robin's playing... It's all chemistry.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

As for Robin coming back - I'd be ok with it if one of the other guitarists plays the Slash solos.

I like Robin's solos on CD, but he just can't play the old songs well enough to do them justice.

If they gave all the slash leads to whichever of the guitarists stayed - then I could live with it.

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

YES! YES! YES!

finck 9

I don't even give a shit about new music from THIS line up. I don't care about new Ron and DJ songs. Robin and Bucket are the only era I care about hearing from. Make this happen. Now.

This is absolutely classic coming from a guy who has constantly accused others on this board, and wrongfully so, of not liking the band.

Bono

Bono wrote:

DJ's Ballad of Death trumps everything on CD in my opinion.

Board footer