You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Gn'R Live In London Sat. March 2nd VH1

monkeychow wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Ever wonder if that's why Ron is so vocal out of all of them? I could be wrong, but I think he's probably got the most going outside of GN'R. So I wonder if from him it's kind of a "Go ahead and fire me if you want because I'm still gonna speak my mind" situation.

I'd put it down to 3 things:

1. The pain issue, nothing like some inescapable pain to start giving you less tolerance for things - so like he's probably not only getting sick of frustrating things in the band but also having to explain them to people - like having to explain to interviewers why they don't release new products or why the band was late again. If you think about it many of his outbursts really just amount to him saying not to put it on him - the "If you're waiting I'm waiting too" statement - the "this band needs to record but life gets in the way" the "it should be out but I don't know why it doesn't happen" type comments. He maybe looses diplomacy but I think he's just sick of justifying stuff that's not his call.

2. He seems to be an open and honest guy and naturally always talked a lot to fans. Guys like bucket/robin seemed pretty private as people - but bumble always had his own site/forum. It's no surprise that the people who seem to make the most statements  - he and DJ are the same two people who talk to the press and interact the most with their personal fan base anyway. So I dunno if he's deliberately more vocal about it, or just that it's eaiser to talk to him than say a buckethead...and thus you end up with more statements on the matter.

3. I get the impression that in between tours the guys don't hear a lot from Axl - other than the occasional joking text or something. So I think maybe to a mild extent if bumble talks up his desire and eagerness to record with the band again and work on new music - it's an easy way to send a friendly message to axl that that's what's on his mind and what he'd love to do. Whereas phoning directly to do that is kinda confrontational and sounds way more demanding and official...not to mention you'd probably have to go through team brazil to get Axl on the phone anyway....

johndivney wrote:

ron isn't more vocal, he just doesn't peddle bullshit the way the others do.

maybe it's a jersey thing.
but maybe not. jon bon fucking jovi's from jersey too so there goes that theory.

maybe he's just a decent guy.
& the others are full of shit from having their heads so far up axl's asshole.

Sky Dog wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Nice. If only they'd stop screwing up releases.

that was pretty sweet. 19

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

In case anyone was hoping for a resolution. Though I know we're all far too intelligent to think that at this point.

@EddieTrunk: “@Beca66: @EddieTrunk I keep seeing the GN'R special was cancelled on VH1c but I just set my DVR and it is there.” Trust me not airing

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:

In case anyone was hoping for a resolution. Though I know we're all far too intelligent to think that at this point.

@EddieTrunk: “@Beca66: @EddieTrunk I keep seeing the GN'R special was cancelled on VH1c but I just set my DVR and it is there.” Trust me not airing

Another interesting tidbit from Eddie Trunk:

The GnR special Saturday was cancelled by the NETWORK, due to contractual issues clearing it for broadcast. I have NOTHING to do w/ decision

Ali

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I don't get why it was alright to air the 90 minute version on VH1 but suddenly there are contractual issues precluding them from airing the full concert. Were they not pleased with the songs that VH1 chose to air? Not enough CD songs? You would have thought those things would have been worked out. And you would think they would have known of the quality of the broadcast before it aired too. What could possibly be the contractual issues in question?

Ali

Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't get why it was alright to air the 90 minute version on VH1 but suddenly there are contractual issues precluding them from airing the full concert. Were they not pleased with the songs that VH1 chose to air? Not enough CD songs? You would have thought those things would have been worked out. And you would think they would have known of the quality of the broadcast before it aired too. What could possibly be the contractual issues in question?

I don't know, but perhaps VH1/Palladia could not get clearance to broadcast certain songs and elected to cancel the broadcast altogether for some reason.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:

A little more from Eddie Trunk on the issue:

http://eddietrunk.com/35-headed-to-vegas-tms-rush-more/

The Guns n Roses special scheduled for this weekend which featured the full O2 show from last year has been cancelled due to a contract issue with clearing it. Legal stuff I have nothing to do with. The video block I hosted may still air at some point but the concert will not. Sorry but a network issue/decisions, not me.

Ali

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

At least you got to give Trunk some credit despite his flaws, he really tried his best to show the current band by doing this with the extended O2 show and maybe a future interview.  I swear if Team Brazil is to blame for these stupid contracts, then this is ridiculous.

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

http://www.gnrfarm.com/loen5.htmlJust found a cheap soundboard recording of the show.

Board footer