You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Gn'R Live In London Sat. March 2nd VH1

Sky Dog wrote:

I was at a party and everyone thought it sounded pretty good...Smokin', I can't stand Richard's rhythm style either...the punch thing just doesn't work....especially when you put him up against Izzy and his laid back cool style. However, to me, Richard is the best lead player they have. He is a beast on lead and it is a shame that he doesn't get all the leads on the classic material.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree on Fortus' lead skills, but as good as he is, he is still in the Slash style of traditional rock, where bumble does all that virtuoso stuff that isn't needed.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I was exhausted by the time it was on so I saw CD and Jungle then dozed off in and out through YCBM til I gave up and went to bed.

My thoughts are this:

It's a TV edit where they took a 3+ hour show, cut it in half and then added commercials. I'm not surprised by how few songs were included but there were a lot of weird choice. Like you guys are talking about; why include a 15 minute version of KoHD when  you could fit at least two other songs in?

That said, I think stuff like that is probably more on Vh1 instead of GN'R. My guess is the only reason CD is even included is because it started the show. They were probably interested in getting all the classic GN'R tunes they could to air.

From what I heard, I didn't think Axl did any over dubs but like I said I wasn't listening all the closely so I can't really comment.

Here's something I didn't get at all; WHERE THE FUCK WAS DJs GUITAR?? Is it just me or was he mixed WAY too low?? For example, during Brownstone it sounded like no one was playing the solo at all. Very strange, but maybe it was just my mix somehow... I overhauled my A/V system the other day and perhaps I have something set wrong on my sound bar 16

That's what I was saying about the 22 g version you can't hear dj fuck all

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree on Fortus' lead skills, but as good as he is, he is still in the Slash style of traditional rock, where bumble does all that virtuoso stuff that isn't needed.

exactly, Richard is the closest thing to Slash on lead...he isn't Slash (obviously) but he is solid. DJ is a fucking clown...cannot stand him.....sorry if that offends anyone (I know JR and D like him so apologize to them in advance!). 19

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Watching it now. I agree the vocals aren't great, but they aren't bad either, imo. Love all the guitar work, so I'm enjoying it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

exactly, Richard is the closest thing to Slash on lead...he isn't Slash (obviously) but he is solid. DJ is a fucking clown...cannot stand him.....sorry if that offends anyone (I know JR and D like him so apologize to them in advance!). 19

No need to apologize for speaking the truth. DJ is a fucking clown.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

But at beginning of show camera was hardly on him and he sounded awesome. Then November Rain came and was shit from there on. Sweet Child was obvious overdub.

Yeah, he can't sing SCOM at all anymore. Even in 2010 when he had good rasp on songs like YCBM, old Mickey would show up at least once a night for SCOM.

I just dont like all the keyboard and shit in ycbm either along with the singing. Rock am ring 2006 still my fav Nu Gnrs pro shot easy.They do a good job iv the CD songs but slash and his band sound a shit load better on the original gnr song apart from myles iv course just think all the gay keyboard wrecks the original songs.

Exactly what every gnr fan wants, more Dizzy Reed.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I was exhausted by the time it was on so I saw CD and Jungle then dozed off in and out through YCBM til I gave up and went to bed.

My thoughts are this:

It's a TV edit where they took a 3+ hour show, cut it in half and then added commercials. I'm not surprised by how few songs were included but there were a lot of weird choice. Like you guys are talking about; why include a 15 minute version of KoHD when  you could fit at least two other songs in?

That said, I think stuff like that is probably more on Vh1 instead of GN'R. My guess is the only reason CD is even included is because it started the show. They were probably interested in getting all the classic GN'R tunes they could to air.

From what I heard, I didn't think Axl did any over dubs but like I said I wasn't listening all the closely so I can't really comment.

Here's something I didn't get at all; WHERE THE FUCK WAS DJs GUITAR?? Is it just me or was he mixed WAY too low?? For example, during Brownstone it sounded like no one was playing the solo at all. Very strange, but maybe it was just my mix somehow... I overhauled my A/V system the other day and perhaps I have something set wrong on my sound bar 16

Def not just you Russ, I couldn't hear it either. Looked like he was really whaling on KoHD too, and nada. Maybe someone at VH1 isn't a fan, lol.
That's what I was say about the 22 g version you can't hear dj fuck all

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Pls excuse the piss poor quoting / editing on that last post, it's hard to post with a smart phone. Especially when you're all thumbs.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Watching now. I think uncle Axl touched up some parts for sure...  No more Micky Mouse.

Are you kidding bro? It was overwhelmingly MM.

Board footer