You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Bring Back Robin Finck "Tank"

misterID wrote:

I didn't say I didn't like this band ... I like the music I like. Like everyone else. Pretty simple.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

DJ's Ballad of Death trumps everything on CD in my opinion.

Sorry, shouldn't have laughed. Everyone has the music they dig.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

I didn't say I didn't like this band ... I like the music I like. Like everyone else. Pretty simple.

you pretty much just said you don't give a shit about THIS band all the while accusing others in the past of not liking them. Hilarious.

Carry on.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Nope, I've said exactly what I've said since this became the DJ and Ron show. Sorry.

The difference here is: I'm not trying to say I like CD (or don't, or just a portion of it when it's convenient) when I never even bought it, just so my criticisms and attacks on it aren't just brushed off as butthurt trolling. I don't constantly attack this band, members, songs, singer, concerts and try to say I'm still a fan of them. I appreciate what's there, point out what I don't like, but don't belabor it. I can say I prefer a certain groups music, musicans, without constantly taking it out on the new group. If I didn't like what I was hearing I wouldn't bother posting about it. I much, much, much, much, much rather have the 02 line up as a band and original material. 

If I hated them I wouldn't waste my time on the main GN'R boards and I sure as shit wouldn't hesitate to say it. I've always said I'd rather have the vault untouched than original stuff from DJ and RON, but I would be open to it. Maybe I'm surprised. But I'll take Robin back in a heartbeat over DJ.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I just feel the band was too dysfunctional in that era...what are we bringing back?

The guy who wrote 1 song and a handful of tasty solos in a band that already has 3 guitarists with better lead guitar chops than him.

In a band that mostly plays guitar parts written for chops above his skill level.

It doesn't make sense.

If the band would release a CD 2 full of Robin songs maybe or if live they'd move away from AFD entirely.

But at the moment to me all Robin has under his belt is bad versions of Slash solos and 1 cool song.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yes.

He has an album worth of good stuff for me. Again, it's taste. I like his guitar work. I like his work on the old stuff, again, that's my view.

We'd be bringing back an original group of guys that gelled and had their own sound. Not copy cats.

Like all my favorite bands, I'll take awesome dysfunction over generic comraderie. Are you saying you'd take the current line up over Duff and Slash being back in the band? Or the 87 band? That would be the height of dysfunction like it always was.

But... Like Robin coming back, that's not happening.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

If i had a choice id Fuck bumbleboot off and bring back Buckethead

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yes.

He has an album worth of good stuff for me.

Yeah I like all his solos on CD as well, I was just talking writing credits as it had been suggested in the thread that he's a better writer than DJ and I don't think there's enough of his songs around to make that call.

misterID wrote:

I like his work on the old stuff, again, that's my view.

Fair enough...I can't say I do. To me those guitar melodies are as important of the lyrics...so it's no different to how I'd feel if Axl got up there and sang complete re-arrangments of the tune of the words or new lyrics.

DJ I put in the same class as Myles - in that they're both doing reasonable representations of the songs as they were recorded - they may or may not be able to do it properly due to their own talents and styles - but they give a serviceable version of the song as it was written.

But Robin's rewriting the music to an extent that's unacceptable to my taste.

misterID wrote:

We'd be bringing back an original group of guys that gelled and had their own sound. Not copy cats.

There is some grounds for GNR moving back to being it's own thing making new stuff rather than imitating past eras...but the thing is I don't think those guys gelled....seems to me like the band didn't really work in that era. And I don't think those guys back would change the status quo. It's not as if Axl can't write with DJ...he just doesn't....or if he does he keeps it private....

misterID wrote:

Like all my favorite bands, I'll take awesome dysfunction over generic comraderie. Are you saying you'd take the current line up over Duff and Slash being back in the band? Or the 87 band? That would be the height of dysfunction like it always was.

It depends what you mean by disfunction...like the 87 band was a bunch of life-fuckups and druggies and whatever...but for all their personal problems...they were functional...shit got done....87-91 is what....4 years....and we got 4 albums.....but since that band dissolved things were at their worst in Robin's era....no music...tours cancelled....these days it's evolved into the tribute show...but at least that's happening. To be fair I'm not saying these things are Robin's fault...I'm just not sure what bringing him back would achieve....as there's already a loaded gun worth of guitarists sitting in the band and no-one pulls the trigger....

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nope, I've said exactly what I've said since this became the DJ and Ron show. Sorry.

The difference here is: I'm not trying to say I like CD (or don't, or just a portion of it when it's convenient) when I never even bought it, just so my criticisms and attacks on it aren't just brushed off as butthurt trolling. I don't constantly attack this band, members, songs, singer, concerts and try to say I'm still a fan of them. I appreciate what's there, point out what I don't like, but don't belabor it. I can say I prefer a certain groups music, musicans, without constantly taking it out on the new group. If I didn't like what I was hearing I wouldn't bother posting about it. I much, much, much, much, much rather have the 02 line up as a band and original material. 

If I hated them I wouldn't waste my time on the main GN'R boards and I sure as shit wouldn't hesitate to say it. I've always said I'd rather have the vault untouched than original stuff from DJ and RON, but I would be open to it. Maybe I'm surprised. But I'll take Robin back in a heartbeat over DJ.

16 give it up. You're so caught in your own little web. Crying and moaning again that I didn't buy the album. Get it fucking straight ID, we've gone over this a million times. I was never buying CD  whether I liked it or not. The reason I didn't buy it is well known so you can stop with the bullshit that i didn't buy it because I hate the band and pretend to be a fan. I don't and never have constantly attacked members of the band. I've been critical of Axl Rose and his antics and performance yet I'm a  guy who's contantly stood up for him when it comes to his weight and shit like that. I've simply stated which songs I don't like which ones I do like just as anyone else.  Differece between you and me is I do give a shit about THIS band, would love to hear them do something of their own. You sit here now and say how you don't give a shit about them and would way rather have a 2002 reunion yet you fuking chastize people who wanted a 87-93 reunion as people living in the past who can't get over it Bahahahahaha!

16 Hilarious how hypcritical and contradicting your last few posts have been and you can't even see it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Have to back Bono up here.

These recent posts about you wanting the 2002 lineup back and not caring about the current lineup come out of left field, when you called most of us negative for supposedly not supporting the current lineup, when most of us actually do... 10 14

Board footer